Cudahy Sch Dist $28,162

Salem Sch Dist $33,308

Franklin Public Sch Dist $30,107

Arrowhead Uhs Sch Dist $29,434

Marshfield Sch Dist $28,047

Greendale Sch Dist $26,159

Raymond #14 Sch Dist $30,499

All above sourced from

Statistical Information Center - School Staff and Salary Data.

Twenty top paid administrators last year. These are individual positions, not averages. Third column is prorated fringe benefit.

Green Bay Area $184,000.00 $55,700.00

Racine $180,000.00 $34,193.00

Milwaukee $175,062.00 $68,303.00

Whitefish Bay $170,850.00 $42,969.00

New Berlin $166,089.00 $34,660.00

River Falls $165,626.00 $42,020.00

Whitnall $164,779.00 $48,048.00

Greendale $163,256.00 $53,608.00

Eau Claire Area $162,000.00 $49,535.00

Marathon $159,299.00 $52,721.00

Marathon Co CDEB $159,299.00 $52,721.00

Franklin Public $157,926.00 $78,647.00

Edgerton $156,783.00 $33,687.00

Cedarburg $154,993.00 $60,876.00

Hamilton $154,895.00 $63,722.00

Monona Grove $154,652.00 $38,311.00

Wausau $154,463.00 $62,696.00

Cooperative Ed Serv Agcy 01 $153,681.00 $74,444.00

Elmbrook $153,466.00 $25,884.00

I haven't gone through the stats yet from the link. Do those salaries include the benefits, i.e., pension and healthcare or are they straight salary?

Wow. Anyone want to bet how many of these people are broke and in debt because they can't learn to spend less than they bring in?

Rheo!

Salaries of highest 20 teacher salaries:

East Troy Community Sch Dist $116,066

D C Everest Area Sch Dist $101,450

Milwaukee Sch Dist $98,871

Spooner Area Sch Dist $98,081

Kaukauna Area Sch Dist $96,465

Arrowhead Uhs Sch Dist $93,518

Big Foot Uhs Sch Dist $90,383

Nicolet Uhs Sch Dist $90,312

Shorewood Sch Dist $89,183

Sheboygan Area Sch Dist $88,563

Sun Prairie Area Sch Dist $88,437

Marshfield Sch Dist $87,333

Muskego-Norway Sch Dist $84,963

Lake Geneva-Genoa City Uhs Sch $83,468

Whitefish Bay Sch Dist $83,253

Kettle Moraine Sch Dist $83,196

Menomonee Falls Sch Dist $83,011

Middleton-Cross Plains Sch Dis $82,754

Wilmot Uhs Sch Dist $82,521

Port Washington-Saukville Sch $82,468

East Troy-you are Sh**ing me!!!! That is the town next to me-about 6000 people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rheo

I haven't gone through the stats yet from the link. Do those salaries include the benefits, i.e., pension and healthcare or are they straight salary?

The admins are by job title. The teachers are averages. They include all fringe benefits, however that is defined.

If they don't pay health it's a benefit.

The problem with some public sector union employees is that they view health care and pension as entitlements and conveniently ignore them when they moan about their low salary to their neighbors. And, if these employees are teachers, they neglect to tell their neighbors that their 9 or 10 month salary is spread over 12 months and during summers they still get a check.

Rheo!

Salaries of highest 20 teacher salaries:

East Troy Community Sch Dist $116,066

D C Everest Area Sch Dist $101,450

Milwaukee Sch Dist $98,871

Spooner Area Sch Dist $98,081

Kaukauna Area Sch Dist $96,465

Arrowhead Uhs Sch Dist $93,518

Big Foot Uhs Sch Dist $90,383

Nicolet Uhs Sch Dist $90,312

Shorewood Sch Dist $89,183

Sheboygan Area Sch Dist $88,563

Sun Prairie Area Sch Dist $88,437

Marshfield Sch Dist $87,333

Muskego-Norway Sch Dist $84,963

Lake Geneva-Genoa City Uhs Sch $83,468

Whitefish Bay Sch Dist $83,253

Kettle Moraine Sch Dist $83,196

Menomonee Falls Sch Dist $83,011

Middleton-Cross Plains Sch Dis $82,754

Wilmot Uhs Sch Dist $82,521

Port Washington-Saukville Sch $82,468

East Troy-you are Sh**ing me!!!! That is the town next to me-about 6000 people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's language all alpacas love!

:blush:

Rheo

The admins are by job title. The teachers are averages. They include all fringe benefits, however that is defined.

If they don't pay health it's a benefit.

The problem with some public sector union employees is that they view health care and pension as entitlements and conveniently ignore them when they piss and moan about their low salary to their neighbors.

I have discovered this: No matter what my salary is, I am poor when I spend more than I earn. There are exceptions of course. But being on a very tight budget is not being poor. Being poor is owing more than you are worth. So lots of complaining may occur...but most of the time it is a matter of perspective.

I am ashamed to say its taken me far, far too many years to understand this...but growing up is a wonderful thing.

Administrative Salary Report

This report is generated from data collected annually as of the third Friday in September on the PI-1202 Fall Staff Report. Data are arranged in columns that include position, name of employee, gender, race, year of birth, prorated salary, prorated fringe, FTE, number of months per year employed, local experience, total experience, and highest degree. The Excel files may contain revised data from the previously published PDF or original paper documents.

LINK

msxls.gifEXCEL FILE Administrative Salary Reports, 2010

Average Salary by Group

(Reports for other positions are still being compiled. Please check back later.)

This report is generated from data submitted by education agencies annually as of the third Friday in September on the PI-1202 Fall Staff Report. The report only provides data for public school districts. (Omitted are staff hired by CESAs, County Children with Disabilities Education Boards, non-district sponsored charter schools, and state schools and facilities.) The report provides the low salary, high salary, average salary, average fringe, average local experience, and average total experience for staff in each public school district. Data are based on the full-time equivalent (FTE) sum of an individual's position assignments, being greater than 94 percent, and the months employed, being greater than eight. Information is not included if the assignment was for an intern.

LINK to Teachers as Group

msxls.gifEXCEL FILE LINK to Teachers as Group

My apologies if this has been posted by someone else........but this is a good synopsis, starting @ the 1:32 mark:

HOORAY FOR ME!!! :D

OK-in addition to Paul Ryan being my congressman-Scott Walker grew up in my county-just sayin :P

People who don't live in this part of the country have no idea how much it pains a Minnesotan to say this but...Cheese Heads Rock!

OK-in addition to Paul Ryan being my congressman-Scott Walker grew up in my county-just sayin :P

People who don't live in this part of the country have no idea how much it pains a Minnesotan to say this but...Cheese Heads Rock!

:lol: :lol: :lol: from someone who DOES understand!

shoutRheo

That's what many of these educators fail to realize. They are replaceable. Either by parents using online teachers or tutors at half the going price, or home schooling, private schools, secular and religious, software, or some combination.

Take a look at this place, 1600 videos, mostly math, all created by one individual, Salman Khan.

The Khan Academy

Here is a sample video showing his teaching style

Algebra: Linear Equations 4 : Solving linear equations with variable expressions in the denominators of fraction

A school district could replace any average math teacher in K-12 with a teaching assistant and a LCD display and some laptops.

And it's FREE Pass it on. He's also on iTunes University under Khan Academy

FAQ about KHAN Academy

snip

One protestor had sign that read, “I am not replaceable. I am professional.” Really? Do professionals disrupt the learning process to engage in silly political theatrics? Do professionals use students as political pawns to help secure hefty retirement and benefit packages for themselves?

snip

Left Re-embraces Hate and Vitriol in Wisconsin

Big Government

Thank you!!!

As long as we're talking about this....Yale University Courses

I'm watching Introduction to Ancient Greek History with Donald Kagan

"This is an introductory course in Greek history tracing the development of Greek civilization as manifested in political, intellectual, and creative achievements from the Bronze Age to the end of the classical period. Students read original sources in translation as well as the works of modern scholars."

I would offer a word of warning....be very very careful you might learn something. While it hasn't happened to me yet but it could happen to you. :o:P

snip

One protestor had sign that read, “I am not replaceable. I am professional.”

Speaking as someone who has been laid off, had my job move out of state, fired, and had to fight to keep my job, you are in fact replaceable...quite replaceable. We all are.

"I think we're focusing on balancing our budget," Walker said. "It would be wise for the President and others in Washington to focus on balancing their budget, which they are a long ways from doing."

"I think we're focusing on balancing our budget," Walker said. "It would be wise for the President and others in Washington to focus on balancing their budget, which they are a long ways from doing."

Hot Air: Grand bargain: Senators working on deal for tax and entitlement reform?

Allahpundit

2/17/11

There is a very long thread over at CGP on the Wis. situation Democrats flee Wisconsin to protest union curbs

If I may My last reply (or as I like to call it reality therapy

Here is the reality

A. The state of Wisc. is in deficit, their constitution requires a balanced budget. Given that here are the solutions...

1. renegotiate the contract, in light of the new realities

2. raise taxes, in a weak economy

3. layoff/fire thousands of people.

Your choice...choose wisely.

Wisconsin state budget

Wisconsin faces a budget shortfall of $137 million for the current FY2011 and the prospect of a $3.6 billion hole in the coming two-year budget. Gov. Scott Walker proposed budget cuts to balance the state's budget, and a bill related to collective bargaining by unions triggered days of protests in the state capitol.

(Snip)

WSJ Online Poll: Should state employees have collective-bargaining rights?

Ohio and Wisconsin are considering a bill which would strip state's public employees of most collective-bargaining rights. What do you think? Would the end of collective bargaining for public workers means new savings and efficiencies for taxpayers? Or would it be unfair to state workers?

Related Article

Ohio and Wisconsin are considering a bill which would strip state's public employees of most collective-bargaining rights. What do you think? Would the end of collective bargaining for public workers means new savings and efficiencies for taxpayers? Or would it be unfair to state workers?

Related Article

Not surprised about the results of the online WSJ poll.

In your perusals, have you seen any scientific polling that indicates where the public in Wisconsin is on this?

Related Article

Not surprised about the results of the online WSJ poll.

In your perusals, have you seen any scientific polling that indicates where the public in Wisconsin is on this?

No I haven't. But I haven't really looked either.

OTOH From what I understand Gov. Walker ran on doing this.

No I haven't. But I haven't really looked either.

OTOH From what I understand Gov. Walker ran on doing this.

I looked a bit and didn't find anything. But I may not have been looking in the right place...or hard enough.

I have noticed though, that even though someone runs on a certain platform, that many people are caught by surprise when it is actually followed through on. And the reality does not please as highly as the rhetoric. Obama would be an extreme example of this. :lol:

I am really rooting for Walker on this. It is long past due.