Dems missing from Wis. Capitol ahead of union vote

WestVirginiaRebel

A person can do the job they were elected to do......represent their contituency; or, they can abdicate their office & stall the business of the people. Yes or no, a vote after debate, would have been the morally responsible thing to do. It's basically what US Senate & Congressional Republicans had to do for two years of Obama. Show up, debate & record your vote. Pretty basic.......amd impossible for Democrats.

Heard Dingy Harry moaning about being held hostage, by House Republicans & had to laugh.......they have situational insanity.

shoutRheo

Hold

the

Presses! !

Zero

weighs

in.

He

shoots,

he

deflects.

Obama On Wisconsin Budget Protests: An Assault On Workers

Some of what I've heard coming out of Wisconsin, where you're just making it harder for public employees to collectively bargain generally seems like more of an assault on unions, President Obama said Wednesday to WTMJ TV And I think it's very important for us to understand that public employees, they're our neighbors, they're our friends.

:blink:

Jeffrey Dahmer was somebody's neighbor, too, from Milwaukee no less. And your point, sir?

shoutPepper!

There are a few things you shouldn't say, if Jeffrey Dahmer is your neighbor.......one of them is, "Eat me!"

He is good!

Thanks for posting shout Rheo!

Yes, he is. The unions should be worried! I'm getting teary-eyed.

Ha. I think the unions are going to have a difficult year, everywhere. People are sick of this crap.

He is good!

Thanks for posting shout Rheo!

Yes, he is. The unions should be worried! I'm getting teary-eyed.

Ha. I think the unions are going to have a difficult year, everywhere. People are sick of this crap.

Oh yeah, this is why they're busing in protesters. After Christie in NJ, if this cut goes through, everyone knows it will keep snowballing to other states. It would be a thing of beauty. This might be the last chance for the unions to stop the avalanche, which is why Zero is stepping up to the plate.

Oh yeah, this is why they're busing in protesters. After Christie in NJ, if this cut goes through, everyone knows it will keep snowballing to other states. It would be a thing of beauty. This might be the last chance for the unions to stop the avalanche, which is why Zero is stepping up to the plate.

One of the best results of the last election was gaining these governorships, in addition to the House. Here we come Senate!! Get on the bus and get out of town! :D

One of the best results of the last election was gaining these governorships, in addition to the House. Here we come Senate!! Get on the bus and get out of town! :D

Yep! I'm starting to think that the governorships are the most important victories. It's scaring (or inspiring) politicians at the federal level. Trickle down poverty doesn't work, so let's try a trickle up Republic.

Cheesehead Revolution?

(snip)

UPDATE: Jim Hoft reports at Gateway Pundit:

"The Rockford Tea Party just chased the Wisconsin democrats out of the Best Western. They just boarded their bus and are leaving the Best Western!"

UPDATE II: I’m sure Wisconsin voters will be glad to learn that Team Obama has helped organize the union goons in their state:

(snip)

"The Rockford Tea Party just chased the Wisconsin democrats out of the Best Western. They just boarded their bus and are leaving the Best Western!"

:lol:

snip

One protestor had sign that read, “I am not replaceable. I am professional.” Really? Do professionals disrupt the learning process to engage in silly political theatrics? Do professionals use students as political pawns to help secure hefty retirement and benefit packages for themselves?

Perhaps the teacher unions would have more credibility if taxpayers ever saw the unions’ expend this much passion and energy over the drop-out rate and the travesty of seeing high school graduates who cannot read their diplomas. Remember teachers, actions still speak louder than words.

Now that the unions are fighting for their very existence, they are open to discussing education reforms and spending concessions. But the unions should have cooperated long ago, before states such as Wisconsin started careening toward insolvency.

The unions and the other special interest groups are reaping what they have sown. They’ve called the shots for so long, that they’ve made harsh budget decisions a necessity. But instead of seeking constructive solutions, they are back to spewing anger, hate and vitriol.

Soon, that may be all that remains of the American left.

Left Re-embraces Hate and Vitriol in Wisconsin

Big Government

:lol:

I want to see them on an overpass with a sign that says, will work for food.

Ha...right, like they do that now. :lol:

One of the runaway Dem senators said she was "doing the people's business." Bull. If they want to do the people's business they should get back to work, DEBATE THE ISSUE, and VOTE.

One of the runaway Dem senators said she was "doing the people's business." Bull. If they want to do the people's business they should get back to work, DEBATE THE ISSUE, and VOTE.

Amen!

They are doing the union's business and saying anything other than that is BS!

OK-in addition to Paul Ryan being my congressman-Scott Walker grew up in my county-just sayin :P

I also want to add that the Democrats have had control of the statehouse for decades and the Republicans have had to struggle and take their sh** for all of that time, when the shoe is on the other foot they can't take it. :angry: Grow up you imbeciles !!!

Public employee unions are basically legalized criminal enterprises defrauding the taxpayers.

They should be outlawed. I sure hope that the Wisconsin GOP sticks to their guns and get some steel in their spines.

The 'protesters' in this case are nothing but left-wing fascists who want to repeal the results of last year's elections through intimidation.

shoutRheo

That's what many of these educators fail to realize. They are replaceable. Either by parents using online teachers or tutors at half the going price, or home schooling, private schools, secular and religious, software, or some combination.

Take a look at this place, 1600 videos, mostly math, all created by one individual, Salman Khan.

The Khan Academy

Here is a sample video showing his teaching style

Algebra: Linear Equations 4 : Solving linear equations with variable expressions in the denominators of fraction

A school district could replace any average math teacher in K-12 with a teaching assistant and a LCD display and some laptops.

And it's FREE Pass it on. He's also on iTunes University under Khan Academy

FAQ about KHAN Academy

snip

One protestor had sign that read, “I am not replaceable. I am professional.” Really? Do professionals disrupt the learning process to engage in silly political theatrics? Do professionals use students as political pawns to help secure hefty retirement and benefit packages for themselves?

snip

Left Re-embraces Hate and Vitriol in Wisconsin

Big Government

I've been wondering why they had to have an opposition party person there for the vote. That is not it. They have to have 20 members to start the vote and only have 19.

Power Line: The whole world is watching

Scott Johnson

2/18/11

As the unions staged their productions in Madison this week, seeking to get the governor and supportive legislators in line, many of us turned to Patrick McIlheran's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel column to understand what was happening. I also called Pat to ask him how to follow events in Madison. He took my call on a busy day and patiently made several recommendations. I caught him on a busy day and I'm sure that left out a few observers whom he would have included on further reflection. In any event, here are his recommendations, in no particular order.

(Snip)

Many links and an interview with Go. Walker for last night.