Election Day Live Thread

Rheo

I was so busy reading other states I did not realize until a friend emailed from TX that a conservative woman named Ellmers edged out Dem Etheridge. WAHOOO!! AND for the first time in a CENTURY the GOP has the NC House.

Righteousmomma! Renee Ellmers?

YES!!

Righteousmomma! Wahooo X 2! Etheridge was a snake. Congrats on the Century mark for North Carolina! Wish the same could have happened here, but Colorado has been Californicated. Markey is losing, which is good. We will remain a sanctuary city with Hickenlooper.........and I wonder how many illegals were signed up by Hickenloopers secret squads.

Sandy's race...36/44

Becky Schmitz Democratic Party 7111 45.34%

Sandra Greiner Republican Party 7685 49.01%

Douglas William Philips Iowa Party 872 5.56%

Write-in Non-Partisan 14 0.09%

Which, by the way, is not to rain on anyone elses parade. It's been a GREAT night. :D

It's WA...tough elections to win for the Republican's. Now...won't always be that way.

if it is...Texas wants you. :D

Sandy's race...36/44

Becky Schmitz Democratic Party 7111 45.34%

Sandra Greiner Republican Party 7685 49.01%

Douglas William Philips Iowa Party 872 5.56%

Write-in Non-Partisan 14 0.09%

Thanks Rheo, that makes me feel so better :D

righteousmomma

Sr Woodchuck --still so close:

Raleigh, N.C. — Seven-term Democratic Congressman Bob Etheridge appeared late Tuesday to lose his re-election bid, becoming the lone casualty among North Carolina's congressional delegation in a pivotal election nationwide.

Renee Ellmers, a Harnett County nurse who was given little chance of victory a few months ago, rode a wave of voter discontent and the fallout of an online video depicting Etheridge confronting a man on a Washington, D.C., sidewalk to edge by him in the Second District race.

With 99 percent of precincts reporting, Ellmers had about an 2,100-vote lead over Etheridge, according to unofficial results. It was unclear whether the margin would end up close enough for Etheridge to request a recount.

"For all the naysayers on both sides of the aisle, it feels really good to stand up here (and claim victory)," Ellmers told cheering supporters at her campaign headquarters in Dunn.

Etheridge, however, wasn't ready to concede defeat.

You are right on about your opinion of

Etheridge.

I guess I should be correct and say the NC General Assembly is GOP for the FIRST Time in over a 100 years. CANNOT believe it.

Which, by the way, is not to rain on anyone elses parade. It's been a GREAT night. :D

It's WA...tough elections to win for the Republican's. Now...won't always be that way.

if it is...Texas wants you. :D

Ha! That is why I stay on the east side most of the time. For the record, Cowlitz county population is 92,948 so the difference is not completely overcomable.

The only bright light for Washington state right now is that I-1098 instituting state income tax was defeated, per The Seattle Times.

WestVirginiaRebel

Boehner overcome with emotion & can barely speak. Welcome Mr. Speaker!

He has been a great cat hearder so far and I have liked him...may he continue to do well.

Herding cats ain't easy:

;)

The only bright light for Washington state right now is that I-1098 instituting state income tax was defeated, per The Seattle Times.

And we repealed the nutty candy tax.

We may like spending other people's money in this state...but we HATE them taking ours. :lol:

Fox calls the Hawaii Senate race for Democrat Dan Inouye.

No surprise @ all. Inouye will have that seat until he dies. It is almost impossible to run against a WWII Medal of Honor recipient who lost an arm.

Oh good. Is that what Sylvia was telling me about...regarding state income tax for those earning.....

Sandy 41/44

Becky Schmitz Democratic Party 9307 43.9%

Sandra Greiner Republican Party 10817 51.03%

Douglas William Philips Iowa Party 1060 5.0%

Write-in Non-Partisan 15 0.07%

woohoo!

righteousmomma

This is SOOO COOOL . Kirk is still a good ways ahead of Giannoulias for winning Obama's Senate seat --unless some mysterious votes show up suddenly. YAHOO!!

righteousmomma

Sandy 41/44

woohoo!

Has she been declared the winner yet?

Sandy 41/44

woohoo!

Double woohoo!

I don't see on WA results in % in. So far there are only 1.3M votes in, but 2 years ago there were 3M votes...

If it helps...

Oh...and since it is this close it will take days for the last ballots to trickle in.

Looks like the Senate is going to be at best 50-50, and at worst 54-46.

This tosses the two "independents" in with the Dems.

I heard somewhere that Liberman has been considering caucusing with the GOP. That would be interesting.

Oh good. Is that what Sylvia was telling me about...regarding state income tax for those earning.....

Yes, that's the one Sylvia was worried about. We could all see that once "they" got their foot in the door--like they have been trying to do for years and years--they would just have everyone paying state income tax within two years.