Coffee Shop

Rheo

gallery_3_6_6541.jpg

Join us daily to chat about news and the candidates, post snippets, video's, what you heard on tv or at the grocery store.

This is a no host thread so wash your cups when you are done and have a great day. wink.gif

Previous Thread

Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks

MARCH 26--The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late son’s name, records show.

Sybrina Fulton is seeking marks for the phrases “I Am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon,” according to filings made last week with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In both instances, Fulton, 46, is seeking the trademarks for use on “Digital materials, namely, CDs and DVDs featuring Trayvon Martin,” and other products.

Scissors-32x32.png

SCHOOL CONTRACTOR FIRED FOR PRO-WALKER BUMPER STICKER

An open records request filed by Milwaukee conservative radio personality Mark Belling has revealed that freedom of speech in some public schools is reserved for those who agree with the unions.

According to information obtained by Belling, a custodian working for a private contractor at Whitewater (Wisconsin) High School was recently fired by her employer after two school employees, including the supervisor of custodians, demanded that she remove a pro-Scott Walker sign from her car and she refused.

If you recall, Big Labor is attempting to recall Gov. Walker over his new law that curtails collective bargaining privileges for public employee unions.

Mary Taylor, an employee with Diversified Building Maintenance, was allegedly sent home after school employees complained to her supervisor about the pro-Walker sign in her car, which was parked in the school parking lot.

Belling said district administrator Eric Runez initially claimed that no one from the school directed Taylor’s employer to have her remove the sign, but Belling’s public information request turned up a conflicting account of how the situation played out.

“… [M]y public records search indicates the custodian supervisor at the school,Cindy Wiedenhoeft, wrote in a memo she acknowledged discussing the sign with a Diversified supervisor and the two agreed to order Mary to remove it,” Belling wrote in an email to EAG.

In a separate memo obtained by Belling, Diversified Manager Joan Dedolphconfirmed that school employees demanded that the pro-Walker sign be removed. The good news is that Diversified eventually reinstated Taylor and reassigned her to another school district. The bad news is that she had to be reassigned just because she chose to exercise her freedom of expression.

A quick drive through any Wisconsin school parking lot will reveal dozens of “recall Walker” bumper stickers. Nobody is demanding that the owners of those vehicles lose their jobs.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart...-bumper-sticker

logicnreason

A quick drive through any Madison or Milwaukee State owned parking lots (like the one behind the State Office Bldg - HQ of the DOT - at 4802 Sheboygan Ave, Madison) will reveal the same thing. BTW: the parking lot is easy to access and unrestricted (no gates). Come see!

It is a "do as I say, not as I do" world if you're a liberal. It surely is.

Registered Dem Killed Trayvon

The individual at the center of the controversial Trayvon Martin shooting is a registered Democrat.

George Michael Zimmerman, born Oct. 5, 1983, registered as a Democrat in Seminole County, Fla., in August 2002, according to state voter registration documents.

It is unclear whether he voted for President Barack Obama in 2008.

Scissors-32x32.png

Craig Sonner, the attorney representing Zimmerman, has denied such allegations, noting that his client has acted as a mentor to a black single mother and her two children, and had helped them raise money for their all-black church.

Scissors-32x32.png

Black Panther leader offering reward for capture of Trayvon Martin shooter arrested on charges he's felon who had a firearm

A New Black Panther Party leader who announced a $10,000 reward for the capture of the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Florida teen Trayvon Martin was arrested Monday outside Atlanta for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, DeKalb County Sheriff’s office said.

Scissors-32x32.png

SrWoodchuck

Black Panther leader offering reward for capture of Trayvon Martin shooter arrested on charges he's felon who had a firearm

A New Black Panther Party leader who announced a $10,000 reward for the capture of the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Florida teen Trayvon Martin was arrested Monday outside Atlanta for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, DeKalb County Sheriff’s office said.

Scissors-32x32.png

new-black-pampers-i2016.jpg

• Like 1

clearvision
A JetBlue flight from New York to Las Vegas made an emergency landing in Texas on Tuesday after the captain reportedly was behaving erratically.

According to ABC News, the pilot went to the bathroom and came out behaving erratically, reportedly foaming at the mouth and ranting about a bomb on board.

He was subdued by passengers and an NYPD sergeant. Another pilot helped land the plane safely in Amarillo, Texas.

JetBlue said on its website that the plane landed due to "a medical situation involving the captain," and noted that all the passengers on board were safe. The pilot was taken to a hospital.

WestVirginiaRebel

Toobin: Obama healthcare reform law 'in grave, grave trouble'

Jeffrey Toobin, a lawyer and legal analyst, who writes about legal topics for The New Yorker said the law looked to be in "trouble." He called it a "trainwreck for the Obama administration."

"This law looks like it's going to be struck down. I'm telling you, all of the predictions, including mine, that the justices would not have a problem with this law were wrong," Toobin said Tuesday on CNN. "I think this law is in grave, grave trouble."

Toobin's observation came on the second day of oral arguments at the Supreme Court over the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act.

WestVirginiaRebel

Jane Fonda to play Nancy Reagan in 'Butler'

In the midst of recruiting an all-star ensemble for his long-gestating passion project "The Butler," director Lee Daniels has tapped Jane Fonda to play Nancy Reagan.

Based on a Washington Post report by Wil Haygood, pic follows Eugene Allen, the White House butler whose career started with Harry Truman in 1952 and ended in 1986 with Ronald Reagan.

Forest Whitaker is closing a deal to play Allen, while Oprah Winfrey remains in talks to play his wife. David Oyelowo is in negotiations to play Allen's son, while Liam Neeson and John Cusack are circling presidential supporting roles as Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard Nixon, respectively. Fonda will appear in a handful of scenes as the first lady of the United States.

SrWoodchuck

Absolutely riotous new Planned Parenthood Twitter Hash-tag campaign, for Obama [#ObamaCaresAboutMe]....go here for the latest in sublime mockery......by conservatives.......of Oblunder sycophancy:

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23ObamaCaresAboutMe

Samples:

Kendal Black ‏ @KendalBlack

#ObamaCaresAboutMe He doesn't want to worry me before the election with whatever arms deal he's cooking up with the Russians.

proteinwisdom ‏ @proteinwisdom

#ObamaCaresAboutMe. Of course, I once had a camp counselor who said he cared about me, then he tried to grab my junk in the pool house. So.

Stephen Gutowski ‏ @collegepolitico

#TransmittedToVladimir the fact that #ObamaCaresAboutMe

Jedediah Bila ‏ @JedediahBila

#Obamacaresaboutme SO much that he wants a team of bureaucrats to make my health care decisions for me. #rationthis

Jane Fonda to play Nancy Reagan in 'Butler'

In the midst of recruiting an all-star ensemble for his long-gestating passion project "The Butler," director Lee Daniels has tapped Jane Fonda to play Nancy Reagan.

Based on a Washington Post report by Wil Haygood, pic follows Eugene Allen, the White House butler whose career started with Harry Truman in 1952 and ended in 1986 with Ronald Reagan.

Forest Whitaker is closing a deal to play Allen, while Oprah Winfrey remains in talks to play his wife. David Oyelowo is in negotiations to play Allen's son, while Liam Neeson and John Cusack are circling presidential supporting roles as Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard Nixon, respectively. Fonda will appear in a handful of scenes as the first lady of the United States.

If Hanoi Jane is in it, I'll not give them my money to watch it.

• Like 1

logicnreason

Would have to agree with you on that one.

JF indeed!!!??? And attempting as a pee-pee poor "actress" to play Nancy Reagan of all people!!

Kind of like having Tim Robbins play Mr. Reagan.

Hollyweird just never stops churning out crap.

clearvision
President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign announced and subsequently canceled a sale of collegiate hooded sweatshirts after eliciting the ire of many conservatives, including radio commentator Rush Limbaugh, reports Yahoo News.

SrWoodchuck
President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign announced and subsequently canceled a sale of collegiate hooded sweatshirts after eliciting the ire of many conservatives, including radio commentator Rush Limbaugh, reports Yahoo News.

From a comment on another site:

What will Obama2012 come up with next, "Trayvon Memorial Skittles?"

If so, they may have trouble with Trayvon's mom, who has copyrighted his name.....can't let all those bucks get away, huh?

From a comment on another site:

What will Obama2012 come up with next, "Trayvon Memorial Skittles?"

If so, they may have trouble with Trayvon's mom, who has copyrighted his name.....can't let all those bucks get away, huh?

Don't give them any idea!!!

logicnreason

Paul Ryan: You're Either Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution

I don't believe Mr. Ryan was the first to utter that statement, but it certainly defines his attitude.

I wonder if one can't be - at one and the same time - part of the problem and solution???

In my opinion, I was always part of the solution.....my then spouse has a vastly different view of things!

So to with conservatives and liberals.....and mulims and christians....etc., etc., etc.,....

• Like 1

Draggingtree

http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-17495375

BBC News

Brazil police hunt 'blonde kidnap gang' in Sao Paulo

Brazilian police say they are hunting a gang of mostly blonde young women who have committed a series of kidnaps and robberies in Sao Paulo.

The criminals have been targeting wealthy women in shopping centres, Sao Paulo's anti-kidnap police unit says.

The victims are followed to their cars, where they are robbed and held captive at gunpoint while the gang uses their credit cards to make luxury purchases.

Police said the "blonde gang" consisted of young, educated, middle-class women. Scissors-32x32.png

The police have identified six suspects mostly blonde young women Scissors-32x32.pngohmy.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-17495375

BBC News

Brazil police hunt 'blonde kidnap gang' in Sao Paulo

Brazilian police say they are hunting a gang of mostly blonde young women who have committed a series of kidnaps and robberies in Sao Paulo.

The criminals have been targeting wealthy women in shopping centres, Sao Paulo's anti-kidnap police unit says.

The victims are followed to their cars, where they are robbed and held captive at gunpoint while the gang uses their credit cards to make luxury purchases.

Police said the "blonde gang" consisted of young, educated, middle-class women. Scissors-32x32.png

The police have identified six suspects mostly blonde young women Scissors-32x32.pngohmy.png

I call profilingtongue.png