Coffee Shop

Rheo

Thousands of naked bicyclists stage festive Portland protest ride

Shelby Sebens

Sun Jun 8, 2014

(Reuters) - Thousands of bicyclists, many of them stark naked, poured into the streets of Portland, Oregon on Saturday night for the 11th annual World Naked Bike Ride, a protest that promotes bike riding as an alternative to driving cars.

Nude cyclists with lights flashing in their tire spokes rang bells as they barreled down avenues lined with cheering spectators, while a naked, apparently pregnant woman rode in a bike trailer.

"This is a party, but it's also a protest," said Carl Larson, a ride spokesman. "It is about oil dependence, cycling vulnerability and body" image.

(Snip)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Edith-Sitwell-Stupidity-Quotes.jpg

• Like 1

But the naked bike riders are impressive in one aspect in that they covered several issues in one protest. blink.png

clearvision

But the naked bike riders are impressive in one aspect in that they covered several issues in one protest. blink.png

transport-bikeshare.png

No thanks...

clearvision

Stupid Headline (my emphasis on words)

Jet Blue's Southwest Airlines Collision Is Just The Latest Near-Miss in Air Travel in 2014

Much ado about nothing for bicycles and airplanes. I mean, you really think it is real news that PORTLAND would host a nude bike ride to try and get more people to use bicycles? Portland, Portland, Portland!

And a media article trying to stir up something, anything, is surprising to you? MrPolly used to write headlines and it has always been one of his favorite hobbies to collect stupid headlines. Stupid headlines are just all too common, so now that he works for an unemployment agency he has started collecting, um, unique names. blink.png

The Sissification of America Continues Apace

John Hinderaker

June 9, 2014

There is plenty of serious news today, but what is burning up Twitter? This:

(Snip)

580x473xscreen-shot-2014-06-09-at-11.01.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do the Words NO (bleeeeping) WAY!! Ring a bell?

SrWoodchuck

Along with Communist Core we now have this......from Excretary of the Department of Education, Arne Duncan [Hyde Park & Harvard]:

Grade School Children Brainwashed to Celebrate Sexual Perversion in Oakland Public School http://moonbattery.com/?p=46808

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr7Bb9QxIs4&feature=player_embedded

The establishment media is complicit in the “fundamental transformation” of America, so we can hardly expect it to be forthcoming regarding what that transformation entails. That’s why sites like this one are grateful for first-hand reports on situations unlikely to be exposed on the evening news. This email from a concerned parent is a prime example:

I am a parent in Oakland, California and I have a kindergartner in public school. My child came home [Thursday] and told me about the MANDATORY assembly for gay “pride” month. Parents had NO idea this was going to happen and I’m totally blindsided by it.

There is a video on the school’s website showing the assembly… It was nothing more than homosexual indoctrination about the meaning of the rainbow flag and “queer” history. On stage was the rainbow flag but NO American flag. And then a “gay men’s chorus” sang songs about homosexual “freedom.”

This is an elementary school and children as young as 5 were present. Like I said, parents were NOT informed in advance. My child brought home a bookmark with the rainbow flag on it and a quote from radical lesbian poet activist, Audre Lorde, whose work includes a book called “Uses of the Erotic.” This is for Elementary School! …

Scissors-32x32.png

They close the post with this from Adolf Hitler:

When an opponent declares, “I will not come over to your side,” I calmly say, “Your child belongs to us already… What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.”

MoonBattery via WeaselZippers

@Pepper

NO ONE will take that seriously. Even the strongest base for her. What a load of crap.

I am reporting you to fishywhitehouse and fishycankles

pollyannaish

Can someone please explain to me what on earth is going on with all these kids coming into the country?!

It is horrific! This is a recipe for disaster for our country and these poor kids.

Can someone please explain to me what on earth is going on with all these kids coming into the country?!

It is horrific! This is a recipe for disaster for our country and these poor kids.

I have a close friend in Tucson and called her yesterday to see what she knew. Apparently the rumor going around Central America is that we can't/won't send back children. Plus we can't just shove them back over the border because they aren't coming from Mexico.

Brit Hume had an interesting comment about this today on Brett Baier's show. @Valin?

I have a close friend in Tucson and called her yesterday to see what she knew. Apparently the rumor going around Central America is that we can't/won't send back children. Plus we can't just shove them back over the border because they aren't coming from Mexico.

Brit Hume had an interesting comment about this today on Brett Baier's show. @Valin?

I wasn't able to find it. It may be posted later.

pollyannaish

What's amazing to me is how few people I run into even know about this. And if they have, why it's a big deal.

I think we've grown so calloused to bad news we almost don't have any empathy left for victims. These are kids being used as pawns to get into the country. It is invasion by another name. If these were kids with bombs strapped to their chest, there would be am outcry. But they DO have a bomb strapped to their chest in the form of disease and hunger and potentially violence. It breaks my heart!

Do good liberals are so irritating! Being a "welcoming country" sounds so great on the surface. But anyone who has ever seen an "everybody come!" party knows how quickly things devolve.

• Like 1

What's amazing to me is how few people I run into even know about this. And if they have, why it's a big deal.

I think we've grown so calloused to bad news we almost don't have any empathy left for victims. These are kids being used as pawns to get into the country. It is invasion by another name. If these were kids with bombs strapped to their chest, there would be am outcry. But they DO have a bomb strapped to their chest in the form of disease and hunger and potentially violence. It breaks my heart!

Do good liberals are so irritating! Being a "welcoming country" sounds so great on the surface. But anyone who has ever seen an "everybody come!" party knows how quickly things devolve.

Well Said!