Coffee Shop

Rheo

Day 4 and counting... Actor Hoffman died. Still Top headlines everywhere!

This was sad and I was sorry to hear when it happened, but I did not even recognize the name.... I choose to live in a hole concerning celebreties and their goings on.

I fully expect to see the Google page dedicated to him on February 2, 2015.

BTW... I'm tired of seeing comments all over the place telling us not to "judge" him.

Fortunately I don't have to judge... that is done by someone of a higher "pay grade" than myself.

However I have opinions just based on the facts that I am presented... and I covet my right to them.

All too often today the attempt to "not be judgemental" turns into an "accept everything" mindset and moral relativism.

Hey at least it knocked Justin Bieber out of being the top headline.

• Like 2

@NCTexan!

Day 4 and counting... Actor Hoffman died.

Day 4 and counting... Actor Hoffman......still dead. There. Corrected it for you.......OH, LOOK.......A SQUIRREL!

• Like 1

From Friends Of Ours....
NYPD Hypocrisy Behind Investigation Into Heroin Overdose By Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman

The NYPD "raided a Manhattan drug den Tuesday night and arrested suspected dealers who may have been the ones who sold heroin to actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, sources said" as reported by the New York Post.

See what the cops can do when they put their minds to it?

Of course, it's a shame that the NYPD didn't get the heroin off the streets before Hoffman overdosed, and if he weren't a famous corpse no doubt law enforcement and others couldn't have cared less about another junkie death. The public response to the Hoffman death just smacks -- pun intended -- of hypocrisy.

(Snip)

Day 4 and counting... Actor Hoffman died. Still Top headlines everywhere!

This was sad and I was sorry to hear when it happened, but I did not even recognize the name.... I choose to live in a hole concerning celebreties and their goings on.

I fully expect to see the Google page dedicated to him on February 2, 2015.

BTW... I'm tired of seeing comments all over the place telling us not to "judge" him.

Fortunately I don't have to judge... that is done by someone of a higher "pay grade" than myself.

However I have opinions just based on the facts that I am presented... and I covet my right to them.

All too often today the attempt to "not be judgemental" turns into an "accept everything" mindset and moral relativism.

For Now.

John "F"-ing Kerry visits Israel.....with a solution to him receiving an unwarranted Nobel Prize the Palestinian question:

Via WeaselZippers

• Like 1

I hate when that happens...

WRAL

Durham pulling hybrid engines from some buses

Durham, N.C. — Durham officials have found it's not easy being green.

The city decided this week to convert 10 of its hybrid vehicles – light transit vehicles, or LTVs, that transport people with disabilities – back to gas-fueled engines because of maintenance problems. City buses will continue to have hybrid engines.

The LTVs were added to Durham's fleet in 2011. The hybrid vehicles cost $112,000 each, compared with $65,000 for buses without hybrid engines, but officials figured they would save on fuel costs.

"It all comes from our desire to have the most fuel-efficient fleet that we can," said Tobin Freid, Durham's sustainability manager, who helped secure federal funds to buy the hybrids.

The savings never panned out, however, as repairs started piling up.

Scissors-32x32.png

Durham plans to spend $78,000 to convert the hybrid LTVs back to gas engines. Each vehicle will take about a week to be converted.

Scissors-32x32.png

I hate when that happens...

WRAL

Durham pulling hybrid engines from some buses

Durham, N.C. — Durham officials have found it's not easy being green.

The city decided this week to convert 10 of its hybrid vehicles – light transit vehicles, or LTVs, that transport people with disabilities – back to gas-fueled engines because of maintenance problems. City buses will continue to have hybrid engines.

The LTVs were added to Durham's fleet in 2011. The hybrid vehicles cost $112,000 each, compared with $65,000 for buses without hybrid engines, but officials figured they would save on fuel costs.

"It all comes from our desire to have the most fuel-efficient fleet that we can," said Tobin Freid, Durham's sustainability manager, who helped secure federal funds to buy the hybrids.

The savings never panned out, however, as repairs started piling up.

Scissors-32x32.png

Durham plans to spend $78,000 to convert the hybrid LTVs back to gas engines. Each vehicle will take about a week to be converted.

Scissors-32x32.png

I did a few quick googles and quite figure out if these are "hybrid" electric craps or "hybrid" natural gas engines. I was just researching a company that converts gas/diesel fleet vehicles to natural gas for a possible stock play. Not for "green" but because it is clear Natural gas is going to be cheaper than oil in the US for a long period.

Hope you enjoyed the brief respite @clearvision.

He's BACK!!!

CNN

Justin Bieber, dad ignored pilot's demand to put pot away

New York (CNN) -- Justin Bieber and his father allegedly refused a pilot's warning to stop smoking pot during a flight from Canada to New Jersey on Friday, according to a law enforcement source.

A law enforcement official gave details to CNN about what the flight crew on the chartered jet told federal officials after they ferried Bieber and his entourage from Canada to New Jersey's Teterboro Airport. The official asked not to be identified.

Marijuana smoke was so strong in the jet's cabin that flight crew members put on oxygen masks because they were concerned they might inhale so much it would cause them to test positive for drug use, said the source.

Scissors-32x32.png

Hope you enjoyed the brief respite @clearvision.

He's BACK!!!

CNN

Justin Bieber, dad ignored pilot's demand to put pot away

New York (CNN) -- Justin Bieber and his father allegedly refused a pilot's warning to stop smoking pot during a flight from Canada to New Jersey on Friday, according to a law enforcement source.

A law enforcement official gave details to CNN about what the flight crew on the chartered jet told federal officials after they ferried Bieber and his entourage from Canada to New Jersey's Teterboro Airport. The official asked not to be identified.

Marijuana smoke was so strong in the jet's cabin that flight crew members put on oxygen masks because they were concerned they might inhale so much it would cause them to test positive for drug use, said the source.

Scissors-32x32.png

http://youtu.be/K0bzdqbfo7Y

¡Ay, caramba!

Breitbart

CNN Cancels CNN Latino News Service

Despite that the single fastest-growing TV audience in the USA is made up of Spanish-speaking viewers,

CNN has shuttered CNN Latino, its Spanish-language news division.

The Spanish-based news product was launched to great fanfare only about a year ago, with CNN's first client being KBEH TV in Los Angeles.

Scissors-32x32.png

In a related move, CNN announced that it would continue to grow its Ebonics News Service for the minorities that matter.

U.S. diplomats' conversation on Ukraine posted on YouTube

Doina Chiacu and Arshad Mohammed

WASHINGTON Thu Feb 6, 2014

(Reuters) - A conversation between a State Department official and the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine posted on YouTube revealed a frank exchange on U.S. strategy for a political transition in that country, including a crude swipe at the European Union.

In the audio posted on Tuesday, Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland told U.S. Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt she doesn't think Vitaly Klitschko, the boxer-turned-politician who is a main opposition leader, should be in a new government.

"So I don't think Klitsch (Klitschko) should go into the government," she said in the recording, which appeared to describe events that occurred in late January. "I don't think it's necessary. I don't think it's a good idea."

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________

F Bomb Alert

Smoking Ban Diminishes On-Campus Diversity
Simon Shieh

I smoked my first cigarette when I was 18 years old living in a remote mountain village in southern China. I was offered one almost every day and finally tried it out of curiosity. It made me nauseous and I didn’t smoke again. The people who lived in the village either didn’t know, chose to ignore, or had simply forgot that smoking is bad for your health. However, it held no connotations and nearly everyone did it.

San Diego State’s recent move toward a smoke-free campus limits diversity in our community, restricts what some consider a social event and a coping mechanism and projects a misrepresented image of our student body.

(Snip)

“When Worlds Collide”.

smile.png

The president said he chose not to attend the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, in part because he didn’t want to distract from the competition, he said in an interview airing Thursday.

Politico

That's just like my humble guy Barry... never the one to put the spotlight on himself and and always thinking of others.

obama-arrogant-1.jpg

The president said he chose not to attend the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, in part because he didn’t want to distract from the competition, he said in an interview airing Thursday.

Politico

That's just like my humble guy Barry... never the one to put the spotlight on himself and and always thinking of others.

obama-arrogant-1.jpg

That's also why he doesn't go to church. He says.

The Next Generation
2/7/14

Behold the next generation of “progressive” women.

And be afraid for our society. Be very afraid.

“I go to a women’s college so that I’m part of an inclusive and supportive community, not one that supports male artists and statues of naked men instead of women,” wrote student Raeesah Kabir on the Davis Museum Facebook page.

"Inclusive." You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

• Like 1

@nickydog

He sure does not have a problem soaking attention from events like a basketball games, etc,

As for the Winter Olympics... maybe he just can't identify with this particular flavor of athletes.

Was8163429.jpg

Obama and Family Watch a Basketball Game in Hawaii

@nickydog

He sure does not have a problem soaking attention from events like a basketball games, etc,

As for the Winter Olympics... maybe he just can't identify with this particular flavor of athletes.

Was8163429.jpg

Obama and Family Watch a Basketball Game in Hawaii

Was his hair than gray Sunday night with Bill O?

Talk about a classic CNN job of attempting to perfume the pig.

CNN

CNN: The Most Trusted Name in Spin

CNN: The Best Politial Team that the White House Can Buy

The U.S. economy added 113,000 jobs last month, according to the government. That's an improvement from December, but was far weaker than hoped. Economists had been expecting an addition of 178,000 jobs.

They called the report "disappointing" and "weak," but characterized broader economic growth as "steady-as-she-goes."

"The U.S. economy is very stable," said Julia Coronado, chief economist, North America for BNP Paribas. "2014 might not be a breakout year, but it's not a disaster either."

Many economists had also been hoping that December's weak job gains would be revised much higher, as many experts were quick to write off the December report as a fluke. The number was revised higher, but only by 1,000 jobs to 75,000.
Scissors-32x32.png

Common Core {Math} lessons says Abraham Lincoln was a liberal.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/02/07/common-core-lesson-lists-abraham-lincoln-liberal

Video @ Link above.

Common research says that he was a regular Bible reader & was taken to services by his father, a Regular Baptist, and he attended Presbyterian services as President, but claimed no religion.

See info at this link: http://www.god-and-country.info/ALincoln.html

The Angry Left http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/the-angry-left/

The American left has never had it this good with two terms of an uncompromising leftist in the White House dedicated to its agenda, making and unmaking laws at a whim, siccing the IRS and federal prosecutors on his political enemies and transforming the country at a breathtaking pace.

Obama is what generations of the left have worked toward. This is the flicker of hope they kept alive throughout the Nixon years, Carter’s collapse and the long stretch of Reaganomics. This is what Bill Clinton robbed them of by gauging his actions against the polls instead of blasting full steam ahead regardless of what the public wanted.

So why is the left so angry?

Watch MSNBC or browse any left-wing site and you see a level of anger that would make you think that Al Gore had just conceded or Nixon had just won reelection. There’s more anger in the privileged circles of the left than in the political rearguard of the Tea Party.

That anger trickles from the top down. Obama’s interview with Bill O’Reilly was yet another opportunity for the most powerful man in the country to blame a vast right-wing conspiracy. A day doesn’t pass without another email from Obama, his wife, Sandra Fluke or Joe Biden warning that without another five or ten dollar contribution, the “right” will take over America.

The left has unchallenged control over the government, academia and the entertainment industry and yet it talks as if the country is 5 seconds away from Sarah Palin marching into Washington, D.C. at the head of an army of Duck Dynasty fans to outlaw abortion.

The apocalyptic political paranoia and the uncontrolled outbursts of rage haven’t changed much since 2003. Ten years later, the ideologues in power still act as if George W. Bush is serving out his fourth term. Every day on MSNBC, a stew of conspiracy theories about oil companies, Israel, the Koch Brothers, Wal-Mart and Karl Rove leaves a slimy trail across the television screen.

On the Internet, manufactured outrage has become the only progressive stock in trade. Did Jerry Seinfeld say that he values humor over racial quotas? He’s a racist. Did an ESPN magazine out a compulsive liar who also happened to be pretending to be a woman? Lock him up. Did Mike Huckabee say something that could be misinterpreted with enough ellipses and out of context “Twitterized” quotes? Before you know it, he’s a sexist pig.

It says something deeply disturbing about a progressive readership that eats up hate and doesn’t react to anything positive. The rash of fake hate crimes feeds into that same perverse need for an enemy to hate and fight. The left used to pretend that it wanted to do something positive, but now that it has the power, it can’t stop searching for someone to hate instead.

Scissors-32x32.png

The left’s sense of self is strongest when it is attacking, not when it is inspiring, when it is destroying, not when it is building.

Deprived of an external enemy, its ideologues carve out narrow orthodoxies and denounce each other for violating them. When the right and the center have been purged, the purges of the left begin and don’t end until there is nothing left except one tyrant-guru and his terrified minions.

Scissors-32x32.png

FrontPageMagazine via iOTW