Coffee Shop

Rheo

SrWoodchuck

Obamastan

http://melaniephillips.com/obamastan

Fort Hood, Benghazi, the Boston bombings, Iran/Syria, Israel. The pattern is unmistakeable; the danger to America is exponentially increasing; the scandal is deepening into something nearer to a national crisis.

The Obama administration is playing down the Islamist threat to the US and the free world, empowering Islamists at home and abroad, endangering America and betraying its allies -- and covering up its egregious failure to protect the homeland as a result of all the above, while instead blaming America for its own victimisation.

What is coming out in the Benghazi hearings would be jaw-dropping if it had not been apparent from the get-go that the administration failed to protect its own people in the beseiged American mission where Ambassador Chris Stevens and three of his staff were murdered in 2012, then lied about the fact that this was an Islamist attack, and then covered up both its failure and its lie. (Apparent, that is, to some -- but not to the American media, most of which gave the Obama administration a free pass on the scandal in order to ensure the smooth re-election of The One).

But the administration has form on this -- serious, continuing form. After the Fort Hood massacre in 2009, in which an Army psychiatrist Major Nidal Hasan shot and killed 13 people at Fort Hood, Texas shouting ‘Allahu akhbar’, not only was it revealed that his radicalisation and extremist links had been ignored but the Department of Defense and federal law enforcement agencies classified the shootings merely as an act of ‘workplace violence’.

Weeks after the Boston marathon terrorist atrocity, there is still no explanation of why the FBI did not act against the Tsarnaev brothers, despite having had one of them on their books as a dangerous Islamic radical after a warning from Russian intelligence; and why, as the House Homeland Security Committee heard yesterday, the FBI didn’t pass on their suspicions about the brothers to the Boston police.

Scissors-32x32.png

....the brothers were described by Philip Mudd, the former Deputy Director of National Security at the FBI and the former Deputy Director of the Counterterrorist Centre for the CIA, as merely ‘angry kids’. Mudd told Charlie Rose:

‘They may be disenfranchised. They may have had a bad experience at school. They may not have friends, and they say, “Look, we want to do something.” This tactic of terrorism is a tactic of the 21st century.I don’t necessarily think these are real jihadi terrorists. I think they’re angry kids.’

You really do have to pinch yourself. How in heaven’s name can a guy like Mudd, with his background in so-called intelligence, possibly come up with anything quite so stupendously shallow? It is precisely such angry, isolated, disturbed kids who are vulnerable to Islamist preachers who target, groom and manipulate them -- whether in person or through the internet -- to believe that ‘Islam is the answer’ and that they are its soldiers engaged in holy war against the unbelievers.

Scissors-32x32.png

The Benghazi attack was not just appalling in itself; nor was there merely almost certainly a catastrophic failure by the Obama administration to protect its people, and then a mighty cover-up of that failure. Benghazi also serves as a symbol of America’s tragic abandonment, under the Obama administration, of its historic mission to protect life and liberty both in its own homeland and in the free world.

Welcome to Obamastan.

• Like 1

The Week In Pictures

Steven Hayward

“People Died, Obama Lied.” ”That is the best summary of what has happened since September 11, 2012,” according to Breitbart.com. Yup, we definitely need this bumper sticker, ASAP. The only one I’ve seen so far reverses this order, to match the Bush meme better, but it will do for now. And do I even need to comment on the media’s performance on this story?

501x147xObama-Lied-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qs0AjTaK0r.jpg

(Snip)

464x358xObamaBenghazi-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.hypiEW4qfe.jpg

(Snip)

390x600xCosmarxpolitan-copy-390x600.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Ski0oflOe9.jpg

(Snip)

478x372xBurning-Truck-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yh0M3WVzNY.jpg

(Snip)

399x461xPETA-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.aV6WFK70fY.jpg

(Snip)

485x280xDevo-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4FDOlqC6uy.jpg

(Snip)

• Like 1

Obama: $1 trillion in Obamacare spending is historic 'tax cut'

As part of a Mothers’ Day weekend defense of his signature legislative accomplishment, President Obama claimed that the law represented the “largest health care tax cut for working families and small businesses in our history. “

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-1-trillion-in-obamacare-spending-is-historic-tax-cut/article/2529406

Obama: $1 trillion in Obamacare spending is historic 'tax cut'

As part of a Mothers’ Day weekend defense of his signature legislative accomplishment, President Obama claimed that the law represented the “largest health care tax cut for working families and small businesses in our history. “

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-1-trillion-in-obamacare-spending-is-historic-tax-cut/article/2529406

Memo to people who buy into this....

thumb-dumbass.jpg

Would it be possible for those of us on the Right to STOP using the I word? Because all we are doing is providing the Left with ammo to make us look...well Silly....over something that is not going to happen.

Yes Yes I know the Left said Bush should be impeached and tried as a war criminal, but just because they choose to look and sound like idiot, that is no reason we should do the same.

\rant.

• Like 1

Would it be possible for those of us on the Right to STOP using the I word? Because all we are doing is providing the Left with ammo to make us look...well Silly....over something that is not going to happen.

Yes Yes I know the Left said Bush should be impeached and tried as a war criminal, but just because they choose to look and sound like idiot, that is no reason we should do the same.

\rant.

True, it is silly. And embarrassing.

\rant.

True, it is silly. And embarrassing.

To much emotion not enough thinking.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

\rant.

While I would like nothing.....absolutely nothing.....better than an Obama impeachment......it can't happen until after 2015. He could quite easily be impeached in the House of Representatives...[for a number of things]......and he would then prevail in the Senate by 22 votes at least....not counting McRino & Gramnesty. We need to focus on regaining the Senate & keeping the House & making his Lame Duck years.....Cold & Lame Duck years.

\rant.

While I would like nothing.....absolutely nothing.....better than an Obama impeachment......it can't happen until after 2015. He could quite easily be impeached in the House of Representatives...[for a number of things]......and he would then prevail in the Senate by 22 votes at least....not counting McRino & Gramnesty. We need to focus on regaining the Senate & keeping the House & making his Lame Duck years.....Cold & Lame Duck years.

In other words Ain't Gonna Happen.

saveliberty

This is inspiring.

Sermon 644 : Participation in God's Way of Being : Ascension of the Lord

5/12/2013

Please click the play button above to listen now.

Fr. Barron clarifies the Church's belief in Christ's Ascension as heralding our elevation into God's way of being. Rather than forgetting about the world, this eschatological hope properly orientates us to the concerns of the world.

Download MP3 File (Right-Click, Save Link As…) | readings | podcast

Listen to Father Barron weekly on Relevant Radio

righteousmomma

Fascinating, Save. Thanks for posting as I shall pass the news about the boy genius on to others.

He is very blessed to have his mom.

• Like 1

clearvision

U.N.: Eating insects is good for you and world

The latest weapon in the U.N.'s fight against hunger, global warming and pollution might be flying by you right now.

Edible insects are being promoted as a low-fat, high-protein food for people, pets and livestock. According to the U.N., they come with appetizing side benefits: Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and livestock pollution, creating jobs in developing countries and feeding the millions of hungry people in the world.

U.N.: Eating insects is good for you and world

The latest weapon in the U.N.'s fight against hunger, global warming and pollution might be flying by you right now.

Edible insects are being promoted as a low-fat, high-protein food for people, pets and livestock. According to the U.N., they come with appetizing side benefits: Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and livestock pollution, creating jobs in developing countries and feeding the millions of hungry people in the world.

So what is buggin' you? You are what you eat. Wasp for dinner?

• Like 1