Coffee Shop

Rheo

State Department Warns Americans Not to Travel to Benghazi

Eliana Johnson

May 9, 2013

A travel warning circulated by the State Department this afternoon warns American citizens against all travel to Benghazi and elsewhere in Libya, including the entire southern region of the country.

“The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of traveling to Libya and strongly advises against all but essential travel to Tripoli and all travel to Benghazi, Bani Walid, and southern Libya,” the warning says, “including border areas and the regions of Sabha and Kufra. Because of ongoing instability and violence, the Department’s ability to provide consular services to U.S. citizens in these regions of Libya is extremely limited.”

The Department notice indicated that the security situation in Libya remains unpredictable, citing ”civil unrest” and “demonstrations” occuring throughout the country.

(Snip)

Ok, who's putting out a movie!

At the risk of being totally misunderstood - I am compelled to say that Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship and a way of life. Sorry but there is no other way to view it if you say you believe in the One True God of Old ( Hebrew) and New ( Christian) Testaments.

We understand that is true, but most people think of it as a religion.

righteousmomma

So according to an article in the left leaning Guardian a pack of pit bulls killed a jogger and escaped the police.

One "rural", "desert" resident was reported as saying:

"It's really scary," Diane Huffman, of Littlerock, told KABC-TV. "I don't know what to think. I really think I'm going to be getting a gun to protect myself."

This is in Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA. MY OH MY, the irony of it all.

righteousmomma

At the risk of being totally misunderstood - I am compelled to say that Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship and a way of life. Sorry but there is no other way to view it if you say you believe in the One True God of Old ( Hebrew) and New ( Christian) Testaments.

true dat and that is my point. Most people (i/2 the country according to recent various polls and voting habits) are complete "morons" and the other half is caught in the web of political correctness called humanism.

true dat and that is my point. Most people (i/2 the country according to recent various polls and voting habits) are complete "morons" and the other half is caught in the web of political correctness called humanism.

I like to read the comment sections...so don't get me started on this! smile.png

It's not that people are morons or stupid, it's just that so many people are..ignorant...They (on so many subject) don't really know anything....or are locked into a particular view.

I would also add that Humanism comes out of the Enlightenment, and the Enlightenment had a major impact on the Founders and Framers.

righteousmomma

True dat, Valin but those ideas and philosophies do not change the fact that the Judeo/Christian concept of the One True God is being rejected and supplanted. Several of the founding father types were Deists and a couple might have rejected the miracles of Jesus but they still believed in God as He has revealed Himself to mankind thru the Written Word.

Progress has taken us back into a pagan, pre Christian world.

There have been ignorant people ( people without knowledge) and atheists ( people without God) since time began.

A little bit of history........

H/T:TheoSpark

EXCELLENT!!

My, heavens. All the things we don't know.....

EXCELLENT!!

This may come as a surprise to you, so prepare yourself.

I could recommend some books. ohmy.png

smile.png

EXCELLENT!!

This may come as a surprise to you, so prepare yourself.

I could recommend some books. ohmy.png

smile.png

biggrin.png No surprise. I'm already overloaded, but will keep it in mind.

wallbash.gif

Colorado: Hispanic Worker Sues School After Being Injured Because Couldn’t Read Warning Sign In English…

DENVER (CBS4) – A group of Hispanic custodians at the Auraria Campus in downtown Denver are claiming they are victims of discrimination.

They’ve filed a complaint against the campus operator that could be reviewed by a federal judge.

What started out as a miscommunication over a schedule change for employees working the graveyard shift has become a full investigation by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

“Too many things have happened to me there that I don’t even know how to explain it,” said Auraria custodian Bertha Ribota.

Ribota said she was injured at work because she couldn’t read a warning sign that was in English.

“If I could speak English I wouldn’t have the problems that exist,” said Ribota.

Scissors-32x32.png

Mounting Evidence' Boston Bombers Involved in 2011 Triple Murder

Massachusetts investigators have developed what they call "mounting evidence," bolstered by "forensic hits," that point to the possible involvement of both Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his younger brother Dzhokhar in a gruesome, unsolved triple homicide in 2011, law enforcement officials told ABC News.

Scissors-32x32.png

Obama's Demeaning Commencement Address

As a presidential speech writer for the first Bush White House, I am always very interested in what presidents say in their formal speeches. They know, of course, that their remarks will be widely covered by the press, studied by analysts, and influential in contemporary political debates. For that reason, presidents rarely speak off-the-cuff, and their every word is carefully chosen for exactly the message the White House wants to convey to the public. Their graduation speeches, like all presidential addresses, go through many drafts and are reviewed by high-level administration officials to ensure that they accurately reflect the administration's policies and priorities.

Scissors-32x32.png

As someone with a doctorate in communication theory who spent years analyzing presidential speeches and studying political rhetoric, I've never seen a presidential speech that was more repulsively self-centered and insidiously self-serving; nor has a previous president operated in campaign mode so unrelentingly throughout his presidency, regardless of the occasion or circumstances.

Sadly, pathetically, Mr. Obama seems to really believe that anyone who opposes his agenda is un-American, and he continues to blame everyone but himself for his failures and for the multiple crises we face. His rhetoric is designed to stir up voters' emotions and mobilize them for the radical agenda in the community organizing campaign that is his presidency.

---

Well said.

• Like 1

Sadly, Ms. Crouse didn't tell us how she really feels. :)

Don't think she will be at the WH Christmas party for the next four years.

saveliberty

Read this all the way through.

Seven Buses: The Love That Builds Bridges

May 9, 2013 By joannemcportland

Scissors-32x32.png

This started to be a story about attending my 45th high school reunion last Sunday. But it’s really more a story about the ways a good mother loves—which is to say, it’s a story about God.

Alma Mater

The first mother in this story is my alma mater, my soul-mother, Immaculate Heart High School. I’ve written before about the debts I owe the Women of Great Heart I encountered there—the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart who taught me and inspired me and called me out on my idolatrous preference for applying Nefertiti eyeliner over studying algebra, and my Panda sisters who are more dear to me now than they ever were back in 9-S-3 or even when we graduated under the stars at the Hollywood Bowl in 1968. But I haven’t attended a reunion since the late 1970s, when I briefly taught (yes!) Liberation Theology and worked in PR there.

SrWoodchuck

Treasury sued for records detailing authorization of Chinese corporate takeover

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=184733

JUDICIAL WATCH

(Washington, D.C.) – Obama influence peddlers are evidently at it again. This time, a very curious and potentially threatening decision to approve a deal that puts China in control of drilling interests in the Gulf of Mexico and puts cash in the pockets of Obama campaign donors and bundlers.

On February 14, 2013, Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuitagainst the U.S. Department of the Treasury to obtain records relating to the Obama administration’s approval of the acquisition of the Canadian energy company Nexen Inc. by the Chinese government-owned Chinese National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC).

This acquisition will allow CNOOC access to drilling in northern Canada and the Gulf of Mexico, but that is not all. The deal will also provide a windfall of financial returns to major Obama campaign contributors.

On November 13, 2012, Judicial Watch sent the FOIA request to the Obama Treasury Department. By a letter dated November 16, 2012, Treasury acknowledged receipt of the Judicial Watch FOIA. Though required by law to respond within 20 days, to date, Treasury has not done so and we are now in court to compel a response. The Judicial Watch FOIA lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on February 14, 2013.

And why is this acquisition so concerning?

CNOOC’s July 2012 acquisition of Nexen drilling interests in northern Canada and the Gulf of Mexico allowed the Chinese government a partial takeover of a vital strategic asset (accessible crude oil in the Western Hemisphere). The acquisition is the largest Chinese takeover of a foreign company in history. And it could have been blocked by the U.S.

Because of Nexen’s holdings in the Gulf of Mexico, the CNOOC takeover required the approval of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. (CFIUS), which is chaired by the secretary of the Treasury and includes the attorney general, the U.S. trade representative, and the secretaries of the Department of Homeland Security, Commerce, Defense, State, and Energy.

And China got exactly what it wanted.

Scissors-32x32.png

“With one ill-chosen action, the Obama administration has managed to undermine our strategic interests and reward its corporate cronies,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “It’s little wonder that the Treasury Department is defying open records law to stonewall accountability.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via iOTW------------More here: http://www.judicialwatch.org/jw-sues-obama-treasury-department-for-records-detailing-authorization-of-chinese-corporate-takeover/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Tweet&utm_content=05092013&utm_campaign=Chinese+Oil+

TREASON!