Coffee Shop

Rheo

SrWoodchuck

Queens Politics Paralyzed Amid Reports Ex-Sen. Shirley Huntley Wore FBI Wire

http://nlpc.org/stor...y-wore-fbi-wire

esterday, the New York Times reported:

On Friday, prosecutors disclosed that
, when she was a Democratic state senator from Queens, had secretly recorded conversations with seven elected officials and two other people after she was confronted by the F.B.I. and asked about her alleged participation in criminal schemes involving embezzlement and bribery.

NLPC exposed a sham charity Huntley founded called The Parent Workshop, to which she steered tens of thousands in taxpayer money. Our research was first reported in the New York Post of March 6, 2011, apparently triggering the criminal probe.

The nonprofit conducted no activities. Instead, the money was siphoned off by an aide and Huntley's niece, both of who were previously charged with crimes. Huntley was defeated in a Democratic primary for her seat on September 13, 2012.

NLPC's Huntley allegations were a byproduct of our investigation of U. S. Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-NY), and a sham charity with which he was associated called New Direction Local Development Corporation. Among other irregularities, New Direction raised money for Hurricane Katrina victims who did not receive any assistance.

Scissors-32x32.png

Our Queens sources tell us that when it was reported that Huntley wore a wire, panic ensued among the political class. We are told, "They are paralyzed with anxiety. Since the only way they know how to play is the dirty way, no one wants to talk to anyone else. Its almost as if corruption has ground to a halt."

That last sentence gave me great joy......

Via iOTW

SrWoodchuck

Egypt's New Anti-Muslim-Brotherhood Militia

http://www.gatestone...gypt-black-bloc

by Ashraf Ramelah

Egypt's Black Bloc grew out of their struggle for liberation from an authoritarian system, only after non-violent civil efforts had failed. Ironically, the U.S. Black Bloc and Egypt's Black Bloc are on opposite sides of the political struggle – one, in the U.S., a friend to the Muslim Brotherhood and doubtless trying to gain prestige through their nominal association with international fighters; the other, in Egypt, an enemy to the Brotherhood, and fighting for democracy and legitimate government.

Clad in black, faceless in black ski masks, the nameless Black Bloc soldiers lock arms to create a human shield in defense of pro-freedom protesters -- the Black Bloc's number-one priority -- in the streets and squares of Egypt. Expert in martial arts and ostensibly military-trained, Black Bloc warriors only recently surfaced in Egypt to safeguard fellow freedom-fighters from their arch-enemies, the foes of democracy: President Mohamed Morsi and his Muslim Brotherhood-Hamas militia.

Originating out of a plan to protect women protesters from sexual assault, this huge band of men and women numbering in the thousands (the exact number is not known) form a dedicated and determined corps of combatants divided into local groups of 30-50 individuals in Egypt's communities. Self-described as "anti-Muslim-Brotherhood," and generated out of disgust toward years of police and military brutality, the Black Bloc is, for modern Egypt, a completely new phenomenon.

As participants in this well-organized system for safety and preservation, the secret members of the "elite" Black Bloc guard first appeared in the streets of Cairo this January, when revolutionaries commemorated their two-year anniversary with protests in Tahrir Square. Now everywhere the Egyptian opposition stages protests, the rank-and-file Black Bloc, whose leaders remain unknown to them, dutifully move in to police the area on behalf of fellow protesters.

Deemed "terrorists" and "outlaws" by the Morsi regime, the shadowy Zorro-like heroes refer to their network as the "United Ghosts Revolution" and represent a just cause in the ongoing rebellion against Egypt's Islamist government. The Black Bloc mission is to ensure that no more assaults, kidnappings, and torture occur from Morsi's security forces [the Muslim Brotherhood militia] and so-called law enforcement, and that a "camel gazwa," [invading crowds on galloping camels] as in the early days of the revolt, never takes place again. Many Black Bloc members carry firearms, most likely acquired through the illegal networks smuggling weapons from Libya and Gaza.

If the best defense is a good offense, the forceful Black Bloc has aggressively expanded its scope beyond the scene of gathered protesters and their protection. With a physical presence in more than eight cities across Egypt, the anonymous soldiers have claimed responsibility for ransacking at least eight separate Muslim Brotherhood Freedom and Justice Party offices.

Scissors-32x32.png

Egypt's Black Bloc grew out of the chaos of President Morsi's actions, which necessitated a course correction – such as the use of security, weaponry and attacks -- for freedom-fighters in their struggle for liberation from an authoritarian system. Although tactics similar to the U.S. Black Bloc anarchists are used, Egypt's fighters do not seek anarchism. Furthermore, the Shariah religious state is contrary to the western democratic state, and the roles of their respective revolts find their meaning and identity by way of the system they fight, not the tactics and strategies they use.

U.S. Black Bloc vandalism is class-warfare, a staple of the progressive political agenda of some in America who opportunistically seem to have intertwined themselves with Muslim Brotherhood goals. While actions by the U.S. Black Bloc ultimately favor the short-term goals of the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's Black Bloc interrupts the Muslim Brotherhood's power structure with material and moral losses. Ironically, the U.S. Black Bloc and Egypt's Black Bloc are on opposite sides of the political struggle – the one in the U.S. a friend to the Muslim Brotherhood; the other, in Egypt, an enemy to the Brotherhood.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via TheoSpark

righteousmomma

Finally some happy news. 3 long missing young women found alive and now freed in Cleveland.

Best Of The Web

Life Imitates 'South Park'

"Cartman misinterprets news reports about piracy in Somalia to mean the return of the classic era of swashbuckling pirates, and misleads a handful of South Park boys to voyage to Mogadishu to start a pirate crew."--Wikipedia summary of "Fatbeard," aired April 22, 2009

"A women's group in southwest England had an embarrassing encounter at a recent meeting when members misinterpreted the idea behind a visiting speaker's talk about pirates. The Parkham Women's Institute, a venerable institution traditionally devoted to home-spun handicrafts and good works, decided to get into the spirit of Captain Colin Darch's talk by dressing in pirate garb. Neckerchiefs, eye patches and pirate hats were widely sported, with a toy parrot thrown in for good measure. Unfortunately, Captain Darch's topic focused on his 2008 ordeal at the hands of Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean, when he was held hostage for more than six weeks."--NBCNews.com, May 2

Queens Politics Paralyzed Amid Reports Ex-Sen. Shirley Huntley Wore FBI Wire

More Here

I can't tell ya how shocked I am! I mean nothing like this has ever happened in NY...well except for the last 100 + years.

tumblr_m93rqgoJU01r9cxueo1_500.jpg

Egypt's New Anti-Muslim-Brotherhood Militia

http://www.gatestone...gypt-black-bloc

by Ashraf Ramelah

Egypt's Black Bloc grew out of their struggle for liberation from an authoritarian system, only after non-violent civil efforts had failed. Ironically, the U.S. Black Bloc and Egypt's Black Bloc are on opposite sides of the political struggle – one, in the U.S., a friend to the Muslim Brotherhood and doubtless trying to gain prestige through their nominal association with international fighters; the other, in Egypt, an enemy to the Brotherhood, and fighting for democracy and legitimate government.

Like you I've been following this (Egyptian Arab Spring/MB) story. All I can say is if anyone owns any stock in Egypt...SELL! I fear things are going to get a whole lot worse in Egypt before they get better.

Genovese Boss Gives Blessing From The Beyond To Lesbian Daughter's Upcoming Wedding

5/5/13

Rita Gigante, the daughter of deceased Genovese boss Vincent "The Chin" Gigante, recently came out as a lesbian in her memoir The Godfather's Daughter, and the spiritualist who speaks to the dead now is announcing that her upcoming nuptials to Bobbi Sterchele has been blessed from the hereafter by the passed mobster as reported by John Marzulli for the Daily News:

The legendary mafioso, who breathed his last in 2006, will be there [at the wedding] in spirit, says his daughter, Rita Gigante. And the dearly departed wiseguy -- dubbed "The Oddfather" for parading around Greenwich Village in a ratty-looking bathrobe -- will be dressed to impress. "He's showing up in a suit and tie," Gigante told the Daily News.

Apparently the mobster's spirit isn't the only wise guy supportive of a gay child.

Last month Donna DeLucia wrote a letter to a Brooklyn federal judge requesting a lenient sentence for her reputed Colombo capo dad Dennis "Fat Dennie" DeLucia whom she says was supportive of her coming out process as reported by John Marzulli for the Daily News: "My dad accepted me, embraced me and has supported me. His love and acceptance helped me through the rough times and growing pains."

The relationship between the Mafia and the gays has been a complicated one. The mob historically has dominated gay bars, and even a few mobsters had a little sugar in their tanks. Heck, Vito Genovese's second wife Anna was a lesbian who managed the mob boss's Club 82 in the East Village during the early 1950s which was popular with tourists for its drag performances.

(Snip)

I hope that the majority of the news gets back to Benghazi, Syria, Afghanistan, and Obama's incompetence soon.

SrWoodchuck

A Letter to the World from Jerusalem

http://jumblerant.bl...28Jumblerant%29

I read this letter over the weekend and was amazed at how accurate it was.

Having lived in Jerusalem between 2001 and 2010 I can completely understand where the author is coming from:

A Letter to the World from Jerusalem

by Eliezer Ben Yisrael

I am not a creature from another planet, as you seem to believe. I am a Jerusalemite like yourselves, a man of flesh and blood. I am a citizen of my city, an integral part of my people.

300px-Jewish_legion_hakotel_1917.jpg December 1917. Jewish Legion soldiers at the Western Wall after the British take-over of Jerusalem

I have a few things to get off my chest. Because I am not a diplomat, I do not have to mince words. I do not have to please you, or even persuade you. I owe you nothing. You did not build this city; you did not live in it; you did not defend it when they came to destroy it. And we will be damned if we will let you take it away.

There was a Jerusalem before there was a New York. When Berlin, Moscow, London, and Paris were miasmal forest and swamp, there was a thriving Jewish community here. It gave something to the world which you nations have rejected ever since you established yourselves - a humane moral code.

Here the prophets walked, their words flashing like forked lightning. Here a people who wanted nothing more than to be left alone, fought off waves of heathen would be conquerors, bled and died on the battlements, hurled themselves into the flames of their

burning Temple rather than surrender, and when finally overwhelmed by sheer numbers and led away into captivity, swore that before they forgot Jerusalem, they would see their tongues cleave to their palates, their right arms wither. 300px-Jews_place_of_wailing%2C_1860.jpg Jews Place of Wailing, Jerusalem

Scissors-32x32.png

Via KnuckleDraggin'

I hope that the majority of the news gets back to Benghazi, Syria, Afghanistan, and Obama's incompetence soon.

RACIST!!!

tongue.png

I must Share The Pain!

Second Grader Suspended For Holding Pencil Like Gun

FOX 43: A Suffolk school suspended a second grader for pointing a pencil at another student and making gun noises. Seven-year-old Christopher Marshall says he was playing with another student in class Friday, when the teacher at Driver Elementary asked them to stop pointing pencils at each other. “When I asked him about it, he said, ‘Well I was being a Marine and the other guy was being a bad guy,’” said Paul Marshall, the boy’s father. “It’s as simple as that.”.....(Snip)

SrWoodchuck

In terms of......it could have been worse......

If he had pretended it was a LAWS rocket.....he could have been charged with felony possession of an imaginary weapon of mass destruction.....

SrWoodchuck

Who Is James Dobbins?

With little comment from conservative media, President Obama last week appointed James Dobbins as special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan, the high-profile job long occupied by the late Richard Holbrooke.

Dobbins is a prominent exponent of the idea that America can live with a nuclear Iran, as well as an opponent of the use of military force against Iran’s nuclear program under any conditions. Whatever the White House might be thinking, the appointment sent a signal to Iran that the military option is pure bluff.

“Obama’s AfPak envoy may embrace Iran” is the lead of today’s Asia Times Online under the byline of MK Bhadrakumar, a former Indian ambassador to Turkey. Writes Bhadrakumar:

The probability is that the United States President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry got around to reading the congressional testimony titled “Negotiating with Iran” given by Ambassador James Dobbins on the Hill on November 7, 2007, while deciding to name him as the new U.S. special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Scissors-32x32.png

H/T:TheoSpark

Who Is James Dobbins?

With little comment from conservative media, President Obama last week appointed James Dobbins as special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan, the high-profile job long occupied by the late Richard Holbrooke.

Dobbins is a prominent exponent of the idea that America can live with a nuclear Iran, as well as an opponent of the use of military force against Iran’s nuclear program under any conditions.

Obama IMO just really care about things like this (foreign policy). It is just something he has thought a great deal about and is not comfortable with. In fact I think he views it as something of a distraction to what he wants to do. We combine that with the position so prevalent on the Left that America is an imperialist, and so the bad guy, and this is what we get.

I must Share The Pain!

FOX 43: A Suffolk school suspended a second grader for pointing a pencil at another student and making gun noises. Seven-year-old Christopher Marshall says he was playing with another student in class Friday, when the teacher at Driver Elementary asked them to stop pointing pencils at each other. "When I asked him about it, he said, 'Well I was being a Marine and the other guy was being a bad guy,'" said Paul Marshall, the boy's father. "It's as simple as that.".....(Snip)

uQg4I.jpg

• Like 1

I must Share The Pain!

FOX 43: A Suffolk school suspended a second grader for pointing a pencil at another student and making gun noises. Seven-year-old Christopher Marshall says he was playing with another student in class Friday, when the teacher at Driver Elementary asked them to stop pointing pencils at each other. "When I asked him about it, he said, 'Well I was being a Marine and the other guy was being a bad guy,'" said Paul Marshall, the boy's father. "It's as simple as that.".....(Snip)

uQg4I.jpg

OMG!!! a finger pointing like a gun! Help Help Help.

This is the wusafacation of America. At least that's where they want to lead us, whether they know it or not.

SrWoodchuck

EPA Warns Americans Not To Breathe

News in BriefScience & TechnologyISSUE 49•19• May 8, 2013

WASHINGTON—In an urgent message broadcast on every U.S. television network, Environmental Protection Agency officials announced Wednesday that Americans should avoid breathing at all costs. “Effective immediately, we are strongly advising all members of the U.S. populace to cease normal respiratory activity,” said acting EPA administrator Bob Perciasepe during an impromptu press conference held in the agency’s underground bunker. “If you absolutely must inhale, do so at once and really make it count. As a general rule, contact with the earth’s atmosphere is strongly discouraged.” At press time, Perciasepe reminded Americans to prevent injuries by lying down before entering a state of unconsciousness.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/epa-warns-americans-not-to-breathe,32347/