Coffee Shop

Rheo

SrWoodchuck

I must Share The Pain!

Second Grader Suspended For Holding Pencil Like Gun

FOX 43: A Suffolk school suspended a second grader for pointing a pencil at another student and making gun noises. Seven-year-old Christopher Marshall says he was playing with another student in class Friday, when the teacher at Driver Elementary asked them to stop pointing pencils at each other. "When I asked him about it, he said, 'Well I was being a Marine and the other guy was being a bad guy,'" said Paul Marshall, the boy's father. "It's as simple as that.".....(Snip)

uQg4I.jpg

@Pepper!

This is extremely upsetting! There are nothing but pews in my church on Sunday.......

• Like 1

@SrWoodchuck

The human eye lash aka the Shepster said that Greta tonight is a must watch because Jodi Arias, the tender lover with the sharp knife, is going to speak and claim her 15 minutes of fame. I will be sure to grab some old Nat Geographics to study instead.

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

The human eye lash aka the Shepster said that Greta tonight is a must watch because Jodi Arias, the tender lover with the sharp knife, is going to speak and claim her 15 minutes of fame. I will be sure to grab some old Nat Geographics to study instead.

@Pepper! Just a suggestion........no old Nat Geographics........instead, 12-24 Natty Lights?

natural-light.jpg

• Like 1

197807_238399082951418_1495723598_n.jpg

I really am trying to understand why everyone is so worried about her? A. She's not that great of a campaigner B. she's got enough baggage to make Newt look pure as the driven snow.

Most Trusted People in America Are in Hollywood

Why does culture, Hollywood and celebrity matter? Because the top four most trusted people in America are celebrities according to a Reader's Digest trust poll.

Reader's Digest teamed up with research firm The Wagner Group to poll over 1,000 Americans and discover which individuals and the ideals they represent have earned our confidence.

So, who made the cut?

1. Tom Hanks, actor

2. Sandra Bullock, actor

3. Denzel Washington, actor

4. Meryl Streep, actor

Out of the top 10 most trusted, six are out of Hollywood.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/05/09/most-trusted-people-in-america-are-in-hollywood-n1591905

wallbash.gif

righteousmomma

Only word that fits him, Pepper

Geee, heard some of this on Beck while running errands.

Amazing. We are so ...... Can't think of an appropriate word .

Anyway guess these are the heroes of a post modern, post Christian thoroughly hedonistic and materialistic society. Shallow.

Only word that fits him, Pepper

Someone is in need of a good ass whuppin. To quote my father..."horse whipping to good for him."

The enormity of the hypocrisy displayed boggles my mind. And crickets from the main stream, @righteousmomma @Valin

And on a related note

The Benghazi patsy

RICH LOWRY | 5/9/13 12:11 AM EDT

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula deserves a place in American history. He is the first person in this country jailed for violating Islamic anti-blasphemy laws.

You won’t find that anywhere in the charges against him, of course. As a practical matter, though, everyone knows that Nakoula wouldn’t be in jail today if he hadn’t produced a video crudely lampooning the prophet Muhammad.

In the weeks after the attack on U.S. facilities in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others, the Obama administration claimed the terrorist assault had been the outgrowth of a demonstration against the Nakoula video. The administration ran public service announcements in Pakistan featuring President Barack Obama saying the U.S. had nothing to do with it. In a speech at the United Nations around this time, the president declared — no doubt with Nakoula in mind — “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.”

(Snip)

From the Comments (Yes I've become something of a fan of comments sections)

BDubW • 18 hours ago

So if a bunch of Mormons ransacked an Embassy and murdered 4 diplomats would Matt Stone and Trey Parker be put in jail for the "Book of Mormon" musical? Who is to judge what is tasteless, and disrespectful? We have in this country the freedom of speech.

COProgressive Class-Warrior BDubW • 17 hours ago

No, Stone and Parker shouldn't be put in jail for writing the musical, nor should Nakoula be put in jail for his video.

But Stone and Parker didn't start off world-wide protest that caused the deaths of hundreds, maybe thousands of people world-wide. Nakoula shouldn't be jailed for his video, but he should be jailed for instigating riots and as an accessory to murder....... oh, and terminal stupidity.

I just have to wonder if it ever occurred to COProgressive Class-Warrior to ask himself why this is? Why we didn't see riots world wide or otherwise of Mormons over The Book Of Mormon? Why Christians haven't killed people over "Piss Christ"? I have a sneaking suspicion that his thoughts don't run that deep.

http://youtu.be/WjwMWfWnd1k

Even Bill gets it.

• Like 1

@Valin

and Nakoula Basseley Nakoula is in jail, he is not allowed bail.

But Ariel Castro, rapist, kidnaper, possible murderer is eligible for bail.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

Never thought in a million years that Bill Maher would actually say "liberal bull s^#@" The end must be near.

@Valin

and Nakoula Basseley Nakoula is in jail, he is not allowed bail.

But Ariel Castro, rapist, kidnaper, possible murderer is eligible for bail.

I actually had to Google Ariel Castro to remind myself who he is. Which says a lot about how "important" I think this story is. Although I have no doubt it will be all over the news for the next couple of months, until the next bright shiny object appears.

symbolicsquirrelmeaning.jpg

SQUIRREL

righteousmomma

At the risk of being totally misunderstood - I am compelled to say that Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship and a way of life. Sorry but there is no other way to view it if you say you believe in the One True God of Old ( Hebrew) and New ( Christian) Testaments.