Coffee Shop

Rheo

righteousmomma

Ok,by most of the world standard tests I am a rich old married white Christian woman. SO WHAT !! I am also an American with a sense and a knowledge of history. So forgive my excesses . I am sick and tarred of what is happening to our Country. Wake the hell up America!!!!!

• Like 3

saveliberty

Current rating: 3.7 (18 ratings)

Sermon 636 : Every Saint Had a Past Every Sinner Has a Future : 5th Sunday of Lent

3/17/2013

Please click the play button above to listen now.

This week's scriptures present the hope of moving forward. All of us have sins and vices in our past. Christ offers us the possibility for forgiveness and a bright future in grace no matter how sinful our pasts are.

Download MP3 File (Right-Click, Save Link As…) | readings | podcast

Listen to Father Barron weekly on Relevant Radio

Trackback URL: http://www.wordonfire.org/trackback/b19867dd-bf11-45a0-96da-f395524110cc/Sermon-636---Every-Saint-Had-a-Past-Every-Sinner-Has-a-Future---5th-Sunday-of-Lent.aspx

The Week In Pictures

Steven Hayward

Yup, it’s time once again for our look back at the best photos, cartoons, and “socially constructed” memes of the week. I’m tempted to say “The Ends Justify the Memes,” but that would be wrong. (Loyal reader RS also suggests the useable headlines, “I Smell a Rattner,” or “Rattner’s Choice Theory.” I’ll keep these in the inventory.)

412x600xRodman-Obama-copy-412x600.jpg.pagespeed.ic.W3PF2vEstM.jpg

(Snip)

321x267xGun-Mailbox-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Y7wEem7HyF.jpg

Is this the coolest mailbox ever?

(Snip)

450x272xPope-Fun-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.--dkRJ5fyW.jpg

(Snip)

News that for some strange reason never made the NY Times....

Vagina monologue: Free speech on Canadian campuses

Last Wednesday night, a pro-life student club at the University of Waterloo invited a local MP to speak.

Within minutes, a small group of other students stormed the front of the room, screaming abuse at the guest speaker, taking over the podium and grinding the event to a halt.

All under the watchful eyes of campus police.

They just stood there.

Actually, that’s not quite right, they did intervene. They told the speaker — Stephen Woodworth — that for his own safety he’d better leave.

They didn’t take steps to protect his safety. They didn’t remove the screaming trespassers, or even just ask them politely and quietly to stop. They just stood there, as a campus club was physically barred from holding a peaceful event.

(Snip)

How Dare A Pro-Life campus group bring a Pro-Life Speaker on campus!!!

H/T College Insurrection

article-2158950-13987FF1000005DC-674_634x495.jpg

Spiked: Former U.S. President George W. Bush's surprise appearance on HBO's fantasy series Game of Thrones, bares comparison to President Obama's look-a-like on Sunday's 'The Bible'

I had forgotten about this.

article-2158950-13987FF1000005DC-674_634x495.jpg

Spiked: Former U.S. President George W. Bush's surprise appearance on HBO's fantasy series Game of Thrones, bares comparison to President Obama's look-a-like on Sunday's 'The Bible'

I had forgotten about this.

Producers of “The Bible” miniseries: No way were we trying to make Satan look like Obama

Buzzfeed has more than any reasonably intelligent person would want to know on this very pressing issuse.

U.S. working out what to do with Congo ICC suspect

KIGALI (Reuters) - The U.S. embassy in Rwanda was working out on Tuesday what to do with a Congolese warlord wanted by the International Criminal Court, a day after Bosco Ntaganda walked off the street and turned himself in to face war crimes charges.

Ntaganda stunned U.S. embassy staff when he walked into the diplomatic mission and gave himself up, an apparently meek end to a 15-year long career that saw him fight as a rebel and government soldier on both sides of the Rwanda-Congo border.

He specifically asked to be transferred to the Hague-based tribunal, the U.S. State Department said.

Neither the United States nor Rwanda has an obligation to hand over the commander nicknamed "the Terminator" to The Hague-based ICC as they are not signatories to the Rome Statute that set up the court.

Washington broadly supports the ICC, but testimony by Ntaganda, who has fought in a string of Rwanda-backed rebellions in Congo's east, may be damaging for the government of Rwandan President Paul Kagame, a close U.S. ally.

(Snip)

Read on to find out why he surrendered....(Hint: Someone is not happy with him, and his breathing privileges could be revoked)

HUGE MEGA CRISIS ALERT!

'Zip-related genital injuries' send 1,700 men to ER each year

Brian Alexander

NBC News

3/19/2013

I thought it was just me. But according to a study published this month in the British Journal of Urology International by a University of California San Francisco urology resident named Herman Singh Bagga, an estimated 17,616 people wound up in U.S. emergency rooms between 2002 and 2012 because they caught their genitals, almost always penises, in zippers.

If you’re giggling right now, you’ve never done it.

And you’ve probably done it. Zipper injuries are the single most common cause of penile injury in adult men reporting to emergency rooms, Bagga explained in an interview, followed by bicycles. (In small boys, the most common cause of penile injury is a toilet seat slamming down when the child is urinating – “you’d be surprised how many little boys rest their penises on the rim,” Bagga said -- followed by zippers.)

(Snip)

17,616 divided 10 (10 years) 1,761.6 divided by 365 (Days) 4.826 divided by 151,000,000 (males in America) .0000003

Now it could just be me but, it appears someone is in dire and desperate need of a life.