Coffee Shop

Rheo

WestVirginiaRebel

Say your prayers tonight and ask that our nation gets back to founding principles tomorrow. And pray that more Ohio-ans come to their senses.

As someone who was born there, I can say that they occasionally display common sense (except when they drive in WV tongue.png )

• Like 1

@WestVirginiaRebel

In most states, a 45 mph posted on a sign coming into a curve means you can easily take it at 60 to 70, WV is one of the few states where a sign that say 10 mph, curve up ahead, means you better slow to 9 mph, get both hands on the wheel, stop texting or you will soon be flying down the rocks of some spring fed creek about 888 and half feet down some holler.

Hillary Clinton to Speak at Award Ceremony for Ambassador Stevens

With numerous questions about the Benghazi attack still unanswered by the administration, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will speak at a Thursday night soiree in honor of slain Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens.

Stevens will be posthumously award one of the Common Ground Awards, which are presented annually by Search for Common Ground to honor outstanding accomplishments in conflict resolution, negotiation, community building, and peacebuilding.

Accepting the award on behalf of Ambassador Stevens will be his sister, Anne Stevens.

snip

-----

Search for Common Ground

Founded in 1982, Search for Common Ground works to transform the way the world deals with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative problem solving. We use a multi-faceted approach, employing media initiatives and working with local partners in government and civil society, to find culturally appropriate means to strengthen societies' capacity to deal with conflicts constructively: to understand the differences and act on the commonalities.

I think his life & career for the US should be celebrated. Rest in peace, ambassador. If his death, though tragic, is to have meaning......people involved in letting him die, will receive justice.....starting with Obama & Hillary. If neither has a political career after this, it will be of some solace.

Say your prayers tonight and ask that our nation gets back to founding principles tomorrow. And pray that more Ohio-ans come to their senses.

As someone who was born there, I can say that they occasionally display common sense (except when they drive in WV tongue.png )

No one....drives as bad as Utah-ans......and I've lived in Texas & California!

• Like 1

My first take was this is why those 4 Americans are dead.

With numerous questions about the Benghazi attack still unanswered by the administration, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will speak at a Thursday night soiree in honor of slain Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens.

Stevens will be posthumously award one of the Common Ground Awards, which are presented annually by Search for Common Ground to honor outstanding accomplishments in conflict resolution, negotiation, community building, and peacebuilding.

Accepting the award on behalf of Ambassador Stevens will be his sister, Anne Stevens.

snip

-----

Search for Common Ground

Founded in 1982, Search for Common Ground works to transform the way the world deals with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative problem solving. We use a multi-faceted approach, employing media initiatives and working with local partners in government and civil society, to find culturally appropriate means to strengthen societies' capacity to deal with conflicts constructively: to understand the differences and act on the commonalities.

I think his life & career for the US should be celebrated. Rest in peace, ambassador. If his death, though tragic, is to have meaning......people involved in letting him die, will receive justice.....starting with Obama & Hillary. If neither has a political career after this, it will be of some solace.

My first take was this is why those 4 Americans are dead.

snip

-----

Search for Common Ground

@Rheo!

It has all the buzz words that mean so much to Progs.....

"outstanding accomplishments in conflict resolution, negotiation, community building, and peacebuilding...."

Not winning...........and.......not optimal.

From inside the belly of the beast... why your vote matters.

http://www.thedonovan.com/archives/2012/11/from_inside_the_1.html

From one of the people that "make" our armed services work.....words of wisdom:

Scissors-32x32.png

"We are in the military. We are all military thinkers, and as such we must not be driven by emotional responses. We can't say, "f%@# it, let's shut out the lights and leave!" There is a difference between passion and emotionalism, and we need to stay on the side of informed passion and avoid frustrated emotional responses. Some are looked to by civilian readership for some leadership, some courage. Emotionalism in that role can be harmful, or at least unhelpful. In the end, it sounds like another voice in support of the president's non-strategy; even if it is a negative reaction to it.

I get the frustration. I do. I understand the urge to cry out for evacuation. I do. And it's wrong. First, logistically, it's impossible or at least completely improbable. You simply can't move all that s^#@ that quickly. Second, it's just flat ill-advised. If you want a dissertation on why, I'll happily drown you all in words that will make lots of sense if you dry your eyeballs out reading them.

Instead, I'll give you this; if you want to advise quitting, your prayers have been, in part, answered. Our commanders in the field have quit. Force protection is job 1. Period. Mission? Not really. And it's evident. What's happening now is lip-service being paid to the advisory mission and the de facto implementation of the Biden plan. Our military in Afghanistan is a lost ball in tall grass. We have lost our way because command climate trickles down, and our national strategy on Afghanistan is not based on any goal or desired end state in Afghanistan other than for it to be a plus in favor of Obama's reelection. The national command climate, set by the CIC, is a shambles, and that's reflected in the zeitgeist on the ground. National security strategy, the objective of which becomes to satisfy domestic political imperatives, is not national security strategy; it is domestic political campaigning. That is what Afghanistan has become.

It's what Afghanistan has been since the day that Obama announced his non-conditions-based withdrawal schedule with a time hack one month and six days before the 2012 election.

An Army left to fight a domestic political campaign in a foreign country will fail at it. (Nobody told the Marines that they were fighting for votes in the 89th precinct, so they keep fighting what they believe to be a war.)

Romney's approach to this is brilliant. He cannot win otherwise. He could not possibly have a brilliant campaign plan for Afghanistan. He cannot possibly win after proclaiming Obama's "strategy" of withdrawal to be in the least bit ill-advised. There is no way for him to politically overcome the seduction or withdrawal.

Scissors-32x32.png

What would a President Romney be expected to do? I expect that he will approach this problem as he approaches any business problem. That in itself would be a huge leap... if you will excuse my political jingoism... forward.

It's hell when a simple word like the word "forward" become tainted by politicization.

Scissors-32x32.png

Yeah, Christie Hurt

By Rich Lowry

November 5, 2012

My understanding from checking around the last day or two–after emerging from a semi-news blackout last week–is that Christie’s robust embrace of President Obama did break through and help President Obama rebut part of Romney’s closing argument that he can work across the aisle better than the president. Yesterday, the New York Post ran an editorial begging Christie to make a strong show of support for Romney. That kind of show of support might have been particularly important to Romney (and convenient for Christie) in the Philadelphia suburbs. But now it’s too late.

UPDATE: Jon Ward reports on Christie turning down a Romney request to appear at his Philly-area rally.

angry.png

You got some explaining to do Chris.

Yes, he does! lightningbolt.gif On the other hand, he loves NJ and obviously was willing to sell his soul for the sake of his state. I wonder if it has paid off.

I was needlessly worried for about five minutes as to what would eventually happen to Obama, Axelrod, Carney, Clinton, Panetta and others but it turns out there is a refuge for the spineless here

Fast moving C-130 to Benghazi would work, too.......give them 'chutes & say, "Your taxpayers have provided you with a Mid-East vacation!"

• Like 2

Interesting link:

The Malignant Narcissist and the Benghazi 'Snuff Film'

http://www.americant...snuff_film.html

Credible sources indicate that the president of the United States watched in real time what might well be called the Benghazi snuff film.

Among those sources is retired Lt. Col. Tony Schaffer. At the time of the assault, Shaffer relates, two U.S. drones were hovering to the consulate and recorded the final hours of the attack, which killed U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other brave Americans.

"This was in the middle of the business day in Washington, so everybody at the White House, CIA, Pentagon, everybody was watching this go down," Shaffer said on Fox News. "According to my sources, yes, [Obama] was one of those in the White House Situation Room in real-time watching this."

Frankly, I have found myself wondering what sort of president could sit through a viewing of what was essentially a snuff film.

Scissors-32x32.png

The same sort of president who would demand that he and he alone be the final arbiter of the fate of the persons assigned to his "kill list"? And, yes, there really is a "kill list."

Scissors-32x32.png

"Could he [Obama] order the targeted killing of an American citizen, in a country with which the United States was not at war, in secret and without the benefit of a trial?" Since the Benghazi debacle, we certainly can hazard a guess that the answer is "Yes."

Back to the original question -- namely, what sort of person could coldly organize killings and take in snuff films without a normal reaction? I believe that Erich Fromm, author of The Anatomy of Human Destructivenesscan help us understand just what we are dealing with in president Obama. His analysis of malignant narcissism fits Barack Obama's profile to a tee.

One of the chief characteristics of the malignant narcissist: He is interested only in himself, his desires, his thought, his wishes... his ideas, his past, his plans; the world is real only as far as it s the object of his schemes and desires; other people matter only as far as they serve him or can be used; he always knows everything better than anyone else.

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

Author Brad Thor Dishes on His New Thriller: ’24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, Our Digital Exhaust Is Being Sucked Up by the Government’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/author-brad-thor-dishes-on-his-new-book-24-hours-a-day-7-days-a-week-our-digital-exhaust-is-being-sucked-up-by-the-government/

Scissors-32x32.png

“I want to be the king of faction,” Thor told TheBlaze in an exclusive interview. “My number one goal as a thriller writer is to entertain you. But I’ve got a chance to not only entertain people, but have them close my book and be smarter having read it.”

His new book “Black List,” which comes out Tuesday, does exactly that while tackling the concept of “total surveillance.” And in a day and age where there are cameras on nearly every street corner and the federal government can access by various means your phone calls, text messages, emails and other personal information, the book couldn’t come at a better time.

“If I had to sum up the concept of ‘Black List’ in one sentence it would be: Someone is padding the president’s kill list,” Thor said. “The subtext though is all about this surveillance technology.”

Scissors-32x32.png

“Let me make this very clear: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our digital exhaust is being sucked up by the government,” he added. “It is being compiled on big server farms and it’s being analyzed by different computer programs, looking for any hint that you and I are up to no good.”

In fact, the National Security Agency (NSA) has been compiling so much information on U.S. citizens that it actually outgrew its facility in Fort Meade, Md. and had to build a new facility outside of Salt Lake City to the tune of $2 billion, Thor explained.

Scissors-32x32.png

Even more alarming, Thor explained: The government is using this data to develop “artificial intelligence applications” that can not only process large amounts of data quickly but are being programmed to anticipate what you are going to do next.

“Under the guise of security the government has been robbing our liberty,” said Thor. “And I’m not down with that.”

And what if we were once at a point in our society that you could be arrested before committing a crime? It may sound like science-fiction, but the technology has already moved on to phase two.

The Department of Homeland Security’s Future Attribute Screening Technology (FAST) program, which recently passed its first round of testing, uses a computer program that studies physiological indicators of a person, such as heart rate and the steadiness of a person’s stare, and then utilizes that data to determine whether that individual may have “malintent,” the intent to cause harm.

Scissors-32x32.png

Finally, Thor said the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recently came out with a statement that said it had been directed by the Obama administration to open up the skies for unmanned drones. The FAA said based on what they are being asked to do, they anticipate the U.S. will have upwards of 30,000 drones patrolling the skies.

Scissors-32x32.png

Yeah, Christie Hurt

By Rich Lowry

November 5, 2012

My understanding from checking around the last day or two–after emerging from a semi-news blackout last week–is that Christie’s robust embrace of President Obama did break through and help President Obama rebut part of Romney’s closing argument that he can work across the aisle better than the president. Yesterday, the New York Post ran an editorial begging Christie to make a strong show of support for Romney. That kind of show of support might have been particularly important to Romney (and convenient for Christie) in the Philadelphia suburbs. But now it’s too late.

UPDATE: Jon Ward reports on Christie turning down a Romney request to appear at his Philly-area rally.

angry.png

Yes, he does! lightningbolt.gif On the other hand, he loves NJ and obviously was willing to sell his soul for the sake of his state. I wonder if it has paid off.

Christie: Call from Springsteen made me weep

Yeah, Christie Hurt

By Rich Lowry

November 5, 2012

angry.png

Christie: Call from Springsteen made me weep

Oh, gag. I agree with you, @Valin. There was a time when I, too, was a big fan of Chris Christie (I can't say I had a Man Crush on him biggrin.png ). Now -- definitely not so much.

Oh, gag. I agree with you, @Valin. There was a time when I, too, was a big fan of Chris Christie (I can't say I had a Man Crush on him biggrin.png ). Now -- definitely not so much.

NRO has been taking him to task!

Here's the thing, I don't have a real problem with him meeting with the President, he is the governor after all, I don't even have a problem with being nice to the President. I do however have a problem with him acting like a love struck 15 year old girl....He did everything but get the knee pads out, then basically blow off Mitt Romney.

It was a politically stupid move on his part....and it hurt any chance he has of ever going national. Elephants don't forget.

• Like 2

NRO has been taking him to task!

Here's the thing, I don't have a real problem with him meeting with the President, he is the governor after all, I don't even have a problem with being nice to the President. I do however have a problem with him acting like a love struck 15 year old girl....He did everything but get the knee pads out, then basically blow off Mitt Romney.

It was a politically stupid move on his part....and it hurt any chance he has of ever going national. Elephants don't forget.

And to think so many people wanted Romney to pick him for his VP, I agree he over did his carrying on with O