American killed in attack on US Consulate in Libya, security official says, following Egyptian protest at US embassy

WestVirginiaRebel

I Demand to be Arrested!

Rodger L Simon

9/15/12

Hillary Clinton, I insist that you have me arrested. I am thinking of making a movie about Mohammed.

I don’t want to brag, but as a film professional with an Academy Award nomination in screenwriting, I may do a better job than Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, alleged creator of the Innocence of Muslims.

But I have to admit one thing. Hopeless and inept as Nakoula may be as a filmmaker, I agree with the intentions of his movie. I too detest Islam because I happen to abhor misogyny and homophobia, both mainstays of that faith. And, like most Americans, I prefer freedom of religion to jihad, Sharia law, and a global caliphate.

Advertisement

Don’t let me criticize any of that.

(Snip)

Obama's Ham-Fisted Response To The Attacks On The U.S

By MARK STEYNMARK STEYN12655 Beatrice Street

Posted 09/14/2012 07:06 PM ET

So, on a highly symbolic date, mobs storm American diplomatic facilities and drag the corpse of a U.S. ambassador through the streets. Then the president flies to Vegas for a fundraiser.

No, no, a novelist would say; that's too pat, too neat in its symbolic contrast. Make it Cleveland, or Des Moines.

The president is surrounded by delirious fanbois and fangurls screaming "We love you," too drunk on his celebrity to understand this is the first photo-op in the aftermath of a national humiliation.

No, no, a filmmaker would say; too crass, too blunt. Make them sober, middle-aged Midwesterners, shocked at first, but then quiet and respectful.

The president is too lazy and cocksure to have learned any Scissors-32x32.png read more http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-viewpoint/091412-625873-obama-mishandles-attacks-in-libya-egypt.htm?p=full

U.N. ambassador says Libya attack was spontaneous

A high-powered assault on the U.S. Consulate in Libya was a spontaneous reaction to an anti-Muslim video, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations said Sunday, not a premeditated assault tied to the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks

@clearvision

Libyan President obviously mistaken [hasn't gotten his flagon of Oblamer Kool-aid yet].......and their RPG's, automatic weapons & mortars, were just party favors for the disenchanted.......

http://www.haaretz.c...gation-1.465337

Libyan President Mohammed Magarief said on Sunday that about 50 people have been arrested in connection with the deadly attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi last week, which he said was planned by foreigners linked to al Qaeda.

The attack on Tuesday in Benghazi came amid protests over a video made in the United States that Muslims saw as blaspheming the Prophet Mohammad. It resulted in the deaths of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans.

Magarief told CBS News that some of the suspects - including those who planned the attack - were from outside Libya and mentioned Mali and Algeria. He said some had links to al Qaeda and described other attackers as being affiliated with the group or sympathizers.

"It was definitely planned by foreigners, by people who entered the country a few months ago and they were planning criminal acts since their arrival," Magarief said in an interview on CBS's "Face the Nation."

Scissors-32x32.png

Edited to add: The buggery of the 4 that were killed.....was probably.....spontaneous.

Edited by SrWoodchuck

US State Dept Running Scared – Scrubbing Documents, Denying the Undeniable

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/09/15/us-state-dept-running-scared-scrubbing-documents-denying-the-undeniable/

REPORTS: State Department Chaos – Now Hiding documents and Scrubbing Website to avoid the TRUTH. The US Government was specifically warned of an attack – on 9-11 in Benghazi yet claimed exactly the opposite, and told people there was no known actionable threat…... (more below)

CNN Reporting - 3 Days Warning: Three days before the deadly assault on the United States consulate in Libya, a local security official says he met with American diplomats in the city and warned them about deteriorating security.

Jamal Mabrouk, a member of the February 17th Brigade, told CNN that he and a battalion commander had a meeting about the economy and security. He said they told the diplomats that the security situation wasn’t good for international business.

“The situation is frightening, it scares us,” Mabrouk said they told the U.S. officials. He did not say how they responded.

Scissors-32x32.png

It really is *that* bad.

It is horribly weak, bordering on cowardice, for the extreme lengths Obama and Clinton will go to avoid dealing with issues.

Quite simply, they both are terrible – they talk two divergent narratives simultaneously – they are both horribly lazy – they obviously dislike each other - they are not often selling the same story – they are both extremely horrible managers of people and processes – However, they both possess one striking commonality, that, in the world of diplomacy is toxically dangerous; they are both extremely unprofessional and sloppy.

First Powerline Blog outlines the Chaos at the State Dept – I spoke with a well-placed journalist last night whose sources describe the situation at the State Department in one word: “Chaos.” The working assumption is that several American embassies may have been penetrated, or are vulnerable to attack, because so many of them rely on local residents for staff needs at the embassy, and as such may be in a position to breach security if they have been recruited by Al Qaida. Moreover, the full story of the attack on the Benghazi consulate is much worse than we have been told...

Scissors-32x32.png

An intelligence source on the ground in Libya told Fox News that there was no demonstration outside the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi prior to last week's attack -- challenging the Obama administration's claims that the assault grew out of a "spontaneous" protest against an anti-Islam film.

The intelligence source said no protests were happening before the attackers struck at about 9:35 p.m. local time last Tuesday. The account backs up claims by a purported Libyan security guard who told McClatchy Newspapers late last week that the area was quiet before the attack.

"There wasn't a single ant outside," the unnamed guard, who was being treated in a hospital, said in the interview.

These details appear to conflict with accounts from the Obama administration that the attack spawned from an out-of-control protest. The Libyan president also said Sunday that the strike was planned in advance.

But a senior Obama administration official told Fox News on Monday morning that the Libyan president's comments are not consistent with "the consensus view of the U.S. intelligence community," which has been investigating the incident, and are accordingly not credible.

"He doesn't have the information we have," the U.S. official said of Libyan President Mohammed el-Megarif. ""He doesn't have the (data) collection potential that we have."

Pakistani Accused of Blasphemy Over Prophet Film

ISLAMABAD September 19, 2012 (AP)

Pakistani officials say they have opened an investigation into a businessman who has been accused of blasphemy after refusing to join protests over an anti-Islam video and allegedly trying to convince others also not to take part.

Police officer Munir Abbasi says that hundreds of protesters in the city of Hyderabad who rallied against the film that mocks the Prophet Muhammad demanded businessman Haji Nasrullah Khan shut his shops in solidarity.

When Khan refused, one of his tenants said his decision supported the film.

(Snip)

Ex-Navy Seals weren't part of ambassador's security detail but rose to occasion, officials now confirm

John Solomon

September 19, 2012

The two former Navy SEALs killed in last week's attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi were not part of Ambassador Chris Stevens' official security detail but took up arms in an effort to protect the facility when it was overrun by insurgents, U.S. officials tell the Washington Guardian.

The two former SEALS, Tyrone Woods, 41, and Glen Doherty, 42, were not employed by the State Department diplomatic security office and instead were what is known as personal service contractors who had other duties related to security, the officials said.

They stepped into action, however, when Stevens became separated from the small security detail normally assigned to protect him when he traveled from the more fortified embassy in Tripoli to Benghazi, the officials said.

(Snip)

I have become a victim of CRS. Has it been reported how many 'protesters' were killed in the attack? The Seals fought back, but how effective were they? Would think/hope they were able to take out quite a few before being killed.

I have become a victim of CRS. Has it been reported how many 'protesters' were killed in the attack? The Seals fought back, but how effective were they? Would think/hope they were able to take out quite a few before being killed.

Coverage from BlackFive on the two SEALs gives some posters a chance to speculate:

When You Find Yourself in a Firefight- http://www.blackfive.net/main/2012/09/when-you-find-yourself-in-a-firefight.html#comments

Rid the World of Those Savages- http://www.blackfive.net/main/2012/09/rid-the-world-of-those-savages.html#comments

Republican senators decry ‘useless, worthless' Clinton briefing on Libya attack

Josh Rogin Thursday

September 20, 2012

Several high-level GOP senators emerged from Thursday afternoon's classified briefing with top administration officials incensed that Obama team had offered them no new information and answered none of their questions about the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that resulted in the death of four Americans.

"That was the most useless, worthless briefing that I have attended in a long time. Believe me, there is more written in every major and minor publication in America about what happened." said Senate Foreign Relations Committee member Bob Corker (R-TN), emerging from the all-senators briefing that included Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Deputy Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, and Joint Chiefs Vice Chairman Adm. Sandy Winnefeld. "It was like a one-hour filibuster with absolutely not one single bit of new information being brought forth... very disappointing."

(Snip)

"I learned nothing in that briefing that I hadn't seen or read in the media," said McCain. "They still are blaming the video and they have a fundamental misunderstanding. It's not the video; it's the Islamists that are pushing this video throughout the world to inflame passions on the part of people of the Muslim faith."

(Snip)

"Prime suspect" in Libya consulate attack dares gov't to "arrest me"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-57516793-503543/prime-suspect-in-libya-consulate-attack-dares-govt-to-arrest-me/?tag=strip

(CBS News) BENGHAZI - Ahmed Boukhatala didn't look like a wanted man, sipping mango juice across the table from me in a Benghazi hotel.

Dressed in a crisp white robe, a long grey beard on his face, Boukhatala was happy to share his fundamentalist Islamic beliefs.

He calmly denied having anything to do with the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate which killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

"But the President himself, Mohammed Magariaf, told us you were one of the prime suspects," I told him.

He just smiled.

"If that's what the President is saying," replied Boukhatala, "Then he should come to my house and arrest me."

But that's something government security forces dare not do.

Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

Don't you know, he wasn't arrested under the glare on media lights...he was just asked to come down to the station and answer a few questions. All the Police and press was just an....unfortunate coincidence.

• Like 2