Election Day Live Thread

Rheo

righteousmomma

Ok wins for Boxer and Brown are projected from exit polls. So maybe there is still hope. the exit polls with W last time were all WRONG.

I feel like a beam of sunlight is shining through these past 2 years of economic and cultural terror.

Pinz! You are!

True dat, big dittoes, and we are blessed to have you shining with us.

I am struck with the image of these bright next-generation conservative/tea party/Republican candidates ready to keep moving the country forward in 2012, '14, '16, '20 etc.

And Bill and Hillary working behind the scenes like crazy to grab for her the brass ring of being the First Female President.

I feel like a beam of sunlight is shining through these past 2 years of economic and cultural terror.

Pinz! You are!

Edited: I thought you said you felt like YOU were a beam of sunlight! I'm not correcting it.

Ha...I just quoted you cuz that is what I read too.

Oh well, we love you pinz and you are a shining beam of sunlight for those that know you.

Good night Peeps and I hope all of you have as sweet dreams as I'm going to have!

"The preservation of the sacred fire of liberty, and the destiny of the republican model of government, are justly considered deeply, perhaps as finally, staked on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American people." George Washington

Hi all. Just got back from Steve LaTourette's victory party in Lake Co.. several other candidates were there also & hundreds of happy people

Well, you carnivores would have loved it.. Pork filet, beef tenderloin, turkey, cheese, peperoni, amazing beautiful veggies/fruit; salad; dessert..

and funny thing is that I had just eaten with Paul

well, I was too tired to drag in my notebook to check in here.Instead chatted with friends & watched the returns & cheered on the various speakers.

I'm fading here....

But before I get ready for bed, I'd like to comment on how much I've enjoyed Carl Cameron's commentary tonight. I find him pretty annoying during his political/election reporting segments. But tonight, the depth of his thinking is apparent. He's more like a young Michael Barone. I liked him tonight.

Juan is predicting a wave of Dem resignations, especially the old soon-to-be-former chairmen. Heh, heh.

I am struck with the image of these bright next-generation conservative/tea party/Republican candidates ready to keep moving the country forward in 2012, '14, '16, '20 etc.

And Bill and Hillary working behind the scenes like crazy to grab for her the brass ring of being the First Female President.

Pinz! You are!

Edited: I thought you said you felt like YOU were a beam of sunlight! I'm not correcting it.

Aw, shucks. :blush:

That's sweet. :D

Pinz! You are!

True dat, big dittoes, and we are blessed to have you shining with us.

:D

I don't think that the Tea Party is destroyed at all...but I do think the Tea Party EXPRESS and it's Senate candidates and King makers are not as powerful as they hoped coming out of tonight.

Whether that is good or bad, remains to be seen.

Sweet dreams, Geee!

Hey, Ghost! Am I remembering LaTourette correctly as one of the Impeachment Committee members. Solid, sober and impressive?

Polly, in the last couple of weeks I've noticed the different suffixes with the various Tea Party groups. Worth sorting them out over the next few months, I guess.

Obama called Boehner at midnight to congratulate.

Rheo! Am I correct in thinking that financing bills for government originate in the House? Could Boehner tell Obama he had to pay the extra weight for Moo & kids; out of pocket, thereby saving something of the $200 million a day in Mumbai?

And with 44/44 reporting in Sandy's race:

Becky Schmitz Democratic Party 10156 44.28%

Sandra Greiner Republican Party 11637 50.73%

Douglas William Philips Iowa Party 1129 4.92%

Write-in Non-Partisan 16 0.07%

righteousmomma

I still say Thank you Lord!! for the Tea Party movement in all its forms. They saved and revitalized the Republican Party. Tonight would have been a far different outcome without the last 2 years.

They finally posted all precincts in for Sandy. YES!!!

State Senator District 45

Precincts Reported 44/44

Becky Schmitz Democratic Party 10156 44.28%

Sandra Greiner Republican Party 11637 50.73%

Douglas Philips Iowa Party 1129 4.92%

Write-in Non-Partisan 16 0.07%

Obama called Boehner at midnight to congratulate.

Rheo! Am I correct in thinking that financing bills for government originate in the House? Could Boehner tell Obama he had to pay the extra weight for Moo & kids; out of pocket, thereby saving something of the $200 million a day in Mumbai?

Correct and I hope. :lol:

How is the tea party destroyed? They brought the local elections to big wins....House and governorships.

From the commentators on Fox, the TP backed Angle and O'Donnell, and since they lost, it means the TP is a failure and destroyed itself.

I still say Thank you Lord!! for the Tea Party movement in all its forms. They saved and revitalized the Republican Party. Tonight would have been a far different outcome without the last 2 years.

Absolutely! And they changed the dialogue and set the tone for what We the People will not tolerate anymore.

They gave politicians the backup they needed to fight for what they need to fight for....for We the People.