FBI reopens Clinton email investigation after new messages found

Geee

What I find...interesting is, last July many on the Right were calling James Comey a bad terrible evil wicked person, and the Left were singing his praises...my my my what a difference 3 months makes.

He looks bad enough now - imagine if SHE became President and horrible things came out after??? It would no matter which side won, if there is something there, it WILL come out eventually.

• Like 3

@Geee

As I have been saying for sometime now...No Matter Who Wins...We're Screwed.

That said if DT does only part (1/3-1/2) of what he says he'll do, he will be a good President.....my problem is I don't believe he will.

As always I reserve my God Given Constitutional right to be wrong.

Lest anyone gets too excited…

View all posts from this blog

By: Srdja Trifkovic | October 28, 2016

The FBI bombshell is not necessarily a gamechanging event. The Clinton campaign, and its mainstream media extension, have weathered with surprising ease the fainting episode on September 11.

In the next two days they will focus on:

1. the possibility (they will claim likelihood) that Anthony Wener’s/Huma Abedin’s server does not contain any emails not known to the FBI already, let alone those designated confidential, classified, secret or top secret – that was Hillary Clinton’s predictable immediate reaction;

2. that the FBI will not be able to sift through thousands of emails quickly enough to provide a clear answer to (1) before the election, which is the coded message behind the Clinton camp’s demand for a “detailed and thorough” investigation – demands for “immediate” disclosure notwithstanding – and an unnamed official has already indicated that it was not likely that the FBI’s review of the additional emails could be completed by Election Day; and

that the FBI was acting under political pressure from Clinton’s foes: Sen. Dianne Feinstein has already declared that “the FBI has a history of extreme caution near Election Day so as not to influence the results. Today’s break from that tradition is appalling.” Scissors-32x32.pnghttps://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/lest-anyone-gets-too-excited/

@Geee

As I have been saying for sometime now...No Matter Who Wins...We're Screwed.

That said if DT does only part (1/3-1/2) of what he says he'll do, he will be a good President.....my problem is I don't believe he will.

As always I reserve my God Given Constitutional right to be wrong.

Time will tell. Hope that's not the case. I tell myself "He has advisers" but he has advisers now, and most of the time does not listen to them.

• Like 2

@Valin

JAMES COMEY BROKE WITH LORETTA LYNCH AND JUSTICE DEPARTMENT TRADITION

On Friday, James Comey, the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, acting independently of Attorney General Loretta Lynch, sent a letter to Congress saying that the F.B.I. had discovered e-mails that were potentially relevant to the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private server. Coming less than two weeks before the Presidential election, Comey’s decision to make public new evidence that may raise additional legal questions about Clinton was contrary to the views of the Attorney General, according to a well-informed Administration official. Lynch expressed her preference that Comey follow the department’s longstanding practice of not commenting on ongoing investigations, and not taking any action that could influence the outcome of an election, but he said that he felt compelled to do otherwise.

Comey’s decision is a striking break with the policies of the Department of Justice, according to current and former federal legal officials. Comey, who is a Republican appointee of President Obama, has a reputation for integrity and independence, but his latest action is stirring an extraordinary level of concern among legal authorities, who see it as potentially affecting the outcome of the Presidential and congressional elections.

“You don’t do this,” one former senior Justice Department official exclaimed. “It’s aberrational. It violates decades of practice.” The reason, according to the former official, who asked not to be identified because of ongoing cases involving the department, “is because it impugns the integrity and reputation of the candidate, even though there’s no finding by a court, or in this instance even an indictment.”Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/james-comey-broke-with-loretta-lynch-and-justice-department-tradition

10/28/2016

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 6:00 pm

It’s almost as she’s . . . a little bit worried by what might come next.

Don’t blink or you’ll miss the whole thing. The statement and Q&A together last less than four minutes. That said, my favorite part comes at 2:10, where the panic visibly starts to creep in as she sees it all possibly slipping away:

You know, I think people a long time ago made up their minds about the emails. I think that’s factored in to what people think, and now they’re choosing a President. So I would urge everybody to get and vote in all the states that have early voting, because I think Americans want a President who can lead our country, who can get the economy working for everyone, not just those at the top, and who can bring our country together.

Please hurry. Vote as soon as you can! Before . . . before the next shoe drops . . . Scissors-32x32.png

http://patterico.com/2016/10/28/hillarys-quickie-email-press-conference-vote-early-before-this-gets-worse/

@Geee

Four years ago, then Attorney General Eric Holder formalized this practice in a memo to all Justice Department employees. The memo warned that, when handling political cases, officials “must be particularly sensitive to safeguarding the Department’s reputation for fairness, neutrality, and nonpartisanship.”

LMFAO.gif

• Like 2

A Fine FBI-Clinton Mess

Comey reopens the email probe 11 days before the election.

Updated Oct. 28, 2016 7:45 p.m. ET

1030 COMMENTS

Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey revealed Friday that the FBI has reopened its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server and her handling of classified material, merely 11 days before Election Day. Mr. Comey cited new evidence, but the disclosure raises troubling new questions about the Democratic candidate and FBI.

In a letter to Congress, Mr. Comey wrote that in connection “with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation.” The FBI “cannot yet assess whether or not this material may be significant,” but presumably the new emails are significant enough for Mr. Comey to conclude he had no choice but to take the extraordinary step of returning to the Clinton file so close to Nov. 8.

Liberals decided in real time Friday that Mr. Comey is now a partisan attempting to influence the election, but the same liberals had a ball after his July media appearance when he created a new legal standard of “extremely careless” instead of “grossly negligent” to exonerate Mrs. Clinton. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-fine-fbi-clinton-mess-1477695528

Talking Points Memo

Comments

greenrx

Government branch by government branch, department by department, I feel like the Republican Party has politicized and corrupted every institution in our democracy. They've turned the Congress, the Supreme Court and now the FBI into tools for partisan warfare. The military and the rest of law enforcement may not be far behind. I admire President Obama a lot, but I'm angry that his good-faith gesture towards bipartisanship in nominating a Republican like Comey to head the FBI has now been rewarded with another stab in the back. The Democrats had better wake up to the ruthlessness and recklessness that their Republican adversaries represent, and never make these kinds of mistakes in the future. If Republicans can't be team players, then they should be shunned absolutely from now on.

Talking Points Memo

Comments

greenrx

Government branch by government branch, department by department, I feel like the Republican Party has politicized and corrupted every institution in our democracy. They've turned the Congress, the Supreme Court and now the FBI into tools for partisan warfare. The military and the rest of law enforcement may not be far behind. I admire President Obama a lot, but I'm angry that his good-faith gesture towards bipartisanship in nominating a Republican like Comey to head the FBI has now been rewarded with another stab in the back. The Democrats had better wake up to the ruthlessness and recklessness that their Republican adversaries represent, and never make these kinds of mistakes in the future. If Republicans can't be team players, then they should be shunned absolutely from now on.

LMFAO.gif

• Like 1

Social Media Blackout? FBI Emails Are Not ‘Trending’ On Twitter, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Or Snapchat

By Dr John No Comments Sun, Oct, 30th, 2016

Zero Hedge

20161029_wmd.jpg

In the 24 hours since FBI Director Comey dropped perhaps the biggest bombshell of the entire Presidential campaign, sending Democrats (and media) scrambling headless-chicken-like for answers (and blame-scaping), does anyone else find it odd that ‘FBI Emails’ does not appear to be a hot topic, trending, big deal on any social media?
Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

Podesta pirouettes
Scott Johnson
Oct. 30 2016

John Podesta holds the position of chairman of the Clinton presidential campaign. He appeared this morning on CNN’s State of the Union for an interview by Jake Tapper regarding James Comey’s announcement that the FBI has obtained additional emails bearing on the Clinton email investigation (video below). CNN reports on the interview here.

(Snip)

Wall Street Journal is reporting 650,000 total emails on laptop (not all related) BUT New York Agents sent info to McCabe in early Oct. Sounds like he may have stalled, told agents to back off...

McCabe is then 2nd in command at FBI who's wife got 650K from McAuliffe for her campaign. Wonder if things heating up at lower levels when it came out last week that his wife got the money and he was slow rolling things....

http://www.wsj.com/articles/laptop-may-include-thousands-of-emails-linked-to-hillary-clintons-private-server-1477854957

• Like 4

Justice Department Obtains Warrant to Review Clinton Aide’s Emails
MATT APUZZO, MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and ADAM GOLDMAN

OCT. 30, 2016

WASHINGTON — Federal investigators have obtained a warrant to begin searching a large cache of emails belonging to a top aide to Hillary Clinton, federal law enforcement officials said Sunday, as prosecutors and F.B.I. agents scrambled to review as much of the information as possible before Election Day. It remains unclear, though, whether they can finish their work by then. “The process has begun,” a federal law enforcement official said.

(Snip)

Some of Ms. Abedin’s emails passed through Mrs. Clinton’s private server, officials said, which means there is a high likelihood that the F.B.I. has already read them.

Since the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, revealed the existence of the emails in a letter to Congress on Friday, senior Justice Department and F.B.I. officials have been under tremendous pressure to review the messages quickly. Both Mrs. Clinton and her Republican rival, Donald J. Trump, have called for the F.B.I. to say publicly what it knows before Election Day.

Over the weekend, senior Justice Department officials said they would make all resources available to conduct the investigation as quickly as possible, saying Mr. Comey’s letter — just days before the election — gave the matter an unprecedented urgency.

(Snip)

Great... now Reid is saying Comey is hiding Trump's ties to Russia. Seems Reid made some over the top accusation against Romney last time that he basically admits he made up.

From the Washington Post...

In the letter, Reid drew a contrast between how Comey has treated the Clinton email probe and how he has handled what Reid described as “explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government.”

“The public has a right to know this information,” Reid said. “I wrote to you months ago calling for this information to be released to the public. There is no danger to American interests from releasing it. And yet, you continue to resist calls to inform the public of this critical information. By contrast, as soon as you came into possession of the slightest innuendo related to Secretary Clinton, you rushed to publicize it in the most negative light possible.”

• Like 1

Anthony Weiner cooperating with FBI on email probe
Daniel Chaitin
10/30/16

Great... now Reid is saying Comey is hiding Trump's ties to Russia. Seems Reid made some over the top accusation against Romney last time that he basically admits he made up.

From the Washington Post...

In the letter, Reid drew a contrast between how Comey has treated the Clinton email probe and how he has handled what Reid described as “explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government.”
“The public has a right to know this information,” Reid said. “I wrote to you months ago calling for this information to be released to the public. There is no danger to American interests from releasing it. And yet, you continue to resist calls to inform the public of this critical information. By contrast, as soon as you came into possession of the slightest innuendo related to Secretary Clinton, you rushed to publicize it in the most negative light possible.”

Breaking News from the Harry Reid News Service:

Comey and Weiner have been positively identified as Trump directed FSB agents.

Recent photos have come to light that prove the long known connection of Donald Trump to Russian disinformation assets.

In the below photo, James Comey on the right is shown with his handler Anthony Weiner on a secret mission in Moscow to meet with Trump's friend Vladimir Putin.

Vladimir_Putin_resurrects_the_KGB_POLITI