FBI Director James Comey to Face Congress over Clinton Email Investigation

Valin

Draggingtree

In a Sane World, This Would Be Disqualifying

n a normal world, what the FBI discovered about Clinton’s emails would disqualify her from office. But these are not normal times. The FBI Director laid out an impressive case against Mrs. Clinton, but will not recommend an indictment. One must wonder if it is because James Comey wants to stop Donald Trump or has visions of Vince Foster dancing in his head. One must also remember that this is the same FBI that interviewed the Orlando terrorist,

Omar Mateen, twice and decided he was harmless.

Scissors-32x32.png

@nickydog

Or You Could Say He Did What He Could, Given The Situation.

The Situation?

The Political Situation..the AG, POTUS were not (IMO) going to try very hard to 1. get an indictment 2. If they did get an indictment prosecute the case to the best of their ability.

So he may have been thinking "OK, I'm going to at least get this out in the public, and make it hard for the democrats to hide or spin this, and I'll take the flack for doing this."

Right now this is the only thing that makes any sense to me.

That makes sense to me, too. Which makes him a hero of sorts, not a coward.

SrWoodchuck

@nickydog

The Situation?

The Founders pledged their Lives, their Fortunes & their Sacred Honor. Nowadays that's way too much for any high federal functionary.

Witness: John Roberts & now, Comey...or any mid-to-top level judge, inspector general or bureaucratic official of an "Alphabet" Department.

Barky's "Chicago rules" probably include blackmail & threats of harm to family.

Maybe they'd be willing to pledge their aggravation?

Draggingtree
shutterstock_296708867-e1467985259539.jpThere is only one answer to the events that are unfolding around us: Speak the truth. It’s not hard to find. Even the Washington Post sort of stumbled over it. Key quote:

In a year-long study, The Washington Post found that the kind of incidents that have ignited protests in many U.S. communities — most often, white police officers killing unarmed black men — represent less than 4 percent of fatal police shootings. Meanwhile, The Post found that the great majority of people who died at the hands of the police fit at least one of three categories: they were wielding weapons, they were suicidal or mentally troubled, or they ran when officers told them to halt.
Scissors-32x32.png

@nickydog

The Situation?

The Founders pledged their Lives, their Fortunes & their Sacred Honor. Nowadays that's way too much for any high federal functionary.

Witness: John Roberts & now, Comey...or any mid-to-top level judge, inspector general or bureaucratic official of an "Alphabet" Department.

Barky's "Chicago rules" probably include blackmail & threats of harm to family.

Maybe they'd be willing to pledge their aggravation?

1. 1776 and 2016 2 different times and situations.

2. blackmail...etc? Don't think so. No need.

3. I believe he did what he could do, to make sure this was not buried or spun.