NAACP Activist Rachel Dolezal Not Black, Parents Say

Geee

Draggingtree

Watcher’s Council Nominations -Blaxploitation Issue

JUNE, 17, 2015 BY NICEDEB

Rachel Donezal represents, philosophically, the ultimate in racism. After unsuccessfully suing Howard University, a black college for discriminating against her because she was white, she had a moment of inspiration.. Scissors-32x32.png

f you’re interested, here’s Rachel Donezal in Baltimore, whipping up the mob to do some more looting and burning. In Baltimore, blacks whose businesses were burnt down, Scissors-32x32.png

https://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2015/06/17/watchers-council-nominations-blaxploitation-issue/

• 5 weeks later...

SHE'S BAAAACK!
and dumber than ever

Dolezal Doubles Down on Crazy
Steven Hayward
July 20, 2015

I thought we had pretty much covered the entire waterfront on the Rachel Dolezal fraud last month, but who knew that she’d show up for an encore, granting an interview to a clearly skeptical (but in this case how appropriately named) Vanity Fair magazine. VF writer Allison Samuels clearly doesn’t have much sympathy for Dolezal’s presumptions, and lets Dolezal double down with her delusions:

There have been women over the years who’ve spent thousands upon thousands of dollars for butt injections, lip fillers, and self-tanners for a more “exotic” look. But attempting to pass for black? This was a new type of white woman: bold and brazen enough to claim ownership over a painful and complicated history she wasn’t born into.

After making calls to what felt like everyone in black America, I was able to get a hold of Dolezal’s e-mail and cell-phone information, and we began a friendly month-long correspondence. We spoke on the phone and exchanged e-mails as events quickly shifted the nation’s focus from Dolezal’s fantastical story to an actual tragedy in Charleston. Eventually, I visited her in Spokane, Washington, where she had been voted head of the local N.A.A.C.P. chapter in November 2014, the crucial, profile-raising step on her rapid ascent in the city’s black community. Throughout our exchanges, as the cameras moved on to their next assignments and public interest waned, she has simultaneously defended the identity she has carefully crafted and insisted that she deceived no one in creating it.

“It’s not a costume,” she says. “I don’t know spiritually and metaphysically how this goes, but I do know that from my earliest memories I have awareness and connection with the black experience, and that’s never left me. It’s not something that I can put on and take off anymore. Like I said, I’ve had my years of confusion and wondering who I really [was] and why and how do I live my life and make sense of it all, but I’m not confused about that any longer. I think the world might be—but I’m not.” . . .

(Snip)

Snip)