Coffee Shop

Rheo

I think it is particularly treasonous......that they vote to provide covering fire for essentially the same group that knocked down the buildings......on the anniversary of 9/11.

I'm hoping for a "Karmic" event [if there ever was karma...this would be a good example of how it should evolve] and we get rid of these elite, deluded "rulers."

• Like 2

I think it is particularly treasonous......that they vote to provide covering fire for essentially the same group that knocked down the buildings......on the anniversary of 9/11.

I'm hoping for a "Karmic" event [if there ever was karma...this would be a good example of how it should evolve] and we get rid of these elite, deluded "rulers."

When I think they cannot disgust me more....they do.

Harry Reid is despicable.

Doesn't it seem, with the Russian plan, that the war has been postponed indefinitely? Err, not a war, but a very limited action.. No, no, not a limited action, but a minimal strike that won't accomplish a damn thing. Maybe not even a minimal strike but a sternly worded letter. Then....we can wait for the UN to take some inaction.

In the meantime, Assad sleeps soundly, with no worries about the U.S. doing anything.

• Like 3

Beyond Bravery http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=37478

Witold_Pilecki_1.JPG

Everyone in our military volunteers to perform hazardous duty if and when ordered. We all did that when we raised our hand and took that oath on enlistment or commissioning.

Yet still, there are limits to what it’s reasonable to ask of anyone. How would you react if someone came up with a mission that required an individual to:

allow themselves to be captured;

be imprisoned in a notorious concentration camp;

organize internal resistance and a spy network inside that camp;

send back regular reports of camp conditions;

stay there for 2 1/2 years; and

figure out how to escape if and when they ever wanted to come home.

Certainly few would propose such a mission for themselves or any of their subordinates. Indeed, on hearing such a proposal I’d guess most of us would probably react with some variation of the coarse line from the old Cheech and Chong routine about kamikaze pilots: “You outa you f**king mind!”

Now assume that someone had actually done the above. How many of us believe that same individual would then afterwards:

voluntarily go behind enemy lines yet again to take part in an insurrection;

survive being captured a second time and held captive for another 9 months;

return to full duty yet again after being released; and then

voluntarily go behind enemy lines yet another time – this time to serve as a spy?

Most of us would probably regard any story containing such a collection of accomplishments the plot outline for a horrible spy novel. That is, we’d say it was so ridiculously preposterous as to be completely unbelievable.

Except it isn’t preposterous. It actually happened.

And the place to which this man allowed himself to be sent and imprisoned for 2 1/2 years? It was called “Auschwitz”.

The man’s name was Witold Pilecki. He was an officer in the Polish Army during World War II.

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

Syria's history of chemical warfare is 1.7K years old http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/09/08/newser-syria-chemical-warfare/2782035/

Amid all the uproar over chemical weapons in Syria comes this surprising revelation: What could be the earliest archaeological evidence of chemical weapons was uncovered in the country — and it is some 1,700 years old.

A mixture of sulfur and pitch combined with fire was the first way humans gassed their enemies, explains Discovery News.

It dredges up 2009 findings by British archaeologist Simon James, who asserts that such a poison gas was used during a siege on the Roman-controlled city of Dura-Europos around AD 256.

The site was excavated throughout the 20th century, first in 1920; in the next decade, the bodies of 20 armor-clad Roman soldiers were found in one of the counter-mines they dug in order to access the tunnels made by the invading Sasanian Persians.

The original theory was that the collapse of the tunnel killed them. But James offered proof that the Romans were actually gassed: A jar near the bodies contained residue composed of pitch and yellow sulfur crystals.

National Geographic shares James' explanation: "I think the Sasanians placed braziers and bellows in their gallery, and when the Romans broke through, added the chemicals and pumped choking clouds into the Roman tunnel."

Death would have come within minutes.

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

The "Question of the Day" for the Coffee Shop crowd....

Is dwarf spanking really worse than the traditional sport of dwarf hurling?

This and other questions must be answered as Miley struggles to throw off the shackles of her Disney image.

And then again... maybe she's just setting the stage for her appearance in the remake of Willy Wonka.

umpa-lumpa-heat-transfer.gif

righteousmomma

Ya gotta be kidding was my first thought when I read this:

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush ® will honor former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton with this year’s Liberty Medal from the National Constitution Center. The award will be presented to Clinton on September 10th, the eve of the first anniversary of the terrorist attack on the United States mission in Benghazi that killed four Americans.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/09/Jeb-Bush-To-Award-Hillary-Clinton-Liberty-Medal

Then I see NCT's Miley and the "Dwarfs" post and think :"Nope, the world has gone nuts." Surrealism does not even begin to describe today.

• Like 2

Ya gotta be kidding was my first thought when I read this:

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush ® will honor former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton with this year’s Liberty Medal from the National Constitution Center. The award will be presented to Clinton on September 10th, the eve of the first anniversary of the terrorist attack on the United States mission in Benghazi that killed four Americans.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/09/Jeb-Bush-To-Award-Hillary-Clinton-Liberty-Medal

Then I see NCT's Miley and the "Dwarfs" post and think :"Nope, the world has gone nuts." Surrealism does not even begin to describe today.

I read that this morning but couldn't stand to post it! My thought was (among othersangry.png ) was that I hope he keeps his nose out of politics, but probably not. Seems like when people become Florida governors they turn 'warm and fuzzy", Rhinos or outright Democrats!! I think some crazy lady made a comment here about sharks a few days ago??wink.png

Update on Jim Hoft

First, this is not a remembrance. Although Jim Hoft remains in critical condition in a St. Louis hospital, he, fortunately, is still planted firmly on this mortal coil. I write with the full confidence that he will make a full recovery. Right now, however, the man is enduring his own private hell. You may not immediately know the name Jim Hoft, but some part of our present world has been shaped by his work as an activist and through his blog, Gateway Pundit. …

He is surrounded by friends and family. He has a friend, Andrea Ryan, who has stepped up to keep the Gateway Pundit site active while he is recovering. We at Breitbart, and others in the conservative on-line world, have done what we can to help this effort. We can’t replicate Hoft, but we can help keep things going until he returns to the fight. And, we need him to return.

(Snip)

You might want to remember him in your prayers.

• Like 1

I for one can't wait to see what the Prez has to say tonight. I bet he is interested in finding out too. Maybe Putin can give the speech.

It's an embarrassment to be ruled imperially, by neutered cipher.

If an "Act of God" were to have hit both of these pitiful humans simultaneously.....I would have been only very slightly annoyed.

I would think One more reason why there is a God and he wants me to be happy.

I'm afraid that 2 years from now we are going to look back on the Rudy Giuliani era as a Golden Age.

@Valin........I think that's why he made beer! [As noted by founder Ben Franklin]

If you are the least bit confused......have a 12 pack of tall-boys & call me in the morning.

@Valin........I think that's why he made beer! [As noted by founder Ben Franklin]

If you are the least bit confused......have a 12 pack of tall-boys & call me in the morning.

51kyiBPSaAL.01._SR300,300_.jpg

39564693-203guinn3.jpg

• Like 2