Coffee Shop

Rheo

What on earth is with McCain and Graham. Good grief...it's like watching Batman and Robin and its embarrassing. Ugh.

Turned the channel to Perry Mason.....couldn't watch McShame & Gramnesty......

• Like 2

A Revelation of the Eternal http://gatesofvienna.net/2013/09/a-revelation-of-the-eternal/

As a celebration of Labor Day weekend — as if we needed an excuse — here is one of the finest musical pieces ever created, the “Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor” (BWV 582) by Johann Sebastian Bach, as performed by Hans-Andre Stamm on the Trost organ of the Stadtkirche in Waltershausen.

Scissors-32x32.png

A commenter named Matthew Pearson notes:

The organ was the most complex machine on earth from the lifetime of Bach until the 19th century when the telephone exchange supplanted it. This organ is by Trost and has 47 speaking stops, and 6 transmissions. There is no definitive record of Bach playing this organ but he very likely did, and he had played others by Trost and praised the sound of the instruments.

So the organ is a supreme achievement of man.

The composition is nothing less than a revelation of the eternal.

J.S. Bach - Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor BWV 582

Via GatesOfVienna

Did you know that 1 in 5 flagged CIA Applicants have ties to Hezbollah, Hamas and Al Qaeda? http://www.barenakedislam.com/2013/09/02/did-you-know-that-1-in-5-flagged-cia-applicants-have-ties-to-hezbollah-hamas-and-al-qaeda/

John-Brennan-stooge-for-jihad.jpg

We know that Obama’s appointment as CIA head, John Brennan, touts the Muslim Brotherhood as a moderate political organization, so is it any surprise that 1 in 5 flagged applicants to the CIA have ties to Hezbollah, Hamas and Al Qaeda? Most of the flagged applicants have repeatedly applied for employment in the CIA.

Scissors-32x32.png

Washington Times An estimated one-fifth of a subset of all applicants for Central Intelligence Agency positions had significant ties to the terror groups Hamas, Hezbollah and al Qaeda, a newly released document from NSA leaker Edward Snowden’s collection revealed Monday.

The document — released by Mr. Snowden as part of his National Security Agency intelligence dump — said the terrorist groups worked hard to infiltrate America’s top security agencies. CIA officials uncovered thousands of applicants, roughly one in five of a subset, with “significant terrorist and/or hostile intelligence connections,”

Scissors-32x32.png

vkri8.jpg

Must-see video: the pope’s passionate plea for peace

September 2, 2013 By Deacon Greg Kandra

Scissors-32x32.png

The last minute or so shows a side of Francis we rarely see. (Or, as another observer put it, “He means business.”)

The pope is calling on all Christians and people of all faiths to join us for a day of fasting and prayer for peace on 7 September.

• Like 1

SERBIA HOSTS WORLD TESTICLE COOKING CHAMPIONSHIPohmy.png

(AFP) - The tenth edition of the World Testicle Cooking Championship took place in the Serbian village of Lunjevica on Saturday. 20 teams gathered to win the world championship title in this unusual contest.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/09/03/Serbia-Hosts-World-Testicle-Cooking-Championship

FEET on the Resolute Desk? Isn't that an impeachable offense? GTFO!

photo_1378001325911-14-HD.jpg

I wonder what Joe is thinking? Actually I'm really wondering IF Joe can think?

A Team Of Nitwits

(Snip)

580x386xCabinet-Meeting2-600x400.jpg.pag

A friend writes:

I looked at the picture in the WSJ today of the war cabinet meeting on Syria and I confess that my heart just sank. Obama, Biden, John Kerry, Eric Holder, Check Hagel, Susan Rice--ugh, I just cant believe that we have such small people making such big decisions. I dont know what the right answer is here, but Ive never felt so little confidence in the intellectual, moral, and prudential capabilities of the American officials in making this sort of decision. Totally involuntary toojust completely deflated.

• Like 5

A Team Of Nitwits

(Snip)

580x386xCabinet-Meeting2-600x400.jpg.pag

A friend writes:

I looked at the picture in the WSJ today of the war cabinet meeting on Syria and I confess that my heart just sank. Obama, Biden, John Kerry, Eric Holder, Check Hagel, Susan Rice--ugh, I just cant believe that we have such small people making such big decisions. I dont know what the right answer is here, but Ive never felt so little confidence in the intellectual, moral, and prudential capabilities of the American officials in making this sort of decision. Totally involuntary toojust completely deflated.

Oh man, that just described my feelings exactly. It fills me with a sense of hopelessness.

• Like 4