Explosion hits fertilizer plant north of Waco, Texas

clearvision

Thank you, @Valin!

I spent 11 years working in a chemical plant. Believe me you really don't want to live near one. Management and Unions do all they can to keep things safe....but you're working with some very bad substances and sh*t happens, a wrong valve get opened or closed, a grounding wire slips off, or doesn't get attached because someone is rushed, and tired...any number of things. There is a reason why chemical workers make real good money.

• Like 1

I am amazed that three schools and a nursing home as well as residential would be so close to a plant that manufactured hazardous materials??

Mr.n. said that military analysts have a hard time distinguishing between chemical plants and weapons facilities in aerial photography. I wouldn't want a chemical plant in my town.

I am amazed that three schools and a nursing home as well as residential would be so close to a plant that manufactured hazardous materials??

The plant I used to work at.

333 WEST 86TH STREET. BLOOMINGTON. MN.

The wrong valve gets opened or closed and depending on wind direction those people got 10 minutes to get the hell out of dodge. Some of the stuff we worked with, by the time you detected it it was to late.

I guess people will start re evaluating now. There is a point to having commercial, residential, light industrial and heavy industrial zoning. Guess some areas pay attention to that, some don't. Rather see that kids know that Heather has two mommies than to see that they are safe.

Edited to add: that is probably not the case in Texaswink.png