Boehner: 'Mr. President, This Is Your Moment. We’re Ready to Be Led'

Geee

boehner-mr-president-your-moment-we-re-ready-be-ledCNSNews:

(CNSNews.com) -- House Speaker John Boehner held a press briefing at the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday afternoon where he congratulated Barack Obama and indicated Republicans in Congress were ready to be led by him.

“Mr President, this is your moment. We’re ready to be led," said Boehner. "Not as Democrats or Republicans but as Americans. We want you to lead not as a liberal or a conservative but as president of the United States of America.

“We want you to succeed,” said Boehner. “Let’s challenge ourselves to find the common ground that has eluded us. Let’s rise above the dysfunction and do the right thing together for our country.”Scissors-32x32.png

Obama could not lead himself out of a paper bag.

Ah, but he CAN lead us off that cliffblink.png

No, he will not be leading off that cliff, with connotations of lemmings following blindly, but dragging us, kicking and screaming.

Every time I see the name John Boehner...I get concerned.

Doesn't make you cry does it?wink.png

Not cry, but....he always wants to "Make A Deal" too much. At least it appears to me to be the case.

Here we (at least I) see the problem

Boehner Folds, Tax Hikes on Table

AWR Hawkins

7 Nov 2012

The day after Obama's spend, spend, spend, and tax, tax, tax, policies garnered him a second term in the White House, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) offered the president a way to save the economy which included raising taxes "under the right conditions."

With all due respect to Speaker Boehner, when in the hell are the right conditions to raise taxes?

Our economy is not simply on its last leg but its last knee. We are down, and headed toward down and out if the president continues along the path he's been on for four years. How in the world can taking even more money out of the America peoples' paychecks help this situation?

(Snip)

Boehner Exclusive: Raising Tax Rates 'Unacceptable' but Will Put New Revenue on Table

(Snip)

Asked whether he will make another attempt to fully repeal the Affordable Care Act, Boehner said "the election changes that" and "Obamacare is the law of the land."

Still, there are some parts of the law, he said, that should be on the table as lawmakers work toward a balanced budget.

The speaker also revealed that comprehensive, bipartisan immigration overhaul would be a top priority of his agenda during the 113th Congress.

"This issue has been around far too long," he said. "A comprehensive approach is long overdue, and I'm confident that the president, myself, others can find the common ground to take care of this issue once and for all."

The speaker also downplayed the influence of the Tea Party on his Congress, even though at least 49 members of the Tea Party caucus won re-election.

"This has been the most misreported story of my two years' tenure. We don't have a Tea Party caucus to speak of in the House," Boehner said. "All of us who were elected in 2010 were supported by the Tea Party.

(Snip)

Obama will be addressing the country soon on the economy. Specifically, he wants a deal on sequestration. I honestly believe the correct response is for Boenher to say "Whatever you want Barack. On one condition. You take full and complete credit for the result."

• Like 2

Obama will be addressing the country soon on the economy. Specifically, he wants a deal on sequestration. I honestly believe the correct response is for Boenher to say "Whatever you want Barack. On one condition. You take full and complete credit for the result."

The price of doing that may be more than the country's economy can handle.. Doing that would not get rid of the 0 and only hurt everyone else. Want to see him fight for reduced tax rates and an overhaul of the tax rules.

They will take this right up to the deadline and then come up with a solution, although it will probably be a temporary solution. Kick it down the road.

I don't think there is any agreement they could come to at this point that could keep this country from tipping off the fiscal cliff. It is just going to happen. So this is as good a point as any to step out of the care altogether and watch it drive off the edge. Holding on the the bumper as it goes just drags you into the wreckage.

Falling off of the cliff will be averted this time. But in the long run, the economy is in for quite a jolt with 0. Maybe we are headed for the same situation Carter created. High interest rates, inflation and unemployment.

Here we (at least I) see the problem

Boehner Folds, Tax Hikes on Table

AWR Hawkins

7 Nov 2012

The day after Obama's spend, spend, spend, and tax, tax, tax, policies garnered him a second term in the White House, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) offered the president a way to save the economy which included raising taxes "under the right conditions."

With all due respect to Speaker Boehner, when in the hell are the right conditions to raise taxes?

Our economy is not simply on its last leg but its last knee. We are down, and headed toward down and out if the president continues along the path he's been on for four years. How in the world can taking even more money out of the America peoples' paychecks help this situation?

(Snip)

Your link now shows a correction.

Correction: The article below reported Speaker John Boehner's remarks based on a CNBC report that took his quote out of context. He was referring explicitly to tax revenues, not tax rates, in his remarks.

The day after Obama's spend, spend, spend, and tax, tax, tax, policies garnered him a second term in the White House, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) offered the president a way to save the economy which included raising taxes revenues [see correction above] "under the right conditions."

snip

So how does a person step out of the car?

Open the door and jump, knowing that the are about to be significantly injured. But when the other option is inevitable death, broken bones seems acceptable.

Falling off of the cliff will be averted this time. But in the long run, the economy is in for quite a jolt with 0. Maybe we are headed for the same situation Carter created. High interest rates, inflation and unemployment.

How will it be averted? What resources have we not yet used that will reverse the course we're on? Carter didn't start his disaster with a $16 trillion debt. We're not playing with our last chips here. We're already playing with the house's money, and Guido and Bruno are standing behind us so we can't sneak out.

@Rheo

@Valin

Correction: The article below reported Speaker John Boehner's remarks based on a CNBC report that took his quote out of context. He was referring explicitly to tax revenues, not tax rates, in his remarks.

(Out of context, no, say it ain't so.)sarcasm

righteousmomma

Boehner was taken out of context.

I am sure he is a nice man.

However that does nothing to relieve my angst when I read that he tells Diane Sawyer when asked about repealing Obamacare that the president was voted back by a majority and its the law of the land. REALLY??? Then why do we not just do away with the the 2 party system - no difference.