Reid moves to limit GOP filibusters

Geee

@Argyle58 - as I said on another thread, we are still in mourning. Give us a few days to regroup and we shall be 'kicking and screaming" again.

Why are we in mourning? We are no worse, or better, off than we were on Monday. We should be angry......I know I am. Not so much at the electorate, people are what they are. I am angry at the inability of our leadership to properly get our message out. I am angry that those of us who share a philosophy of hope and prosperity have spent our time in chat rooms like this giving each other "Atta Boys" instead of doing our part to educate the masses.

I am equally angry that any talk of hope for the future is immediately quashed in this fit of depression that has engulfed the movement. You want to mourn, fine, do so. We all spent months knowing that this was coming, few here were more than cautiously optimistic over our chances of winning the White House. Nothing, however, has changed as a result of Tuesdays election, except the fact that the Tea Party DID make a difference. We won the popular vote, and we made advances in the majority that we held in the House. We gained some governorships.

In my opinion, now is not the time to mourn, or to become complacent, but a time to consolidate and capitalize on the gains that were made.

Well, gee whiz, ya'll have convinced me. I will hence forth give up all thoughts of positive action and meekly follow toward my eventual enslavement at the altar of "Its For Your Own Good!" Let us light the pyre and sing dirges over the corpse of the Republic.

Ala' Wicker Man?

'"The democrat group are very very good at doing a couple of things: controlling the msm, and the "spin". They will never "own" (read: take responsibility for) anything unless it benefits them to do so."

I believe the entire keystone to the political success of the democrat party is the fact that they own the media. Without it, they would lose any control they've managed to gain. A classic example of this is the coverage of Sandy. Currently, the most prolific image is Obama getting hugged by Christy. The reality is, mass looting, little to no progress in the neighborhoods hardest hit, a rising deathtoll, and an increasingly obvious lack of infrastructure prepardness in the areas hardest hit. If Obama had been Republican, those realities would have been pushed 24/7 by the media, and the election would have been a 60/40 blowout for whatever democrat challenger was on the ticket.

Republicans will not win another national election until a majority of Americans get their news from non-MSM sources. The good news is, that trend is in our direction. Already, a vast majority of Americans believe the MSM is not credible, and a majority believe they are biased toward democrates. Unfortunately, a majority still uses the MSM as its most influential source of perspective on current events. We do it here. How many of us read AP or Reuters stories before a Breitbart story? How many use Yahoo news or some similar page to get a quick rundown on current events? How many actually listen to top of the hour radio news summaries or still watch nightly network news? Probably most. And that keeps the lying, agenda driven, manipulative MSM in business.

I think this last election we were probably at 40% of where we need to be as far as people looking through our lying media. When we can get that number to 60%, we may start to see progress in national politics. The trend is in our direction, but we've got a long way to go.

Bump bump. Couldn't agree with you more.