Coffee Shop

Rheo

pollyannaish

OK CNN anchors standing in rain (standing....) rain is going sideways (like any thunderstorm complex)

Is it getting on their L.L. Bean vests?

HMMM CNN crew at house on "Grande Isle". Water about a 1' from flooding the house.. Sounds like decent storm surge coming in... then he points into the distance and says an emergency vehicle that can drive in "high water" just went by. So this house about to flood is in less that what 1' of water? Not sure there a emergency vehicles driving around in more than that...

I shouldn't be so flippant. There is going to be mass flooding (like SC got today) from this. I'm sure it will be bad with flooding and some wind damage, but this hype just drives me up the wall.

• Like 1

Thanks to the TRR faithful for their running dialog on the convention and coverage last night.

I was just looking at the "morning after" coverage by the various MSM sources and blew a gasket when I saw the Raleigh New & Observer coverage (better said as non-coverage) of last night.

These are the top three news stories on their site this morning.

1) Isaac

2) Durham councilman leads safety run with a couple dozen people

3) BREAKING NEWS: Carolina parakeet went extinct in early 1900's

Snap1-10.jpg

Page down five screens and you find this extensive and profound coverage of Tampa.

Snap2-1.jpg

It will be interesting to see if they cover the convention in Charlotte next week. ohmy.png

• Like 1

Immortal Quotes, A Pepperoni Series

Why so many Women want to work at The Weather Channel

"We've been getting nailed here in New Orleans"

-- Stephanie Abraham, TWC, August 29, 2012, 11:03 EST

LMFAO.gif

@Pepper

Lootie likes his gig on the Weather Channel and keeps them all happy when they're in town!

wc_lootie.jpg

• Like 1

@Geee

I don't know who bag.gif that Pepperoni character is but those pseudo-tweets © here and here are really something.

rolleyes.gif

Ha! They just HAVE to be liberals and just possibly maybe even related to Joe Bidenlaugh.png

righteousmomma

Never in a million years did I think I would say this - but Rush has depressed me the last few days. Sometimes I think he is the one out of touch with most of us who live surrounded by moderates and liberals.

People who have heard and read and been indoctrinated by the msm/tv/movies their whole lives.

I understand his frustrations and really agree that more should have been said and should be said about the left direction that is anti capitalism etc etc etc but how do you deal with perceptions etc when you have news people saying things like today where one says something to the effect that Ann Romney viciously attacked Obama by wrapping her attack in cozy warmth.

All we can pray is that Romney and Ryan will take a page from Reagan.

• Like 3

Never in a million years did I think I would say this - but Rush has depressed me the last few days. Sometimes I think he is the one out of touch with most of us who live surrounded by moderates and liberals.

People who have heard and read and been indoctrinated by the msm/tv/movies their whole lives.

I understand his frustrations and really agree that more should have been said and should be said about the left direction that is anti capitalism etc etc etc but how do you deal with perceptions etc when you have news people saying things like today where one says something to the effect that Ann Romney viciously attacked Obama by wrapping her attack in cozy warmth.

All we can pray is that Romney and Ryan will take a page from Reagan.

I totally agree with everything you said, @righteousmomma. Rush is obviously frustrated with the Repubs.

• Like 2

I hope Andrea gave Chris a piece of her mind for interrupting her as she was beginning her interview. As if Chris knew better what question(s) to ask. Good for Condi -- she was poised, gracious, and stayed on message.

Does Andrea have a piece to spare? I have my doubts.

Yes, there is that small problem. biggrin.png

pollyannaish

Sometimes I wonder how the left can continue to perceive themselves as intelligent. Especially since it is starting to appear as if "birtherism" may end up the most hilarious rope-a-dope ever. Some serious folks brought up some concerns, some right fringers took it to the next level and then the main party and most of the grass roots pretty much says "let's focus on the economy" leaving the birther fanaticism to guys like Matthews, while everyone else discusses the pressing issue of the day like grown ups. It's funny, really.

Condi's look was priceless. :lol:

Sometimes I wonder how the left can continue to perceive themselves as intelligent. Especially since it is starting to appear as if "birtherism" may end up the most hilarious rope-a-dope ever. Some serious folks brought up some concerns, some right fringers took it to the next level and then the main party and most of the grass roots pretty much says "let's focus on the economy" leaving the birther fanaticism to guys like Matthews, while everyone else discusses the pressing issue of the day like grown ups. It's funny, really.

Condi's look was priceless. :lol:

That's why I would make a bad pol. You know me...I don't deal with fools very well, I am my mothers son.

• Like 1

pollyannaish

I have been trolling through the liberals comments on my FB page. First of all, I notice a LOT of happy conservatives, but they are quite quiet about politics.

However, my liberal friends are following exactly the party line: That Ryan's speech was dazzling, deceitful and distracting. And they are seething. Like cornered dogs, honestly.

So. We can't just disagree anymore, we must be branded liars if we have different perspectives on life. Frustrating.