Coffee Shop

Rheo

righteousmomma

Yes, article itself is an example. Ryan was not misleading.

He quoted what Obama said and what people inferred from what he said and the conclusion of what actually happened.

RYAN: President Barack Obama came to office during an economic crisis, as he has reminded us a time or two. My home state voted for President Obama. When he talked about "change," many people liked the sound of it, especially in Janesville, where we were about to lose a major factory. A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said, "I believe that if our government is there to support you, this plant will be here for another hundred years." That's what he said he in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn't last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day.

I like what Rush said:

Ryan was right, and even CNN's fact-checkers grudgingly admitted it at the end of the day. The interesting thing is that 22 million people are out of work. Twenty-two million people don't have a factory or a job place to go (chuckles), and the Democrats are trying to hold onto one, as though it makes any difference. "That place got shut down before Obama! You can't blame him. The other 19 million that were shut down, yeah, but you can't blame that one on him."

RUSH: Here are the facts on the GM plant. February 13th, 2008, Obama was in Janesville. February 13, 2008 is, like, 11 months before he's immaculated. "I believe if our government's there to support you and give you the assistance you need to retool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years." Well, he's implying that if I am there -- if I'm the government -- I'm gonna support you; and I'm gonna give you the assistance you need to retool and keep this place open for a hundred years.

Paul-Ryan-RNC-001_large.jpgThat's what the people at the factory thought he meant.

June 2008: "General Motors announced Janesville would stop production of medium-duty trucks by the end of 2009 and stop production of large SUVs in 2010 or sooner." Any wonder why Obama let this place go? They're making the cars he hates: Trucks and SUVs. In October of 2008, before the election, Obama said, "As president, I will lead an effort to retool plants like the GM facility in Janesville so that we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow, and create good-paying jobs in Wisconsin and across America."

So he promised, in October 2008, that he would retool that plant, get rid of the trucks and the SUVs, and start making "the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow," like the Volt. Then, in December of 2008, "General Motors idled production of SUVs at the Janesville plant. The truck manufacturing continued. So in December 2008, it's open. In April of 2009, four months after Obama was immaculated, "GM shut down the production of the medium-size trucks." In April 2009, it's still open.

January 31st, a week or ten days after Obama is immaculated, it's open and producing trucks. He has promised to keep it open, to retool it to make whatever his efficiency cars are. So Ryan is right. The point is, Ryan's right. Ryan did not lie about anything. "In September 2011, more than two years after Obama was [immaculated], General Motors reiterated that Janesville is on a standby status. An automobile industry observer, David Cole, told the Milwaukee Journal, 'It would be premature to say that the plant will never reopen.'"

So it wasn't bulldozed. Manufacturing was ceased, but it was still there as a factory, perhaps to be reborn. Today, it has not been reborn. It has not been retooled. There are no fuel-efficient cars or SUVs or trucks being made at the plant. So Paul Ryan was dead-on right, as right as anybody can be. Obama was gonna save it with green technology. He was gonna save it with green energy! He was gonna turn it into a Solyndra. It just didn't happen. They're falling flat right on their faces trying to say Ryan lied about this.

Here's another excerpt, and this is about Obamacare...

RYAN: f everyone out of work stood in single file, that unemployment line would stretch at length the entire American continent. You would think that any president, whatever his party, would make job creation and nothing else his first order of economic business. But this president didn't do that. Instead, we got a long, divisive, all-or-nothing attempt to put the federal government in charge of health care.

• Like 1