Coffee Shop

Rheo

righteousmomma

Sr Woodchuck, LOVE the cartoon. Talk, talk , talk and say nothing but still be " brilliant" to certain liberal minded folks -- like the media

righteousmomma

You know Rush is the fastest 3 hours in radio and so 15 hour trips home are lessened by 3 hours. Yesterday:

http://www.rushlimba..._a_unique_fraud

RUSH: Folks, I want to talk a little bit here about Obama for a second in a universal kind of way. What we have here and what I knew was the case back on January 16th, 2009, when I said, "I hope he fails," I knew this was coming, 'cause I know liberals, and I heard enough of what Obama had said. We played the sound bites on this program from the early 2000s, and the things he had said on the campaign trail. It was patently obvious that he was just another radical liberal politician. It's all he was. I understand liberals, and I don't want them to succeed. The country suffers when liberals succeed. That is a belief that's embedded in my heart. It's never gonna change. Nobody's gonna change my mind on that because I don't lie to myself.Scissors-32x32.png

Obama the Great had ideas on how to improve the Constitution. Yes, enough of the Bill of Rights! Enough of all these "negative liberties." Enough of the Constitution, which told the government what it couldn't do. Barack Obama was brilliant and smart, and he knew that we needed a Constitution that spelled out what government could do -- ostensibly "for" us, but in reality "to" us. He would bring the parties together. He was "a citizen of the world." He could go to Cairo and make Osama Bin Laden convert to Judaism.

He could turn gay people straight, straight people gay, bi people whatever they wanted to be. He could do whatever anybody wanted to be done! He could make it possible. And it was gonna happen almost instantly after he was immaculated. We were lucky. We were oh-so lucky to have Barack Obama. Except that we weren't. As soon as he was elected, he started trotting out ideas that had failed in the 1930s. He brought back the Hillarycare that the country despised.Scissors-32x32.png

Social Justice Bans Bad Luck

Jonah Goldberg

6/22/12

If this isn’t Steynbait, I don’t know what is.

BRUSSELS — For most Europeans, almost nothing is more prized than their four to six weeks of guaranteed annual vacation leave. But it was not clear just how sacrosanct that time off was until Thursday, when Europe’s highest court ruled that workers who happened to get sick on vacation were legally entitled to take another vacation.

“The purpose of entitlement to paid annual leave is to enable the worker to rest and enjoy a period of relaxation and leisure,” the Court of Justice of the European Union, based in Luxembourg, ruled in a case involving department store workers in Spain. “The purpose of entitlement to sick leave is different, since it enables a worker to recover from an illness that has caused him to be unfit for work.”

(Snip)

And yes your head should be hurting right now.

Jerry Sandusky found guilty, happening now...

The jury is expected to announce the verdict after 9:45 p.m.

Jerry Sandusky found guilty, happening now...

The jury is expected to announce the verdict after 9:45 p.m.

found guilty on 45 counts

I really didn't follow the trial, but didn't the prosecutors give Sandusky a chance of a plea deal? He had to know he was toast.

Social Justice Bans Bad Luck

Jonah Goldberg

6/22/12

If this isn’t Steynbait, I don’t know what is.

BRUSSELS — For most Europeans, almost nothing is more prized than their four to six weeks of guaranteed annual vacation leave. But it was not clear just how sacrosanct that time off was until Thursday, when Europe’s highest court ruled that workers who happened to get sick on vacation were legally entitled to take another vacation.

“The purpose of entitlement to paid annual leave is to enable the worker to rest and enjoy a period of relaxation and leisure,” the Court of Justice of the European Union, based in Luxembourg, ruled in a case involving department store workers in Spain. “The purpose of entitlement to sick leave is different, since it enables a worker to recover from an illness that has caused him to be unfit for work.”

(Snip)

And yes your head should be hurting right now.

On the other hand (just to play the devil's advocate here), maybe there's something healthy about taking 4-6 weeks off from work. Maybe it shows a healthy attitude to what one does in life. Taking another vacation because you get sick on the one is stretching it a bit, however.

On the other hand (just to play the devil's advocate here), maybe there's something healthy about taking 4-6 weeks off from work. Maybe it shows a healthy attitude to what one does in life. Taking another vacation because you get sick on the one is stretching it a bit, however.

Well just to play the evil ultra radical right winger....that's insane. Very touchy-feely, I'm searching for myself.

pollyannaish

To play the...what's left?

Anyway I think people should be able to take as much vacation as they feel is right for them. I have no problem with that.

What I have a problem with any of

It being mandated by the government and paid for at their insistence.

I hated the fact that my last job didn't offer benefits like vacation. So it prompted me to become an entrepreneur so I can figure that out for myself. If that hadn't been the case I would have probably floundered away in a dead end job for years.

And I can have the lifestyle that works best for my family. It's not the vacation that is the issue...it's the entitlement.

@nickydog and @Valin

To play the...what's left?

Anyway I think people should be able to take as much vacation as they feel is right for them. I have no problem with that.

What I have a problem with any of

It being mandated by the government and paid for at their insistence.

Yup! This EU vacation mandate is one of the reasons unemployment is so high in Europe

Yup! This EU vacation mandate is one of the reasons unemployment is so high in Europe

When working in France at our European coeporate headquarters... I was shocked to see French government workers standing at the building entrance with clicker counters. They'd count the number and time of those entering and leaving to ensure no aggregate overtime was being worked. The company faced stiff fines if we were found guilty of working too much..

When working in France at our European coeporate headquarters... I was shocked to see French government workers standing at the building entrance with clicker counters. They'd count the number and time of those entering and leaving to ensure no aggregate overtime was being worked. The company faced stiff fines if we were found guilty of working too much..

The last two companies I worked for changed the vacation policy...to use it or lose it.