Wisconsin recall: a big deal for GOP conservatives, not just Scott Walker

Valin

mozartlover

Just got a phone message from a democrat congresswoman telling me to go vote NOW for Tom Barrett. "If you show up at the poll by 8:00 you CAN VOTE and don't let anybody tell you otherwise."

I'll be glad when these harassing phone calls stop.

• Like 1

mozartlover

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

"Tuesday’s exit polls depict a much closer recall race – 50% to 50% -- between Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Democrat Tom Barrett than pre-election polls did.

That doesn't mean that's where the margin will end up.

But right now the Walker-Barrett race is so close in the exit polling there appears little chance it will be called by media outlets until deep into the vote-counting.

Some notable patterns in the exit polling:

Union households are a larger slice of this electorate (33% of the vote Tuesday) than in 2010 (26%). That’s important because this group is voting even more heavily against Walker (64% to 35%), than it did in 2010.

Conservatives appears to be a smaller slice of this electorate (34% of 2012 voters) than in 2010 (when they made up 37% of the vote).

Walker has lost ground among independents since 2010. Independents voted 56% to 42% for Walker over Barrett in 2010, but favor him only by 50% to 49% in Tuesday’s exit polling.

Walker also appears to have lost ground among women. He lost women by three points, 48% to 51%, in 2010. But this time he is losing them by 12 points, 56% to 44%."

I feel sick.

clearvision

I certainly was hoping for a quick call. No matter what networks will drag it out as much as possible though.

clearvision

57% Walker 42% Barrett (only 1% in).... Of course all going to come down to a couple of cities.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

"Tuesday’s exit polls depict a much closer recall race – 50% to 50% -- between Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Democrat Tom Barrett than pre-election polls did.

That doesn't mean that's where the margin will end up.

But right now the Walker-Barrett race is so close in the exit polling there appears little chance it will be called by media outlets until deep into the vote-counting.

Some notable patterns in the exit polling:

Union households are a larger slice of this electorate (33% of the vote Tuesday) than in 2010 (26%). That’s important because this group is voting even more heavily against Walker (64% to 35%), than it did in 2010.

Conservatives appears to be a smaller slice of this electorate (34% of 2012 voters) than in 2010 (when they made up 37% of the vote).

Walker has lost ground among independents since 2010. Independents voted 56% to 42% for Walker over Barrett in 2010, but favor him only by 50% to 49% in Tuesday’s exit polling.

Walker also appears to have lost ground among women. He lost women by three points, 48% to 51%, in 2010. But this time he is losing them by 12 points, 56% to 44%."

I feel sick.

This not only makes me ill for our state, but implications for what may happen in Nov. depresses me enormously.

June 05, 2012 - 08:12PM CT

Wisconsin - 10 of 3424 Precincts Reporting - 0%

Walker , Scott (i) GOP

2,329 votes

57%

Barrett , Tom Dem

1,701 votes

42%

Trivedi , Hari Ind

29 votes

1%

mozartlover

With 10 precincts reporting (out of 3424) Walker up 57%-42%. But Kleefisch WAY down (63-37).

mozartlover

Barrett ahead in Dane (Madison) & Milwaukee counties (no surprise there.) Walker ahead BIG in Jefferson county (east of Dane). If same holds true in Waukesha Cty. that would be great (Milwaukee suburbs).

mozartlover

Geee! Check out Fond du Lac county! That's with 44% of the votes in!!!

All of the pro-Walker margins are huge!! Barrett in M & M not so much!!!

• Like 1

mozartlover

Milwaukee red at the moment, but with only 3% of the vote in and they haven't budged off of that in a while.

Kleefisch now has 58% (for Lt. Gov.) That's more like it.

..and I have no idea why I'm typing in italics and I can't turn them off........

righteousmomma

We are waiting expectantly. In the meantime watching Hannity. Love Stuart Varney. Greta says Palin on with her tonight. "Electrifying"