Andrew Breitbart Dies at 43

NCTexan

bighollywood.breitbart.comBigHollywood:

In Memoriam: Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012)

Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles.

We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.

Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.

It was also posted and confirmed as of 9:30am EST on Politico. (Not that Politico is a standard for veracity.)

I was sickened but not surprised by some of the "compassionate" liberal comments after the article.

Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us.

Home Is the Sailor

Home is the sailor, home from sea:

Her far-borne canvas furled

The ship pours shining on the quay

The plunder of the world.

Home is the hunter from the hill:

Fast in the boundless snare

All flesh lies taken at his will

And every fowl of air.

'Tis evening on the moorland free,

The starlit wave is still:

Home is the sailor from the sea,

The hunter from the hill.

A.E. Housman

• Like 1

Comments from the loving benevolent tolerant left....

This news made my day.

Good riddance to bad racist rubbish.

amitbarfs

BURN IN HELL BREITBART

skimaskcreepin

Gotta wonder if it was his vile heart that gave out on him is more like it.

spaceorbison

Andrew would be so happy about these remarks

LoriK reminded me about the videos that Andrew said he has of Obama in college that no one has seen. I hope they can still be released.

His poor wife, Susie and their 4 kids. Just sad.

saveliberty

From the NY POST

Conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart dead at 43

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Last Updated: 10:55 AM, March 1, 2012

Posted: 9:22 AM, March 1, 2012

More icon_print.gif Print

Scissors-32x32.pngLOS ANGELES — Conservative media publisher and activist Andrew Breitbart, who was behind investigations that led to the resignations of former Rep. Anthony Weiner of New York and former U.S. Agriculture Department official Shirley Sherrod, has died in Los Angeles. He was 43.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/conservative_commentator_andrew_yLgjFyZWn9KCKWNDTlgJSO#ixzz1nsqQo3wn

saveliberty

Hot Air

Breaking: RIP, Andrew Breitbart; Update: Collapsed while taking a walk near home

posted at 9:16 am on March 1, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Scissors-32x32.pngTerrible news from our friends at Big Journalism, confirmed by Ben Howe on Twitter:

Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles.

We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.

Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.

I can’t say that I knew Andrew well, but I knew him enough to know that we have lost a stalwart fighter. Andrew and I laughed together, debated together, occasionally disagreed together, and all of this passionately and memorably. Andrew could be many things, sometimes concurrently, but he could never be ignored.
Edited by saveliberty

saveliberty

Pajamas Media

Andrew Breitbart: A Whirlwind Dies

March 1, 2012 - 6:50 am - by Roger L Simon

Scissors-32x32.png

When a whirlwind dies, there is a sudden quiet. Los Angeles this morning is deathly silent.

Christian Adams doesn’t usually phone me at 6:20AM. What’s this, I thought grumpily, ringing him back on my iPhone. And now I sit hurriedly typing in my office where Andrew Breitbart, a man many years younger than I and twenty times more energetic, would sit with me half a dozen years ago or more when we we first met, typing out his end of the Drudge Report while gossiping non-stop and downing a soda.

saveliberty

Powerlineblog:

Posted on March 1, 2012 by John Hinderaker in Conservatism

Andrew Breitbart, RIP

Scissors-32x32.pngMy wife called this morning to relay the terrible news that Andrew Breitbart has died at age 43. Andrew’s death is a catastrophe for his young family, and a grave loss for the conservative movement. Andrew was one of perhaps three or four conservatives who could truly be described as irreplaceable.

Andrew will be remembered for his astonishing energy and his utter fearlessness. His creative approach to media and to activism in general made him a unique contributor to the conservative movement. Andrew was also very funny. I will never forget how, at CPAC last year, my then-fourteen year old daughter nearly fell off her chair with laughter as Andrew mimed how, on rollerblades, he took over a group of protesting leftists and diverted them to an Applebee’s restaurant.

saveliberty

National Review

The Corner

Andrew RIP

By Jonah Goldberg

Scissors-32x32.pngI walked out of the studio at Fox only to have a producer greet me at the door and tell me the wires were reporting Andrew had died. I walked around, dazed for a few minutes. A booker asked me if I could hang around for reaction. I said yes, foolishly. I went on. Bill Hemmer asked me some questions. I don’t really remember what I said. But I know I started to break down. They showed mercy and let me get off the air.

Andrew wasn’t anything like my best friend. But he was an old and special one. Back in the early days of National Review Online, even before we called it National Review Online, Andrew and I were buddies. It would be years before we’d meet in the flesh, but we would Instant Message (these were the AOL days) all the time and talk occasionally by phone. We were the same age (about a month apart), with very similar backgrounds, interests and senses of humor. His Instant Messager handle was “Bodiaz” and he was one of those names in my “buddies list” that was always there (the only other being more omnipresent was Kathryn’s), because he was always around. He was working for Matt Drudge and I was groping around trying to figure out where the fuse box was on this internet thing. He was a huge fan of NRO and helped in countless ways behind the scenes to help me and us when he could. When he was asked to create the Huffington Post, he based it in large part on the Corner.

well, this is awful news. So young and such a strong fighter for the "good causes". Thanks for thread/info @NYt