LIVE From CPAC 2012

Valin

Whew! Ok. Now I can take my fingers off the 911 Coronary Help Line.

BTW, I always turn off Ann too. I have for at least ten years. But mostly because she embarrasses me.

BTW, I always turn off Ann too. I have for at least ten years. But mostly because she embarrasses me.

Her act was cute when she first came on the scene, but that was a long time ago.

Her act was cute when she first came on the scene, but that was a long time ago.

I believe that would be an excellent example of "act your age." Young, pretty girls can get by with things the rest of us can't... especially as we age. Not fair I suppose, but that is life for you. ;)

‘Occupy CPAC’ protesters paid $60 for the day [VIDEO]

Protesters at Friday’s “Occupy CPAC” event, organized by AFL-CIO and the Occupy DC movement, told The Daily Caller that they were paid “sixty bucks a head” to protest outside the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C.

One protester told TheDC that all the “Occupy” activists were being paid to protest, and that his union, Sheet Metal Workers Local 100, approached him about the money-making opportunity.Scissors-32x32.png

Rumor on twitter has it that the unions will send 1500 protestors to protest Gov. Walker at CPAC tonight.

censored.gif

As I've said before they are going to do this at the wrong rally, and people are going to get hurt.

FULL TEXT: Gov. Scott Walker's remarks to CPAC

Scissors-32x32.png

When I ran for governor, I was part a job interview with the people of Wisconsin to see if they would hire me to be the CEO of their state

government. I told them that our state faced an economic and a fiscal crisis. Then, I told them what I’d do to fix it.

Once elected, I took swift action. Last year at this time, a reporter asked me why we were moving so fast. I said it’s simple: if you were

a CEO taking over a failing company, you wouldn’t wait a year or six months or even a month to take action; you’d start right away. That’s

what we did.

Scissors-32x32.png

Contrast that with my neighbor to the south. There is no greater example of the failed policies we are running against than the mess we

see in Illinois. Last year, Governor Quinn proudly proclaimed that they were not going to do things like Wisconsin. Clearly, they did not. Their actions only made matters worse.They raised taxes by 67% on individuals and 46% on businesses.

That might explain why they dropped 40 spots during the past five years onthe same poll that showed Wisconsin up 17 spots in one year alone.

Recently, Moody’s downgraded Illinois’ bond rating to the lowest in the nation. The Pew Center says Illinois’ pension system is the

worst-funded in the country. And their unemployment rate is 9.8%.

In contrast, Wisconsin’s budget was called “credit positive” by Moody’s and our pension system is fully funded for state employees.

Our unemployment rate is 7.1%.Scissors-32x32.png

More...it is just too good to miss..

One of those promises was to limit the size of government and to have the government serve the people - and not the other way around. I promised to empower the taxpayer - instead of a handful of big government union bosses.

Liberals find that hard to understand, which is why the President went after me on this issue last year.

So I responded to the President during my daily 5:00 pm press conference. My comments were simple, I said: “I’m sure that the President of the United States must know that most federal government employees do not have collective bargaining for wages and benefits. I’m sure he must know that. And I’m sure that the President must know that the average federal government employee is paying about 28% of their health insurance premium (which is double what I am asking state

and local employees to pay in Wisconsin.). Because I’m sure that the President of the United States is not getting his talking points from the big government union bosses in Washington.” That was the last we heard from the President on this matter - because the facts are on our side.

So let me be clear, Collective bargaining isn’t a right, it is an expensive entitlement. Once and for all, we are giving the taxpayers a voice in this debate. We put the power back in the hands of the people.

We are the ones looking out for the middle class. Who do think pays for the endless expansion of government? Its middle class taxpayers.

Our reforms protect middle class taxpayers.

Scissors-32x32.png

One of those promises was to limit the size of government and to have the government serve the people - and not the other way around.

I promised to empower the taxpayer - instead of a handful of big government union bosses. Liberals find that hard to understand, which is why the President went after me on this issue last year.

So I responded to the President during my daily 5:00 pm press conference. My comments were simple, I said: “I’m sure that the President of the United States must know that most federal government employees do not have collective bargaining for wages and benefits. I’m sure he must know that. And I’m sure that the President must know that the average federal government employee is paying about 28% of their health insurance premium (which is double what I am asking state and local employees to pay in Wisconsin.). Because I’m sure that the President of the United States is not getting his talking points from the big government union bosses in Washington.” That was the last we heard from the President on this matter - because the facts are on our side.

So let me be clear, Collective bargaining isn’t a right, it is an expensive entitlement. Once and for all, we are giving the taxpayers a voice in this debate. We put the power back in the hands of the people.

We are the ones looking out for the middle class. Who do think pays for the endless expansion of government? Its middle class taxpayers.

Our reforms protect middle class taxpayers.

This election is ultimately about courage. When we prevail, it will send a powerful message – not only in Madison but in Springfield and St. Paul; Columbus and Austin; and in state houses all across America.

Most of all, it will send a message in the halls of Congress. When we win, it will tell every politician in America that if you are bold, if you do the right thing, if you tackle the tough issues, there will be people standing there right with you.

And Lord help us if we lose. If we lose, I believe that it will set acts of courage in politics back at least a decade if not a generation. This is why we must not lose.

Bones is on on...BOOOOO

You don't like David Boreanaz?tongue.png

I have no idea who that is, but if he looks and sound like the bony blond babe I could.

This election is ultimately about courage. When we prevail, it will send a powerful message – not only in Madison but in Springfield and St. Paul; Columbus and Austin; and in state houses all across America.

Most of all, it will send a message in the halls of Congress. When we win, it will tell every politician in America that if you are bold, if you do the right thing, if you tackle the tough issues, there will be people standing there right with you.

And Lord help us if we lose. If we lose, I believe that it will set acts of courage in politics back at least a decade if not a generation. This is why we must not lose.

I read all of this and listened to Rubio. How is it we ended up with three candidates who can't articulate the same message. We've got Larry, Moe and Curly all trying to poke each other in the eye.

• Like 1

Bones is on on...BOOOOO
You don't like David Boreanaz?tongue.png

I have no idea who that is, but if he looks and sound like the bony blond babe I could.

David Boreanaz

Well I really like his taste in women.

I'm a man,

But I can change.

If I have to,

I guess.