LIVE From CPAC 2012

Valin

live_from_cpac_2012Townhall/Tipsheet:

Katie Pavlich

2/9/12

Believe it or not, 2012 is here, and today kicks off the 39th annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) at the Marriot Wardmam Hotel in Washington D.C. Over the next three days, conservative leaders from all over the country, grassroots activists, filmmakers, bloggers, college students, writers, reporters, politicians and more, will express and discuss ideas and formulate strategies about how to replace President Obama in November, while taking the country back to its conservative founding. CPAC is the largest annual gathering of conservatives.

Last year, CPAC attendance hit a record of 10,000. This year, it is expected 11,000 people will attend the conference, proving conservatism and the battle for small government ideas are alive and well. This year's schedule is packed with hard hitting speakers like Allen West, Sarah Palin, Reince Priebus, Scott Walker, Rand Paul, Michele Bachmann, Andrew Breitbart, Herman Cain, Bobby Jindal, Laura Ingraham and more. GOP presidential candidates will also speak at the event, surely in an effort to court conservative voters as the battle for the nomination rages on. CPAC is also an excellent opportunity for GOP candidates to speak with youth voters.

(Snip)

Occupiers, New Black Panther Members and Union Thugs Prepare To Assault Conservative Conference

The “Occupy DC” protest group is planning to disrupt the upcoming Conservative Political Action Conference using a range of potentially illegal tactics that could even include violence against participants.

Speakers will be physically assaulted, not just verbally confronted…Two Occupiers, who the source also identified as members of the New Black Panther Party, “said they would be disappointed if they didn’t get arrested and planned to ‘make it count.”

The source quoted another protester as saying, “Mitt Romney has Secret Service now, but Newt Gingrich and Andrew Breitbart don’t,” seemingly suggesting that the latter two would not be as heavily guarded.

An attendee of the Thursday meeting, who claimed to handle relations with labor organizations, said the AFL-CIO had booked rooms for Occupiers at the Marriott hotel, with the intention of allowing them to bypass security measures at the door.Scissors-32x32.png

Mitch McConnell takes aim at ‘liberal thugs’

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell plans to launch a fierce attack on the Obama administration and congressional Democrats, calling out “liberal thugs” for intimidating their opponents in the name of political expediency.

In a biting attack aimed at throwing red meat to a restive conservative base, McConnell will tell the Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday that the “liberal playbook” boils down to this: “Pick a target, freeze it, personalize it, and then polarize it.”

“But rarely have we seen those tactics employed with the kind of zeal that we see today. This White House and its lieutenants have made an art form out of the orchestrated attack,” the Kentucky Republican will say, according to excerpts provided to POLITICO.

“They’ve shown they’ll go after anybody or any organization that they think is standing in their way.”

Without singling him out directly by name, McConnell will point the finger at New York Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer for seeking public hearings into super PACs, saying he’s calling “law-abiding citizens before a congressional panel just because they happen to support causes that he doesn’t.”

He plans to add: “You know the drill. Expose these folks to public view, release the liberal thugs on them, and then hope the public pressure or the unwanted attention scares them from supporting similar causes down the road.”Scissors-32x32.png

In his remarks, McConnell will say that the government uses resources “to intimidate or silence” their critics,” and then he plans to renew his attacks on the administration’s controversial policies calling for faith-based organizations to offer contraceptives and other birth-control devices.

“These things demean the office of the president,” he will say. “They corrode our democracy. And they need to stop.”

I want Marco Rubio/Paul Ryan for President. Right now.

Please.

I'd be happy with this guy from Valin's image for President right now. Anything other than what we got.

lOktoberfestBottle.jpg

Please.

I'd be happy with this guy from Valin's image for President right now. Anything other than what we got.

lOktoberfestBottle.jpg

I'd even just take this...

turkey_brats1-150x150.jpg

Please.

lOktoberfestBottle.jpg

I'd even just take this...

turkey_brats1-150x150.jpg

The jokes could write themselves.....tongue.png

Today

10:25 Eastern time Rick Santorum

10:45 International Defender of Freedom Award – Recipient: His Excellency Václav Havel, Former

President of the Czech Republic (1936-2011) – Marriott Ballroom

Accepting on his behalf: His Excellency Petr Gandalovič, Ambassador of Czech Republic to the

United States

Presented by Al Cardenas, Chairman, the American Conservative Union

11:50 Ann Coulter, Best-Selling Author, Legal Correspondent for Human Events – Marriott Ballroom

OH BOY! Be Still My Beating Heart!

12:10 Mr. / Ms. Smith Come to Washington - War Stories from The 2010 Freshman Class

The Honorable Mike Pompeo (R-KS), United States Representative

The Honorable Ann Marie Buerkle (R-NY), United States Representative

The Honorable Tim Huelskamp (R-KS), United States Representative

The Honorable Steve Southerland (R-FL), United States Representative

Moderator: Cleta Mitchell, Chairman, the American Conservative Union Foundation, Partner,

Foley & Lardner, LLP

12:55 The Honorable Mitt Romney, Former Governor of Massachusetts

1:30 Does Hollywood Still Embrace American Exceptionalism?*

Steve Bannon, Filmmaker and Director, The Undefeated

Chuck Woolery, Co-Founder, Restart Congress, Game Show Host, “Wheel of Fortune” (1975-1984)

and “Love Connection” (1983 - 1994)

Ben Shapiro, President, Benjamin Shapiro Legal Consulting, Syndicated Columnist

Moderator: Dan Gagliasso, Award Winning Documentary Film Maker and Screenwriter

2:10 Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President, National Rifle Association – Marriott Ballroom*

2:30 Laura Ingraham, Host, "The Laura Ingraham Show," Best-Selling Author, and Fox News

Contributor

2:40 Defending Defense: Security Threats in 2012 - Iran, China, N. Korea & DoD Budget Cuts

The Honorable Asa Hutchinson, Senior Partner, Asa Hutchinson Law Group, PLC, Former U.S.

Representative, and Former Under Secretary of Homeland Security

Van Hipp, Jr., Chairman, American Defense International

Paul Saunders, Executive Director, Center for the National Interest

The Honorable Dov Zakheim, Former Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller)

Moderator: The Honorable Jim Talent, Distinguished Fellow, The Heritage Foundation

2:50 Obama vs. The Constitution: How a Harvard Law Graduate President Is Shredding the

Constitution

The Honorable Ed Meese III, Ronald Reagan Distinguished Fellow in Public Policy and Chairman

of the Center for Legal and Judicial Studies, The Heritage Foundation and Former Attorney

General of the United States

Carrie Severino, Chief Counsel and Policy Director, Judicial Crisis Network

Sheriff Paul Babeu, Pinal County, Arizona and Candidate for United States Congress

The Honorable George Allen, Former United States Senator

Moderator: J. Christian Adams, Former Justice Department Official and Author of Injustice:

Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department

4:10 The Honorable Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the House

4:40 Andrew Breitbart, Publisher Breitbart.com and Breitbart.tv

7:30 Ronald Reagan Banquet – Marriott Ballroom

Sponsored by Judicial Watch

Featured Speaker: The Honorable Scott Walker, Governor of Wisconsin

Introduced by: Reince Priebus, Chairman, Republican National Committee

Bones what's to know who we'll put our money on....then dumps on non Romney people.

I really really [bREALLY[/b] can't stand that....(expletive deleted)

@Valin! For the sake of your health...turn it off! (I have that reaction any time Obama comes on TV.)

:lol:

I did. There are very few people on our side I can't stand...she's one of them.