Coffee Shop- Open 24/7

Rheo

Why Ryan voted against balanced budget amendment

The House voted 261-165 on Friday to reject a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution. The vote fell short of the two-thirds majority needed to amend the Constitution.

Four House Republicans voted against the measure including conservative champion Rep. Paul Ryan. 25 Democrats voted with Republicans.

“I’m concerned that this version will lead to a much bigger government fueled by more taxes." said Paul Ryan in a statement to the Washington Examiner, "Spending is the problem, yet this version of the Balanced Budget Amendment makes it more likely taxes will be raised, government will grow, and economic freedom will be diminished. Without a limit on government spending, I cannot support this Amendment.”

Representiatives Justin Amash, David Dreier, Louie Gohmert were the other three Republicans who voted no on the measure.

Four House Republicans voted against the measure including conservative champion Rep. Paul Ryan. 25 Democrats voted with Republicans.

“I’m concerned that this version will lead to a much bigger government fueled by more taxes." said Paul Ryan in a statement to the Washington Examiner, "Spending is the problem, yet this version of the Balanced Budget Amendment makes it more likely taxes will be raised, government will grow, and economic freedom will be diminished. Without a limit on government spending, I cannot support this Amendment.”

Well Said! Starve the beast!

Well Said! Starve the beast!

I agree! STOP SPENDING!!

What's disappointing is that only 4 Republicans voted against it (and my Congressman wasn't one of them.... arrrrggghhhh).

Where are all the other so-called conservatives?

Where are all the Tea Partiers put into Congress in the mid-term elections?

Panetta Warns Israel on Consequences of Iran Military Strike

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said ahead of a meeting Friday with Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak that he would warn his Israeli counterpart about the global economic consequences of a military strike on Iran's nuclear program, adding that he still favors sanctions and diplomacy over a strike.

"To go beyond (sanctions and diplomacy) raises our concerns about the unintended consequences that could result. ... There are going to be economic consequences to that, that could impact not just on our economy but the world economy," Panetta told those travelling with him to Halifax, Canada.

Full Story Here

I think Israel is more concerned with their continued existence than a few economic issues.

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said ahead of a meeting Friday with Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak that he would warn his Israeli counterpart about the global economic consequences of a military strike on Iran's nuclear program, adding that he still favors sanctions and diplomacy over a strike.

"To go beyond (sanctions and diplomacy) raises our concerns about the unintended consequences that could result. ... There are going to be economic consequences to that, that could impact not just on our economy but the world economy," Panetta told those travelling with him to Halifax, Canada.

Full Story Here

I think Israel is more concerned with their continued existence than a few economic issues.

RandyM! Totally agree. That Panetta statement is a perfect example of everything Obowma & Progtards accuse previous administrations of doing......dictating other countries policies because of America's supposed profit motive.

What Panetta meant, was.....it could ruin Obowma's chances in November 2012, if an Israeli strike deteriorated our US economy faster than they've planned.

Full Story Here

RandyM! Totally agree. That Panetta statement is a perfect example of everything Obowma & Progtards accuse previous administrations of doing......dictating other countries policies because of America's supposed profit motive.

What Panetta meant, was.....it could ruin Obowma's chances in November 2012, if an Israeli strike deteriorated our US economy faster than they've planned.

Since "sanctions and diplomacy" have done little, if anything, to curb Iran's nuclear ambitions, I don't blame Israel one iota for wanting to take some form of action. Panetta and the "o" stand little chance of influencing them, considering the way the "o" has tried time and again to publicly embarrass them. I didn't like it when both GHW Bush and GW Bush tried to keep them on the leash, but at least they both showed Israel and its leaders respect.

WestVirginiaRebel

Young Barack Obama:

Via Daily Caller:

The president made this video some five years before running for a state Senate seat in Illinois. The script, which he either memorized or read from a teleprompter, concerned the accomplishments of Charles Hamilton Houston, the African-American lawyer who taught Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall.

Obama’s voice in 1991, far lower-pitched and more measured than what Americans are accustomed to in 2011, is only marginally recognizable.

WestVirginiaRebel

Leading senators: Kagan may have to recuse herself from health case

Top Republican senators said late Friday the Justice Department has been stonewalling their request for more information on Supreme CourtJustice Elena Kagan, and said her previous work as solicitor general “may satisfy both requirements for recusal” from the upcoming health-care case.

The senators, led by Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, are demanding Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. comply with requests for more documents about Justice Kagan’s role in planning the administration’s defense, and said unless he provides the information it could undermine confidence in the court’s eventual ruling on the case.

“President Obama chose to nominate a member of his administration to the Supreme Court knowing it was likely that, if confirmed, she would be in a position to rule on his signature domestic policy achievement,” said the four senators, who also included Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl of Arizona; Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, the ranking Republican on the Judiciary Committee; and Sen. Mike Lee of Utah.

That was before he mastered his "street talk" in order to build up his "street cred".... plus in all likelihood he was smoking like a chimney, which would tend to make his voice sound deeper ...

There is a better chance that I get elected President (though not born in the US), than there is for Kagan to recuse herself. She was appointed precisely so she would vote on this law (and other leftist trash.)

Nothing short of impeachment, trial and removal from the bench can prevent her from voting to uphold this Marxist monstrosity ...

PJ Media: Frank J. Fleming Makes the Case for Obama’s Greatness

Frank J. Fleming

11/17/11

Frank J. Fleming is one of the most brilliant writers in existence. Some call him the defining conservative voice of our generation. Others call him the defining conservative voice of all time. Still others get angry at him, as they’re easily confused by satire. Whatever you say about him, you have to agree that his unique columns and witty blogging are the pinnacle of man’s ability to put words together in sentences and are probably what will be used to define our civilization when the remains of it are dug up by aliens or ape-men. It’s really hard for me to be objective when writing about Fleming because he’s just so awesome. Women want him, men want to be him, dogs want to be pet by him, cats… well, they hiss at him. You can’t trust those creatures.

So there was probably no one more excited than I was when I learned he was going to have an ebook published by HarperCollins. But then I saw the title: Obama: The Greatest President in the History of Everything. Was Fleming really going to argue for President Obama? What kind of cruel joke was this? My world was shattered.

But then I got a hold of myself and said, “Remember, we’re talking about Frank Fleming… and not just any Frank Fleming — Frank J. Fleming. Obviously, he knows what he’s doing.” And then it became apparent to me why he wrote this book. Fleming could easily have written a book called Obama: Not Very Good at This Whole President Thing. In it he’d go on about how Barack Obama is an arrogant idiot with no useful skills who is completely in over his head and should probably write a big letter of apology to the whole country, resign, and exile himself to the far north regions of Canada, never to be heard from again. It would be rather predictable. Still, because Fleming wrote it, it would undoubtedly be one of the greatest books in the English language and well worth your money, but it wouldn’t be the best book he could write.

Opening excerpt:

It’s hard to remember the dark days before 2008. It was a time of hatred, racism, violence, obese children, war, untaxed rich people, and incandescent light bulbs — perhaps the worst days we had ever seen. And at the heart of it all was a thuggish, thoughtless man, George W. Bush, who lashed out angrily at whatever he didn’t understand — and he understood so very little. Then there was that laugh of his — that horrible snicker that mocked everything intelligent and nuanced. Also, he looked like a chimp.

It seemed like the end for the United States of America. We would crumble in the hands of vicious, superstitious dimwits determined to hunt “ter’ists” or other figments of Bush’s rotten mind. There was nothing left to do but head to Whole Foods to prepare our organic, sustainable, fair-trade last meal as the country ended around us. Despair had overtaken us, and we wondered aloud whether we could ever feel hope again.

And then a man emerged who firmly answered, “Yes we can!”

Oh, but Barack Obama was no mere man. He was a paragon of intelligence and civilized society. A savior to the world’s depressed. A lightbringer. A genius thinking thoughts the common man could never hope to comprehend. And his words — his beautiful words read from crystal panes — reached down to our souls and told us all would be well. With the simple act of casting a ballot for Barack Obama, we could make the world an immeasurably better place — a world of peace, of love, of understanding, of unicorns, of rainbows, of expanded entitlements. This was his promise. And now, having had him as president for more than two years, we can say without reservation that he has delivered all his promises and more and is the best president this country — or any country — has ever had or could even imagine to have.

Now I could be wrong but I am detecting just a hint of sarcasm in this.

H/T Michael Medved

PJ Media: Frank J. Fleming Makes the Case for Obama’s Greatness

Frank J. Fleming

11/17/11

Frank J. Fleming is one of the most brilliant writers in existence. Some call him the defining conservative voice of our generation. Others call him the defining conservative voice of all time. Still others get angry at him, as they’re easily confused by satire. Whatever you say about him, you have to agree that his unique columns and witty blogging are the pinnacle of man’s ability to put words together in sentences and are probably what will be used to define our civilization when the remains of it are dug up by aliens or ape-men. It’s really hard for me to be objective when writing about Fleming because he’s just so awesome. Women want him, men want to be him, dogs want to be pet by him, cats… well, they hiss at him. You can’t trust those creatures.

So there was probably no one more excited than I was when I learned he was going to have an ebook published by HarperCollins. But then I saw the title: Obama: The Greatest President in the History of Everything. Was Fleming really going to argue for President Obama? What kind of cruel joke was this? My world was shattered.

But then I got a hold of myself and said, “Remember, we’re talking about Frank Fleming… and not just any Frank Fleming — Frank J. Fleming. Obviously, he knows what he’s doing.” And then it became apparent to me why he wrote this book. Fleming could easily have written a book called Obama: Not Very Good at This Whole President Thing. In it he’d go on about how Barack Obama is an arrogant idiot with no useful skills who is completely in over his head and should probably write a big letter of apology to the whole country, resign, and exile himself to the far north regions of Canada, never to be heard from again. It would be rather predictable. Still, because Fleming wrote it, it would undoubtedly be one of the greatest books in the English language and well worth your money, but it wouldn’t be the best book he could write.

Opening excerpt:

It’s hard to remember the dark days before 2008. It was a time of hatred, racism, violence, obese children, war, untaxed rich people, and incandescent light bulbs — perhaps the worst days we had ever seen. And at the heart of it all was a thuggish, thoughtless man, George W. Bush, who lashed out angrily at whatever he didn’t understand — and he understood so very little. Then there was that laugh of his — that horrible snicker that mocked everything intelligent and nuanced. Also, he looked like a chimp.

It seemed like the end for the United States of America. We would crumble in the hands of vicious, superstitious dimwits determined to hunt “ter’ists” or other figments of Bush’s rotten mind. There was nothing left to do but head to Whole Foods to prepare our organic, sustainable, fair-trade last meal as the country ended around us. Despair had overtaken us, and we wondered aloud whether we could ever feel hope again.

And then a man emerged who firmly answered, “Yes we can!”

Oh, but Barack Obama was no mere man. He was a paragon of intelligence and civilized society. A savior to the world’s depressed. A lightbringer. A genius thinking thoughts the common man could never hope to comprehend. And his words — his beautiful words read from crystal panes — reached down to our souls and told us all would be well. With the simple act of casting a ballot for Barack Obama, we could make the world an immeasurably better place — a world of peace, of love, of understanding, of unicorns, of rainbows, of expanded entitlements. This was his promise. And now, having had him as president for more than two years, we can say without reservation that he has delivered all his promises and more and is the best president this country — or any country — has ever had or could even imagine to have.

Now I could be wrong but I am detecting just a hint of sarcasm in this.

H/T Michael Medved

Just a hint.... ;)

FoxieNews Debbie

PLEASE Pass this on! Tonight's GOP Debate will be ONLINE ONLY 4-6 pm Watch Here: politi.co/vDGc8P Moderator is @FrankLuntz

LOL, no one wants to miss another debate.

theblaze TheBlaze.com

Police: Fake Doctor Injected Cement, Super Glue Into Woman’s Buttocks for Enhancement Procedure tblz.us/7z39o via @theblaze

I guess the expression 'get the lead out' is now passe.

Debate is going good, shades of Lincoln/Douglas.

Debate

Talk amongst yourselves. :D

These personal stories are really good...makes them real people.

Wow, the Paulbots are out in force

Debate is going good, shades of Lincoln/Douglas.

Debate

Really liked what Newt said about war and Iran.

Without bells and whistles going off every 60 seconds they all had time to express themselves. I may not have been listening carefully, but I thought even Paul sounded good. Didn't even miss Mitt either.

Just an aside, could you imagine Boehner answering some of the questions? Flood warning!!!