Republican debate live thread-8pm ET

Rheo

It will be a battle of getting out the vote, as I think a lot of people would stay home. But I think Mitt could beat him, unless we have an economic miracle before Nov. 2012.

The miracle would be nice for all of us, but with the dictator and czars in power, don't see that happening.

Can Romney win against Obama?

If I can picture the two of them debating in my mind, I think he would bury him. I mean he can actually talk without a teleprompter!!!

I wonder how many debates Obama will agree to? He hates having the responsibility of explaining his decisions.

If I can picture the two of them debating in my mind, I think he would bury him. I mean he can actually talk without a teleprompter!!!

I think Mitt could do it as well. Much better than McCain did. Not saying much.

Crazy wild ride ahead.

I wonder how many debates Obama will agree to? He hates having the responsibility of explaining his decisions.

TOTUS has agreed to all and Obama will have to check his golf and vacation schedule.

WestVirginiaRebel

Overall I think Mitt, Cain and Newt were the winners. I especially liked Mitt's response on religion. Mitt held his own and, for better or worse, looked more presidential for doing so.

I think it will be either him or Cain for the nomination.

I just saw replay of two attacks on Romney, and then he flat denies it and then wants the last word. I did not like that part. One was the cheap shot on illegals (I don't know if true or not) and then on health care in his book and evidently he has changed the book at some point to say it should not be used for the country.

I think Mitt held it, Perry sunk like a ship, Cain started strong and got a little washed out after all the fruit salad.

I do like a lot of what Paul has to say. Don't think he'll win, but they need to take his good ideas and quit mocking him.

Bachmann had some good comments.

Once again, I think Newt answered everything right.

I think Mitt held it, Perry sunk like a ship, Cain started strong and got a little washed out after all the fruit salad.

I do like a lot of what Paul has to say. Don't think he'll win, but they need to take his good ideas and quit mocking him.

Bachmann had some good comments.

Once again, I think Newt answered everything right.

Again, good and accurate summation.

I am one of the worst offenders of mocking Paul....even though I like his ideas.

Wow, did we all watch the same debate as the Media last night? TV and print are saying Perry was back :blink: and that Cain sunk?? There MUST have been two debates last night cause that was not the one I saw!!!

Wow, did we all watch the same debate as the Media last night? TV and print are saying Perry was back :blink: and that Cain sunk?? There MUST have been two debates last night cause that was not the one I saw!!!

;) The harder they try, the bigger they fail. Don't worry, Geee!

The MSM wants to choose our candidate for us. :angry:

;) Nickydog! They can try all they want, but Martha Coakley still lost to Scott Brown.

I just saw replay of two attacks on Romney, and then he flat denies it and then wants the last word. I did not like that part. One was the cheap shot on illegals (I don't know if true or not) and then on health care in his book and evidently he has changed the book at some point to say it should not be used for the country.

The story on the illegals. Mitt employed someone from his church. He was a legal alien. The church member had a service.

Mitt found out that the church member employed illegals. He told him to stop. Church member told him he would.

Later Mitt found out it wasn't changed, so he fired the Church member.

Bad news is that Mitt said that he couldn't hire illegals because he was running for office.

Now I'm Really confused about 999.

Me, too. I may actually have to go to his website. The apples and oranges didn't work for me either.

Hi shoutGeee and shoutNickydog, Arthur Laffer explains the 9-9-9 plan in today's Wall Street Journal.