Republican debate live thread-8pm ET

Rheo

WestVirginiaRebel

Everybody runs from the 14th. LOL.

I don't think it can or will be repealed. Under this logic, Bobby Jindal and Marco Rubio wouldn't be allowed to run for President, for example.

My theory is that one of the ticket must have some 'inside DC' experience. A House or Senate member who knows how the system works and can work with it.

WestVirginiaRebel

Wow. Perry is really blowing it.

So far Romney and Cain sound like the adults.

Santorum talks about the inportance of faith and family values.

My theory is that one of the ticket must have some 'inside DC' experience. A House or Senate member who knows how the system works and can work with it.

Hence my choice for Newt as VP.

So I like Cain/Newt, Romney/Newt, Romney/Cain.

The nominee will not want any one as sharp and independent as Cain for VP

Does that explain Biden :lol:

Nothing explains Biden.

Perry is really a sarcastic ass sometimes.

Some of these guys can be sarcastic in an amusing way, he sounds caustic. Does not make him look good at all!

Biden is Obama's insurance policy.

Would Newt be happy as the VP? If he couldn't be president, he may not play well. Maybe they could create a new cabinet member, Secretary of Ideas and give him the power to implement them or at least get them voted on in the Congress.

Perry is really a sarcastic ass sometimes.

Some of these guys can be sarcastic in an amusing way, he sounds caustic. Does not make him look good at all!

True and it does not.

Would Newt be happy as the VP? If he couldn't be president, he may not play well. Maybe they could create a new cabinet member, Secretary of Ideas and give him the power to implement them or at least get them voted on in the Congress.

A Cheney style VP might work for him if he is given enough responsibility!

That is exactly how I see him! How is he with a gun?

That is exactly how I see him! How is he with a gun?

:lol:

Wow, Perry is erect for this. Santorum and Romney are the only sing alongs.

Yes, I've noticed his posture, too. He looks like someone put him in a military brace --chest up, shoulders back.

Edited to add: Fortunately he couldn't maintain it for 2 hours and finally relaxed into a more normal stance.

One of the good things about Cheney was that he did not want to be President. I fear Newt would be running all of the time and maybe undermining Mitt.