Candidate - Michele Bachmann

Geee

pollyannaish
“She has terrible migraine headaches. And they put her out of commission for a day or more at a time. They come out of nowhere, and they’re unpredictable,” says an adviser to Bachmann who was involved in her 2010 congressional campaign. “They level her. They put her down. It’s actually sad. It’s very painful.”

Migraines are horrible. I feel for her. I have a couple friends who get them and suffer terribly. Stress is not a factor with either of them but hormones and age play a huge roll. I used to have ocular migraines and stress never triggered them but lights certainly did. Hopefully aging will cure hers as they did mine.

Mine stopped after my first pregnancy.

Mine stopped after I became pregnant with my son and started up again when I was pregnant with my daughter. I've had them very occasionally since then.

They are HORRIBLY debilitating and for me, nothing would work but lying very still in a very dark, silent room with a cold washcloth over my eyes. I only had one that lasted more than a day, but man they can be bad.

In any case, this article is a hit piece pure and simple. It is designed to create an image of a weak, pathetic woman who can't handle stress and spends her time with her hand to her forehead.

I swear, the press is really brutal to GOP women.

Can Michele Bachmann Withstand the Attacks?

Because she leads the pack of GOP presidential contenders in Iowa, Michele Bachmann has been attacked on all fronts.

The mainstream media has attacked her husband’s controversial “gay therapy” clinics that received federal taxpayer dollars.

Those on the left have accused Bachmann of being a lightweight demagogue who is insensitive toward gays.

And those on the right have expressed their irritability at someone who they accuse mugs for the cameras while lacking a record of significant legislative accomplishments.

And last night, The Daily Caller published a story that detailed Bachmann’s history of nearly debilitating migraines and her alleged dependence on pills to remedy the panic-induced migraines.

In addition, fellow presidential candidates such as businessman Herman Cain and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty have drawn sharp contrasts with Bachmann. For Cain and Pawlenty, drawing these contrasts is a matter of survival -- they need to peel away Bachmann's supporters in order to establish momentum for their campaigns.

Cain, on Fox News Sunday, said that though he and Bachmann were close on the issues, that he has had more “direct hands-on problem solving experience” in the private sector than Bachmann has had.

“The difference is my problem solver as a business executive,” Cain said. “That is where I have stronger credentials than literally many of the other candidates.”

Indeed, Cain turned around businesses many thought did not have a chance at making a profit, and his experience in the private sector exposes Bachmann's sparse record in that arena.

Two weeks ago on "Meet the Press," Pawlenty compared his record with Bachmann’s by saying:

Her record of accomplishment in Congress is non-existent. It’s non-existent. So, we’re not looking for folks who just have a speech capability. We’re looking for people who can lead a large enterprise in a public setting and drive it to conclusion. I’ve done that. She hasn’t.

Despite these attacks, Bachmann still leads in Iowa. She still has a fervent base of fans who rally behind her because she has come down on the right side on issues conservatives care deeply about. Further, unlike some of the more bland candidates in the race, Bachmann is blunt and willing to speak her mind. All these qualities, in addition to her life’s story, have allowed her to leapfrog the competition to the front of the polls in Iowa and establish herself as a serious contender behind former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.

But what if these attacks slowly chip away at her numbers?snip

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=44948

Liberals Launch Christian Witch Trial

Break out the pitchforks and light the torches! The leftist media is in the midst of launching a modern day version of the Salem Witch Trials. Except this time the target isn't those who blaspheme against the Christian religion, but rather those who practice it. The inquisition began almost two weeks ago when Diane Sawyer and her ABC World News Tonight team christened a very provocative and alarming "investigation" into the beliefs of Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann and her husband, Dr. Marcus Bachmann.

Leading the charge was correspondent Brian Ross, who ominously set the stage: "Operating out of suburban Minneapolis, Dr. Bachmann runs a Christian counseling firm, co-owned with his wife, that at times, according to former patients, has tried to convert gay men into heterosexuals through prayer." ABC then dug up a disgruntled former patient who confirmed this shocking news by whining, "His path for my therapy would be to read the Bible, and pray to God that I would no longer be gay."

Later that same week, former Clinton aide-turned-CNN contributor Paul Begala appeared on Anderson Cooper's program to crank the hysteria up a notch, demanding, "She should be asked about this theory. She's a candidate for president. One out of 10 Americans is gay. She should be asked if she wants to lead a country where at least 10 percent of us are gay or lesbian, does she believe in this crackpot, bigoted theory that somehow there's something to be repaired in our brothers and sisters and sons and daughters who happen to be born gay?" Begala may not be much of a political mind, but he's got the demagoguery thing down pat.

Besides the junk research that hacks like Begala use to advance their cause (the outrageous 10 percent number has been debunked for decades), there are three important observations for reasoned minds to take from this media-generated scandal. First, the hypocrisy. snip

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/07/liberals_launch_christian_witch_trials.html

Mudslinging at the Bachmanns

Michele Bachmann gives me a headache.

But it’s not the Minnesota congresswoman herself who is to blame for the pain. It’s so many of the stories about her and her husband.

See or hear her name these days and you will probably be in for some head-pounding disappointment from the story that follows. But if it was about the former governor of Minnesota worming his way out of a comment that was beneath him, at least that was an improvement over the week before and the outrageous “You’re so gay” dance led by MSNBC. (If only it were The Last Word.)

That’s right. We’re still months away from the first caucuses and primaries of the presidential nominating season, and already things have gotten way out of control. Accusations that Bachmann is heavily medicated on account of incapacitating headaches were just the latest attempts to nip her candidacy in the bud.

The attack started with a story on The Daily Caller quoting a former aide, who insisted: “The migraines are so bad and so intense, she carries and takes all sorts of pills. Prevention pills. Pills during the migraine. Pills after the migraine, to keep them under control. She has to take these pills wherever she goes.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/272608/mudslinging-bachmanns-kathryn-jean-lopez

• 3 weeks later...

How Loyal Are Bachmann Supporters?

JOHN MCCORMACK

8//13/11

Ames, Iowa

Michele Bachmann scored a victory today at the Ames GOP presidential straw poll that confirmed her position as the front-runner in Iowa. But just how deep does support for the Minnesota congresswoman run? While Bachmann certainly has a reputation for drawing intense and loyal support from Tea Partiers and evangelicals, almost all of the Bachmann supporters I spoke to today in Ames said they weren't certain to support her in the Iowa caucuses.

(Snip)

"She's not my final choice, she's my present choice," Iowa voter Roger Peterson said of Bachmann. He said he wants to see how the field develops before February.

(Snip)

"We've liked Michele about as long as MSNBC has been knocking her. So we figured, okay she's got something going for her because they really hate her," said Judy Taylor of Spencer, Iowa. "I do like Rick Perry a lot," she added, but she'd "have to know more about him." That remark--"I need to know more about him"--was almost the universal response from Ames voters I talked to about Rick Perry.

(Snip)

There are certainly die-hard Bachmann supporters out there in the world, but, for what it's worth, they just weren't found among the the twenty or so Bachmann voters I spoke to in Ames today. That's not to say that Bachmann's supporters were more ambivalent about their candidate than Santorum voters or Cain voters or Pawlenty voters. But the sentiment among almost all straw poll voters I interviewed (at least the ones who didn't vote for Ron Paul) was one of less than total commitment.

• 5 weeks later...

Rush: Bachmann Might Have Jumped The Shark With Her Mentally Retarded Claims

Another RINO joins the establishment.

What we really need to beat Obama is a candidate who peddles all sorts of fringe-y positions, and who either reports, without checking, or simply makes up stories about fringe-y paranoids' daughters getting a dose of late-onset mental retardation.

Call me crazy, but shouldn't "Doctor" Bachmann have a little bit of skepticism about a claim that a 12 year old girl became mentally retarded after a vaccination?

Ah well, any political club will do for the candidate whose only executive experience was as a tax collector for the IRS, a woman who began running for president months after she first ran for Congress (and served without distinction as a back-bencher of little influence), a woman who's always had a bucket-full of clawing ambition and a thimble-full of actual qualification.

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.

Ed Rollins

From the comments section....."That is one very nasty little man. This isn't the first time he's smeared a client. Michele should have known better than to choose him."

I recall Hugh Hewitt talking about what a snake this guy is, and that he always turns on those he worked for.

Yep, Ed Rollins is a snake in the grass, and hiring him was probably Bachmann's big mistake. He worked for Ross Perot and has a long record of treachery.

I still feel sorry for Bachmann, although I support Perry - her campaign is imploding and another mistake she made was with her HPV comments. She's done.

I'm not sure yet whether I would vote for Bachmann in the primaries (assuming she's still around)... just haven't made up my mind on anyone yet.

But it's apparent the MSM hates her. I saw an AP blurb in my local paper today that started out, "As food safety officials undertake wider testing for potentially deadly E. coli in meat, Republican presidential candidate Michelle Bachmann says that regulations are overburdening food producers." ...and yada, yada, yada, more of the same.

Of course, the unwritten theme of the article screamed, 'Bachmann doesn't care about deadly E. coli being in your meat!!!' and 'Bachmann willing to let you die!!!' and 'Bachmann always votes against food safety!!!'

Ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

More top aides to Republican Michele Bachmann are quitting her presidential campaign, raising questions about the viability of her White House bid.

The major departures are pollster Ed Goeas and senior adviser Andy Parrish. They were confirmed Monday by an adviser who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss personnel moves. Bachmann's spokeswoman didn't immediately return messages.

Parrish is returning to the Minnesota congresswoman's office where he was chief of staff. He moved to Iowa this summer to build support before the state's leadoff caucuses.

Bachmann's deputy press secretary also transferred back to the congressional office. So has her scheduler.

Last month, Bachmann's campaign manager and his deputy stepped down within weeks of her Iowa GOP straw poll victory.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/10/03/national/a145132D11.DTL#ixzz1Zl7HxdGz

Rheo shout cudjo shout

I said right from the start that, she had no chance of winning.

I couldn't figure out why she was running, unless it was to promote her name.

Rheo shout cudjo shout

I said right from the start that, she had no chance of winning.

I couldn't figure out why she was running, unless it was to promote her name.

Speaking of promoting name... Cain now has a book coming out and is going to spend alot of time on book tour the next month.... Wonder if that was his plan and then things sort of took off the past few weeks.

I've never really thought Cain or Bachman had a chance.

Agree....but times have changed, I now think Herman has a shot. I would not bet any money that he will win the nomination, but he now has a shot.

• 3 weeks later...

More top aides to Republican Michele Bachmann are quitting her presidential campaign, raising questions about the viability of her White House bid.

The major departures are pollster Ed Goeas and senior adviser Andy Parrish. They were confirmed Monday by an adviser who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss personnel moves. Bachmann's spokeswoman didn't immediately return messages.

Parrish is returning to the Minnesota congresswoman's office where he was chief of staff. He moved to Iowa this summer to build support before the state's leadoff caucuses.

Bachmann's deputy press secretary also transferred back to the congressional office. So has her scheduler.

Last month, Bachmann's campaign manager and his deputy stepped down within weeks of her Iowa GOP straw poll victory.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/10/03/national/a145132D11.DTL#ixzz1Zl7HxdGz

FYI

RCP: Bachmann Staff Resignations Show Latest Internal Discord

10/21/11

Multiple news outlets reported Friday that the majority of Michele Bachmann's New Hampshire staff has resigned en masse, another troubling sign for a struggling campaign that had already seen several prominent defections.

Adding injury to insult, Bachmann appeared to be among the last to know about the sudden departure of at least four of her aides in the first-in-the-nation primary state.

(Snip)

But Bachmann’s senior New Hampshire adviser, Jeff Chidester, confirmed his own resignation from the campaign to the New Hampshire Union-Leader, as well as the departures of at least three other staffers in the state, one of whom has already joined the Rick Perry campaign.

(Snip)

• 1 month later...

Michele Bachmann intro music: Lyin' what?!

From Politico

The folks at CLICK picked up on a story that's getting some buzz, about the music played when Michele Bachmann walked onto Jimmy Fallon's talk show set last night: "Lyin' Ass Bitch."

The song, by Fishbone, was strummed by the "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" house band The Roots, Spin Magazine first reported.

As CLICK noted, Roots drummer Questlove tweeted in advance of the show airing, "aight late night walkon song devotees: you love it when we snark: this next one takes the cake. ask around cause i aint tweeting title.” Fallon, for his part, tweeted today: "@questlove is grounded."

Bachmann has infrequently talked about getting different treatment as a female candidate (an exception being her recent dust-up with CBS News' John Dickerson about the network's debate). Another female politician, Sarah Palin, spoke more often about the biases she felt she was exposed to as a conservative woman from the press.

It's not clear exactly why Questlove went this route. But it's safe to say that had Hillary Clinton walked onto the Fallon set - or any other talk show's set - to "Lyin' Ass Bitch," there would be an outcry from the left. And Bachmann would be within her rights to complain on this.

//End//

Another show that I have never seen to add to my list of 'don't bother'.

Debate Flashback: When Bachmann Supported A Non-Deportation Approach To Illegal Immigration

Congresswoman Bachmann appears to be conveniently forgetting her own views on immigration in order to score political points. During the presidential debate at the Reagan Library on September 7, she said she won't deport all 11 million illegal immigrants here in the United States.

[Full transcript]

Sounds almost identical to Newt's position.....(Snip)

The Internet never forgets.

• 2 weeks later...
WestVirginiaRebel

Michele Bachmann Says no to Trump Moderated Debate

Michele Bachmann’s campaign tells The Brody File that she will NOT attend the Newsmax debate moderated by Donald Trump on December 27th. Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman have also declined. That leaves Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum as the only ones who have said they will attend. A Lincoln/Douglas debate anyone?

Bachmann is mightily busy in Iowa where she must pull off a top three finish to remain viable. The Brody File has said that Bachmann’s organizational strength among pastors and homeschoolers gives her the real shot at doing very well in Iowa.

In addition, some new polling by Public Policy Polling shows her picking up steam. Herman Cain’s exit from the race has helped her so anyone counting her out would be making a big mistake. Plus, don’t forget more than 60 percent of Iowa voters haven’t decided who they’re voting for yet.

Michele Bachmann Says no to Trump Moderated Debate

Michele Bachmann’s campaign tells The Brody File that she will NOT attend the Newsmax debate moderated by Donald Trump on December 27th. Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman have also declined. That leaves Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum as the only ones who have said they will attend. A Lincoln/Douglas debate anyone?

Bachmann is mightily busy in Iowa where she must pull off a top three finish to remain viable. The Brody File has said that Bachmann’s organizational strength among pastors and homeschoolers gives her the real shot at doing very well in Iowa.

In addition, some new polling by Public Policy Polling shows her picking up steam. Herman Cain’s exit from the race has helped her so anyone counting her out would be making a big mistake. Plus, don’t forget more than 60 percent of Iowa voters haven’t decided who they’re voting for yet.

Good. As far as I know it's Gingrich and Santorum that have said they'll be on it.

I mean it's Donald Trump...give me a break.