Candidate- Mitt Romney

Geee

Wonder why Move On didn't identify the worker nor the steel mill in question? Didn't say when it happened, but most mills in America are shutting down. Can't compete with China. Even Beth Steel went out of business because they couldn't compete. I think U.S.Steel may be the last still operating.

Found the story on Kansas Steel here. Bain loaded it up with debt. Put in poor management. The mill didn't stand a chance before or after Bain. Bain may have even stretched it's life a little longer. Again, the entire industry was failing.

The story linked to is interesting.

Mitt Romney (FB)

If you do not want America to be the strongest nation on Earth, I am not your President. You have that President today.

---

Had to hit Like for this one.

Wonder why Move On didn't identify the worker nor the steel mill in question? Didn't say when it happened, but most mills in America are shutting down. Can't compete with China. Even Beth Steel went out of business because they couldn't compete. I think U.S.Steel may be the last still operating.

Found the story on Kansas Steel here. Bain loaded it up with debt. Put in poor management. The mill didn't stand a chance before or after Bain. Bain may have even stretched it's life a little longer. Again, the entire industry was failing.

The story lined to is interesting.

That doesn't make Bain look good. Of course that is one side of the story

More Conservative Than You Think

The new Mitt Romney.

FRED BARNES

Jan 16, 2012

Newt Gingrich says Mitt Romney is a “timid Massa-chu---setts moderate.” Gingrich is two for three on his rival for the Republican presidential nomination. Romney, or at least his campaign, is a bit timid. And he is from Massachusetts. But moderate, no. Romney is more conservative than most people think and Gingrich is willing to admit.

Gingrich could just as accurately have used a variety of words besides “timid” to characterize Romney’s style and strategy. Among them: muted, cautious, understated, safe, restrained, risk-averse. But “timid” suggests cowardice and probably serves Gingrich’s political purposes better.

One only has to think back to New Jersey governor Chris Christie’s campaign in 2009 to understand what Romney may be up to. Christie acted like a mushy moderate but has governed like a hell-for-leather conservative. He figured if he revealed his intention to cut spending and taxes and neutralize the teachers’ union, he wouldn’t get elected. I suspect Romney is doing something similar.

We won’t know for certain unless Romney is elected president. But in recent weeks, he’s begun to sound more conservative. Unlike most of his Republican opponents, Romney has declined to offer a specific plan for reforming the tax code. At a town hall gathering last week in Salem, however, he talked up the idea of simplifying the system, broadening the tax base, and slashing tax rates—alas, tax reform at the idea stage.

For now, he’s sticking to his modest plan featuring tax cuts for the middle class. He would wipe out taxes on capital gains, dividends, and savings for those earning less than $200,000. He says those making more are doing fine and don’t need fresh tax breaks. But his next step, as president, would be to extend a version of that tax cut to the well-to-do to spur investment, economic growth, and job creation.

(Snip)

Interesting opinion piece Valin! Thanks for posting.

While Romney may not be my dream candidate (I haven't found one yet)... I don't fear him in office like some may. The worst case is he might be more pragmatic than ideological in his approach to issues... but I do not believe that he is strongly committed to any ideas that are dangerous to our country.

The hand wringing about some of his history in MA is understandable, but I can't imagine a Marco Rubio even getting into office up there. I'm pretty sure that if Romney had been running for governor of Alabama we would have seen a dramatically different approach to governing.

Anyway, I'm not holding my breath for a dream candidate... only counting the days until Zero is packing for Chicago.

This is a countdown clock that I have on an iPhone app. Too bad it's not running faster.

d1d5fe60.jpg

Interesting opinion piece Valin! Thanks for posting.

While Romney may not be my dream candidate (I haven't found one yet)... I don't fear him in office like some may.

Better than the empty suit sitting in the oval office (when he's not golfing) today.

talk about setting the bar low!

National Review

January 11, 2012 12:00 A.M.

Romney’s Authenticity Problem

Despite his lead, the not-Mitt mood is intensifying.

By Jonah Goldberg

snip

pic_giant_011112_HG_0.jpg

Mitt Romney campaigns in South Carolina with Gov. Nikki Haley and Sen. John McCain, Jan. 5, 2012.

Mitt Romney is the most improbable of presidential candidates: a weak juggernaut.

page_2012_goldberg_square.jpg

Jonah Goldberg

He is poised to sweep every primary contest — a first for a non-incumbent. And yet, in Republican ranks there’s an abiding sense that he should be beatable — and beaten.

It’s not that Romney doesn’t have fans. His events in New Hampshire were packed to the rafters and felt like general-election rallies. He’s surging in polls in South Carolina and Florida.

And yet the non-Mitt mood just won’t go away. Indeed, it’s intensifying. One reason for that is people are starting to doubt whether he is in fact the best candidate to beat President Obama. For instance, you hear conservatives wondering more and more whether all of the attention from the White House is a head fake. Romney certainly makes a convenient foil for a presidential campaign already in populist overdrive. The desperate attacks from Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry on his career in the private sector are indefensible, but Romney certainly has a gift for inviting them. You can be sure President Obama is grateful to Gingrich and Perry for making them bipartisan critiques.

Mitt Romney is the most improbable of presidential candidates: a weak juggernaut.

He has a couple of problems to explain this

A. The whole flip flop thing. There are people questioning whether or not he has really seen the light (or come over to the dark side :D)?

B. Can he win! By that I mean does he have what it takes to do what he has to to beat Obama and his willing allies in the media?

Or

C. Is he a replay of Bob Dole, John McCain? The next in line, the candidate of the GOP establishment? Yet one more old white guy?

If it were not for the fact the Not-Romney vote is split 3-4 ways, we would not be hearing all this talk of the race being almost over.

(here I only speak for myself) Enthusiasm, I was a big time Romney guy the last time and my share of brick bats on a certain big time conservative forum. That said this time I just can't work up any enthusiasm for him. The attack ads he ran in Iowa, has really turned me off on him.

I will not bring up the Mormon thing...if anyone chooses to...got a can of whup ass right here, and I'll be more than happy to use it.

A.B.P.

Anyone But Paul

One more thing, he still talks like a CEO...not good.

shoutValin-does ABP include O?

You know...I'll have to get back to you on that.

On foreign policy Ron Paul is worse than Obama...and that is saying something.

Someone should tell him it's not the 18th century...not that the 18th century was the way he thinks it was.

He has a couple of problems to explain this

A. The whole flip flop thing. There are people questioning whether or not he has really seen the light (or come over to the dark side :D)?

B. Can he win! By that I mean does he have what it takes to do what he has to to beat Obama and his willing allies in the media?

Or

C. Is he a replay of Bob Dole, John McCain? The next in line, the candidate of the GOP establishment? Yet one more old white guy?

If it were not for the fact the Not-Romney vote is split 3-4 ways, we would not be hearing all this talk of the race being almost over.

(here I only speak for myself) Enthusiasm, I was a big time Romney guy the last time and my share of brick bats on a certain big time conservative forum. That said this time I just can't work up any enthusiasm for him. The attack ads he ran in Iowa, has really turned me off on him.

I will not bring up the Mormon thing...if anyone chooses to...got a can of whup ass right here, and I'll be more than happy to use it.

A.B.P.

Anyone But Paul

One more thing, he still talks like a CEO...not good.

Valin! I live in Massachusetts. I voted for him reluctantly as the Democrat he opposed was so horrendously bad.

As far as talking like a CEO, that isn't it. It is as if he never had to turn around a roomful of angry investors, employees or voters.

Hot Air

Mitt Romney handing out cash on the rope line

posted at 12:30 pm on January 15, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

snip

I can’t wait for this to blow up into some massive political theater. During a campaign stop in South Carolina, Mitt Romney was seen literally handing out cash to a voter. However, the truth of the story makes it seem a lot less sinister than it sounds on the surface.

Presidential candidates hear tales of woe all the time on the campaign trail. But rarely does one respond by pulling cash out of his back pocket to help a struggling voter pay her bills.

Mitt Romney did just that here Saturday night, according to ABC News. When a 55-year-old woman, Ruth Williams, who said she lost her job last October, approached the Republican presidential front-runner on the rope line following a campaign rally in Sumter, he gave her what an aide later said was about $50 or $60.

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_fcfgozh4/uiconf_id/5590821

Hot Air

Mitt Romney handing out cash on the rope line

posted at 12:30 pm on January 15, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

snip

I can’t wait for this to blow up into some massive political theater. During a campaign stop in South Carolina, Mitt Romney was seen literally handing out cash to a voter. However, the truth of the story makes it seem a lot less sinister than it sounds on the surface.

Presidential candidates hear tales of woe all the time on the campaign trail. But rarely does one respond by pulling cash out of his back pocket to help a struggling voter pay her bills.

Mitt Romney did just that here Saturday night, according to ABC News. When a 55-year-old woman, Ruth Williams, who said she lost her job last October, approached the Republican presidential front-runner on the rope line following a campaign rally in Sumter, he gave her what an aide later said was about $50 or $60.

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_fcfgozh4/uiconf_id/5590821

Well of course it's sinister! :rolleyes:

Quick! Someone get Crazy Eddy Schultz on the line!

Valin! I loved the look she gave the reporter when the reporter asked if she contacted other candidates.

"No," she said, "because God told me to follow Mitt Romney's bus."

She looked at the reporter with incredulity.

Valin! I loved the look she gave the reporter when the reporter asked if she contacted other candidates.

"No," she said, "because God told me to follow Mitt Romney's bus."

She looked at the reporter with incredulity.

You can't buy that kind of PR. Good for Mitt! Sounds like he really went out of his way for her.