Todd Palin Fighting Off Affair Scandal With Masseuse

ErnstBlofeld

-Todd-Palin-Fighting-Off-Affair-Scandal-With-Masseuse.aspx?BlogID=88a4a753-902d-45bf-9603-923dddd2391a
Dime Wars:

Todd Palin - Husband to Alaskan political figure, Todd Palin, is wrapped in a sex scandal broken by the National Enquirer. According to the tabloid paper, Todd Palin reqruented a massage therapist now busted for "prostitution"

It further claims that it has unearthed official documents showing 36-year-old massage therapist Shailey Tripp was arrested for maintaining a house of prostitution in March and that cops have confiscated physical evidence that could tie Todd Palin to the alleged affair.

The tabloid newspaper indicated it has documentary proof that the woman in question, Shailey Tripp, had been arrested for running a house of prostitution in March 2010. Tripp pleaded no-contest to those charges in June. The National Enquirer also claims to have proof that the authorities have physical evidence that may definitively prove liaisons between Tripp and Palin took place.

While these allegations may be false, this is not the first time Todd and Sarah Palin have fought off rumors of affairs since 2008 and divorce since 2009. Neither Todd or Sarah Palin have commented on The National Enquirer's story.

WestVirginiaRebel

If true, then Sarah Palin is toast as a presidential candidate. It should be noted that the Enquirer broke the John Edwards scandal.

If true, then Sarah Palin is toast as a presidential candidate. It should be noted that the Enquirer broke the John Edwards scandal.

I agree

I think the wording of article & the headlines are a lot of CYA. enough truth (re: her being charged & there may have been "SOME" connection

IF Todd would be involved with another woman for Sarah, does anyone really think it would be someone "like this"?

Bunch of trash to divert attention & fuel the Palin haters more IMHO

One does not have an affair with a prostitute, one merely pays them for a service. Having said that, neither should be accepted. I think, though, because of the emotional attachments involved, that an affair could be considered the worse of the two.

I, for one, would need more than a story in the Enquirer before condemning the man, especially where the last name Palin is involved.

I, for one, would need more than a story in the Enquirer before condemning the man, especially where the last name Palin is involved.

I believe the National Enquirer broke the story of John Edwards and his love child. He olitical career fell apart.

I believe the National Enquirer also had the Bushes divorced every other week. This is another way to attack Sarah Palin, I suppose. Sure they are right some times, so is the NYT :lol:

Is this the same masseuse that Tammy Bruce has been tweeting about? Saying that the masseuse knew Todd would love her, although they hadn't met?

If this is true, Todd Palin has a lot of explaining to do. If its not true, the National Enquirer owes the Palin's an apology. The Enquirer needs to release any information to the public for closer examination.The longer the Enquirer holds off on releasing any information the more unlikely the story is. The ball is in their court.

I believe the National Enquirer broke the story of John Edwards and his love child. He olitical career fell apart.

There is a couple of differences here. First, Todd is not the political figure, so any harm to Palin would only be fodder for people who already want her gone—otherwise she is the damaged party, not the perpetrator. Frankly, dalliances by political husbands and wives rarely make news...although I am sure they are very common. With as much hatred as she faces on a regular basis, this is just more noise, another witch hunt and a bunch of babble that will have little impact on the bigger picture.

A good way to frame this is to understand that Clinton WAS a political figure, and his affair did nothing to quell his popularity. Since the majority of the country did not want him gone, he stayed.

As far as Edwards goes, his political career was already over and he had become a nuisance to his party...so the affair was just the final nail in the coffin.

Here's the thing about political affairs: If you are popular, powerful and on the way up...they do nothing. If you are unpopular, powerful or on the way done...they sideline you.

There is a couple of differences here. First, Todd is not the political figure, so any harm to Palin would only be fodder for people who already want her gone—otherwise she is the damaged party, not the perpetrator. Frankly, dalliances by political husbands and wives rarely make news...although I am sure they are very common. With as much hatred as she faces on a regular basis, this is just more noise, another witch hunt and a bunch of babble that will have little impact on the bigger picture.

A good way to frame this is to understand that Clinton WAS a political figure, and his affair did nothing to quell his popularity. Since the majority of the country did not want him gone, he stayed.

As far as Edwards goes, his political career was already over and he had become a nuisance to his party...so the affair was just the final nail in the coffin.

Here's the thing about political affairs: If you are popular, powerful and on the way up...they do nothing. If you are unpopular, powerful or on the way done...they sideline you.

shoutpollyannaish

I will repeat my post, If the reports are true, Todd Palin has a lot of explaining to do. If its not true, the National Enquirer owes the Palin's an apology. The Enquirer needs to release any information to the public for closer examination.The longer the Enquirer holds off on releasing any information the more unlikely the story is. The ball is in their court.Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.Would you agree?

Yep, Ernst, of course. I am deeply cynical about the NE. Sometimes, they get it absolutely correct...and we all notice. But often, they report lots of innuendo and suggestion that allows them to skate on libel. it's just the way it is.

All you have to do is look at how many celebrities are attached to gay scandals (did you know that a lot of people swear that both Richard Burton and John Wayne were gay?) and the secret "reports" that are hinted at in blind items and articles in the tabloids to see that most of their reporting is STILL conjecture.

If I were the Palins, I'd just let it wash over me and go on. They've faced worse. If it is true, then it will be Sarah and Todd's business, not ours.

I guess what I'm saying is that I just don't think this is a game changer either way, so it does't matter.

This all started with an anonymous tip by thepalinmorals@hotmail.com, sent around to news sources who then spout the same crap, with no proof of Todd even being involved.

What load of moose manure.

This all started with an anonymous tip by thepalinmorals@hotmail.com, sent around to news sources who then spout the same crap, with no proof of Todd even being involved.

What load of moose manure.

Moose manure? :lmfao:

John Edward's career had already fallen apart. The Enquirer got the story right, for once, but it had little to do with his political career. Probably was the final blow for his marraige, though.

NE also "broke the story" on Carol Burnett's alchoholism.....a move that cost them $1.8 million in a libel suit. Just because they accidentally got one right doesn't make them a credible source. If that were a realistic yardstick, Worldnet Daily would be quoted here on a regular basis.

I believe the National Enquirer also had the Bushes divorced every other week. This is another way to attack Sarah Palin, I suppose.

Exactly!

I will say this, the Palins have a great deal more charity and a thicker skin than I. By this point my thoughts would be turning to what caliber rifle I will use, or the price of Semtex.

:wallbash:

Exactly.

This is just another cheap shot the media can take at Palin. Since the MSM tries to avoid stuff like this unless they know it is true (see Dan Rather), they rely on the tabloids to do it and then can report on what the tabloid said.

Now, the Enquirer needs to produce the evidence to either confirm or deny. In a public forum of course.

Since when?

As if all the other "news" outlets would post the "evidence" as it has now been spread to all by an anonymous sources, with anonymous details.

Make the accusation and see what sticks. pffft.

Now, the Enquirer needs to produce the evidence to either confirm or deny. In a public forum of course.

Since when?

Extrodinary Claims require extraordinary evidence and see if it holds up public scruitny.Turn the story inside and out.Look for any inconsistencies.If they claim that they have the evidence, then show it to the public.Call their bluff.