UK Muslims launch campaign calling Christmas 'evil'

Geee

shoutkevindavis

That is how I see it.. You got the radical Muslims who want to take over the world and force people to be Muslim and force Muslims to follow in their own direction.. It is basically radical Islam vs the world.

NO NO NO! as all true blue right thinking yankee doddle dandy Americans know all Muslims want to kill us or enslave us and force us to eat Fig Newtons without any milk.

I want you to know that I've learned a great deal over the years from you, Valin. Just yesterday I was succinctly explaining this very thing to my children. Ok. Not THIS statement exactly, but the part about the war within Islam and the question of if it will allow itself to be moderated and remain a viable worldwide religion, or require that the world completely purge itself of it.

Now seems a good time to say thanks!

Valin!

SunTzu: "If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you certainly are in peril."

I have found the enemy, and he is me. Lord help me!

Still, [and it may be splitting a fine hair] I'm thinking not so much about the militant Muslim, but the attitude & tenor of the common populations in these countries & to some extent in Europe. The killings of Christians in both asian places, cannot be put solely on the jihadi's, but in large part on average Muslims with religious fervor. The ambiguity of the early & later verses of the Quran, and their interpretation by very hard line Imams; reinforces stereotypes & creates the panic in "yankee doodler's" like myself.

I agree with "trust but verify." I'm enough of a paranoid, that I'd prefer to err on the side of caution.

We should applaud the Indonesians for their struggle, and yet Christians are still dying at the hands of Muslims, and not always at the hands of militant Muslims. So what & who are we at war with? Not the vast numbers of Muslims that practice a moderate version of Islam. Certainly not the larger numbers of American Muslims, and yet I see an underlying ideology & an undercurrent of "conquest through protest & litigation," religious enclaves and mosque proselytization; that are producing "home grown jihadi's" that are willing to kill Americans here & abroad, and fund terror globally [unwitting or not.]

I don't expect the fervent jihadist to come to peace. I do expect Muslim Americans to better articulate their desire for peace, condemn violence in the name of Islam, and publically express their belief in the American Republic; rather than use the rights given them as citizens as a shield for those that wish to do us harm.

Sharia law is not compatible with Constitutional law.

Islamophobia is a term bandied like a club, by progressives with their own agenda, anarchists, leftists & jihadi sympathizers. Is there a hatred among Americans for Islam & Muslims? Certainly some, but as with the majority of Muslims; the majority of Americans do not hate or wish to harm others. They want to live their lives and practice their personal faith's in the security of the guarantees of the American Republic, it's Constitution & Bill of Rights.

This is a time of turmoil in America. The current government has expanded greatly in power & is trying to limit the rights of American citizens. In my own case, I'm getting the uneasy feeling of having a Federal foot on my neck. I think others are having some of the same fears. Couple that unease with a natural fear of things unknown, a xenophobia, and you have a mindset that is all too ready to believe the worst of others.

Pure, detached, intellectual scrutiny of this problem is beyond most people. I'm glad you are able to educate others [myself included] in the nuances of 'the long war." Thank you.

Intelligence & intellect, and the lack thereof; is a major factor for both sides of this problem, along with parochial interest. There is some suggestion that the practice of first cousin intermarriage [inbreeding,] as an aspect of Islamic cultural belief [that has been ongoing over the centuries] is a part of the problem. Physical defects, diseases and low intellectual capacity are shunned in the Muslim culture. Some studies indicate that a number of "homicide" bombers are "outcasts" redeeming themselves & their family honor.

I was taking a shower....

Call me simple minded but Islam is not a religion. It is state sponsored terrorism.

There is no living with such a mind set. To grant it any religious status in the US is a major FUBO.

All the pap about the nonviolent Muslims to the contrary, any religion that claims one must convert to it or be put to death has no place in my world. I will just cite someone who has studied and lived it. Nonie Darwish.

In her book Cruel and Usual Punishment, Nonie Darwish makes the rather stunning claim that Islam is not a religion. Darwish, the daughter of an Egyptian Islamist “martyr,” describes her first thirty years of life in the Middle East under Sharia law, and her gradual awakening to a fuller understanding of Islam. Towards the end of the book, she offers the following: “The conclusion that I – and others who have studied it – have reached is that Islam as a whole is not a religion. It is Arab Imperialism and a protectionist tool to preserve what they believe to be a supremacist Arab culture.”

I would like to add something.. I don't hate the people who practice Islam. I'm not a big fan of the religion nor would I convert to Islam. I respect the right of people to practice whatever religion they wish to practice. I just don't trust Islam unless the religion goes through a reformation like Christianity did.

I was taking a shower....

Call me simple minded but Islam is not a religion. It is state sponsored terrorism.

There is no living with such a mind set. To grant it any religious status in the US is a major FUBO.

All the pap about the nonviolent Muslims to the contrary, any religion that claims one must convert to it or be put to death has no place in my world. I will just cite someone who has studied and lived it. Nonie Darwish.

In her book Cruel and Usual Punishment, Nonie Darwish makes the rather stunning claim that Islam is not a religion. Darwish, the daughter of an Egyptian Islamist “martyr,” describes her first thirty years of life in the Middle East under Sharia law, and her gradual awakening to a fuller understanding of Islam. Towards the end of the book, she offers the following: “The conclusion that I – and others who have studied it – have reached is that Islam as a whole is not a religion. It is Arab Imperialism and a protectionist tool to preserve what they believe to be a supremacist Arab culture.”

I would like to add something.. I don't hate the people who practice Islam. I'm not a big fan of the religion nor would I convert to Islam. I respect the right of people to practice whatever religion they wish to practice. I just don't trust Islam unless the religion goes through a reformation like Christianity did.

This is exactly the sort of thing we should not be doing. Why? ecause it plays into the Islamist message that we are at war with Islam/Muslims.

As for Nonie Darwish, while she has good some very good work in the area of human/womens right, the question must be asked, how does this (“The conclusion that I – and others who have studied it – have reached is that Islam as a whole is not a religion. It is Arab Imperialism and a protectionist tool to preserve what they believe to be a supremacist Arab culture.”) advance the fight against the Islamists? How is this seen by a Muslim reading it in (say) Jordan or Morocco?

snipAs for Nonie Darwish, while she has good some very good work in the area of human/womens right, the question must be asked, how does this (“The conclusion that I – and others who have studied it – have reached is that Islam as a whole is not a religion. It is Arab Imperialism and a protectionist tool to preserve what they believe to be a supremacist Arab culture.”) advance the fight against the Islamists? How is this seen by a Muslim reading it in (say) Jordan or Morocco?

shoutvalin

You miss Nonie Darwish's point.

Let me be simplistic in an illustration.

Imagine an area where people have adopted communal rules and laws over hundreds of years governing societal behaviors and obligations. Call them Group One.

One day, a group moves in who does not accept Group One's communal rules but instead seeks to impose their own rules and their own system of beliefs. Call them Group Two.

In fact, Group Two will seek to either kill or enslave those in Group One who do not submit to Group Two's belief system.

Members of Group Two who seek to leave Group Two cannot do so.

Group Two's communal rules include taqiyya that permit Group Two members to deceive.

In fact, some gullible Group One members think that perhaps some mysterious and wonderful break through in relationship building between Group Two and Group One is occurring and proceed to sing the praises of this in the popular media.

In fact, Group Two says that it is forbidden to kill innocents and lightheaded Group One members will say, well, see, they're not so bad.

These Group One members find out that innocents have a limited definition.

As shoutKevinDavis stated, until there is some cataclysmic reformation, Group Two ground rules will remain unchanged. It is convert, die, or be enslaved.

As shoutSrWoodChuck stated: Sharia law is not compatible with Constitutional law.

Some Group One members will cite cases where centuries ago Group One behaved similarly: convert or die. And the point of that is what? That's over and done.

Some Group One members cite evidence that there are moderates in Group Two. And the point of that is what?

If Group Two is permitted to set up shop in the Group One community, there can only be a single Group under Group Two rules.

That is my partially my point of citing Nonie Darwish. Those in Jordan and Morocco and points elsewhere (Indonesia) have and had no choice.

shoutPepper-very very well said!!!!!(and I must add-you are very good at 'group speak' :lol: )

snip

Well, now time passed and now it seems

Everybody’s having them dreams

Everybody sees themselves

Walkin’ around with no one else

Half of the people can be part right all of the time

Some of the people can be all right part of the time

But all of the people can’t be all right all of the time

I think Abraham Lincoln said that

shoutGeee, I'll let you be in my Group if I can be in yours.

I said that

This is exactly the sort of thing we should not be doing. Why? ecause it plays into the Islamist message that we are at war with Islam/Muslims.

Valin!

The Islamists don't need a contrived reason to say that we're at war against Islam/Muslims. They prove it and necessitate it every day themselves by their words and deeds.

We should be at war with those who support or commit the violence... and those Muslims who are giving consent by their silence are not our friends as well.

If folks can't figure out who we're at war against and why... "PC" talk ain't gonna 'spain it to 'em.

BTW, all I hear from the mosques and Muslim leaders around here condemning jihadist violence is the sound of crickets... or whining that they're misunderstood.

shoutNCTexan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_iSIv26S_o

I am sure someone has done an Osama bin Laden version of this by now, approved by CAIR.

Pepper! I saw the "evil dwarf" [no, not Obama bin Laden] Eric Burdon, with "War." I prefer this "Misunderstood" from an outstanding movie with Daniel Craig [pre-007] called "Layer Cake."

Sung in jazz/soul style & with a raggae hint, by the immortal Joe Cocker [who lives here now, w/his wife & runs a small shop in the Colorado mountains]

shoutSrWoodchuck. Love Joe Cocker. Love his 'You are So Beautiful to Me'.

shoutGeee! Yessssss.......loved Cocker since Woodstock & "Mad Dogs & Englishmen." Guess that dates me, but I don't care.......just don't let me be misunderstood!

[ The Letter, Girl from the North Country, Darling Be Home Soon, Delta Lady, Feelin' Alright, Have a Little Faith in Me, Hitchcock Railway, Shelter Me, Unchain My Heart, With a Little Help From My Friends......and on......and on!]

PS:I was 16 years old, during 1969-70, when he played Woodstock.....I watched his manic, spastic movements & thought his whole being was coming out of his mouth as he sang this song:

Joe Cocker @ Woodstock-1969

The Danish intelligence agency PET said Wednesday it had arrested four men suspected of preparing a massacre at a newspaper which published caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed.

A spokeswoman for Swedish intelligence agency Saepo said a fifth man had been arrested in Sweden in connection with the same plot against the Copenhagen-based Jyllands-Posten daily. snip

Link to article

OK people... nothing to see here.

funny%20police%20officer%20south%20park%20barbrady.jpg