Ron DeSantis Signs Bill That Takes Sledgehammer To Squatters’ Rights

Geee

7 hours ago, Geee said:

Doesn't make sense. Stealing your car is criminal - stealing your house is not:blink:

I didn't say it made sense. Its the way The Law views it.  Its an imperfect system...But

Mar 29, 2024 #Squatters #IamSean90

In this video I discuss yet another ridiculous Hill Rising segment where Jessica Burbank decides to back squatting scammers because of her dorky communist principles. I explain how she blatantly makes things up to justify her positions rather than having owning up to them

Owner of $1.1 million NYC home torched by squatter declares squatters have more protections than he does

The owner of a $1.1 million New York City home purportedly set ablaze by a squatter declared squatters keep returning to the residence and “have more rights” than he does.

Squatters have caused Zafar Iqbal, 53, to pay a $6,000-per-month mortgage for a Brooklyn home he purchased in 2017 that he is now too afraid to visit, according to a Monday report.

“Every two or three weeks, I go there, but I don’t approach,” Iqbal said. “I don’t know if these guys have weapons or whatever. My safety is precious, too.”

For more than three months, the landlord has waited for an insurance claim to process that would allow him to renovate the Dyker Heights home, he said.

“I got a couple of contractors. They started working on the house,” according to Iqbal. “Next thing I know, I got a call from the fire department that the house is burnt out. Somebody got in there and torched my house.”

“That’s when I found out it was a squatter living there. The squatters have more rights than the homeowners. I’m the owner of the house. How much more can I do? I need help,” he added.

Squatters in New York City have become an epidemic following the skyrocketing in homelessness following COVID-19 and the migrant crisis under President Joe Biden, according to the report.

In Iqbal’s neighborhood, they have robbed neighbors, committed property damage, and set fires.:snip:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geee said:

Owner of $1.1 million NYC home torched by squatter declares squatters have more protections than he does

The owner of a $1.1 million New York City home purportedly set ablaze by a squatter declared squatters keep returning to the residence and “have more rights” than he does.

Squatters have caused Zafar Iqbal, 53, to pay a $6,000-per-month mortgage for a Brooklyn home he purchased in 2017 that he is now too afraid to visit, according to a Monday report.

Every time  something like this happens it hurt Biden...an the Democratic Party.

$88,000 and counting taxpayer dollars go to Bellevue squatter (Wa. State)

Taxpayers are footing the bill for a controversial form of tenant support, leading to thousands of dollars in rent being paid for squatters, contends Reagan Dunn, vice-chair of the Metropolitan King County Council. 

Dunn is pushing for major changes when it comes to protecting landlords from tenants who he says are taking advantage of programs that were designed to help people who are really in need.

“This is not just a problem in Bellevue, but a broader problem across King County and the nation," he told The Center Square.

The Bellevue case he’s referencing concerns Sang Kim, who along with his family, moved into a $2 million home owned by Jaskaran Singh Sarao in early 2022.

Dunn says Kim put a stated income on the rental application of $400,000 and then, after paying the first month, stopped paying.

“This is the second home where Kim has allegedly done this, so you have this pattern of behavior here that it tantamount to defrauding the homeowner," Dunn said.

The homeowner has been trying to get Kim evicted, but a massive backlog of "unlawful detainer" cases in King County has held up the process.

“The big problem now is the Housing Justice Project has come in and taken nearly $88,000 taxpayer dollars, designed to help people who lost their jobs and had medical bills, and instead they’ve paid it to the landlord," Dunn explained. 

The Housing Justice Project provide free legal assistance to renters facing eviction in King County. :snip: