My Friend Steve Baker Was Arrested: Thoughts About Limbaugh, Bowie, Trump, DeSantis -- and yes, American Thinker

Geee

American Thinker

As many of you know by now, The Blaze’s journalist Steve Baker was arrested yesterday by the FBI, put in handcuffs, leg irons, and paraded before a magistrate who read off charges of ... wait for it ... four misdemeanors. 

Four FRIGGIN misdemeanors. Charges, not convictions, mind you. Nonetheless: Leg irons. Handcuffs. Hours in a jail cell. The message is clear: you dare go against the government narrative, this could be you. 

All that was missing was the bus full of murderers and the out of control train from The Fugitive   I was waiting for them to make him walk The Green Mile

He was ordered to show up in a tee shirt, shorts and flip-flops. Baker instead went FULL White Collar  God Bless him! I mean seriously, it’s hard for me to write about this story without my left index finger constantly hitting the F key! His defiance with the suit was a victory for all of us. :snip:

37 minutes ago, Geee said:
American Thinker

As many of you know by now, The Blaze’s journalist Steve Baker was arrested yesterday by the FBI, put in handcuffs, leg irons, and paraded before a magistrate who read off charges of ... wait for it ... four misdemeanors. 

Four FRIGGIN misdemeanors. Charges, not convictions, mind you. Nonetheless: Leg irons. Handcuffs. Hours in a jail cell. The message is clear: you dare go against the government narrative, this could be you. 

All that was missing was the bus full of murderers and the out of control train from The Fugitive   I was waiting for them to make him walk The Green Mile

He was ordered to show up in a tee shirt, shorts and flip-flops. Baker instead went FULL White Collar  God Bless him! I mean seriously, it’s hard for me to write about this story without my left index finger constantly hitting the F key! His defiance with the suit was a victory for all of us. :snip:

For the record, Baker was only hired by The Blaze months ago, yet has rapidly become the star of the platform due to his groundbreaking January 6-related reporting, and his striking command of the facts and meticulous on air persona.

Well we can't have any of THAT now!

What's next? Arresting people who watched it on TV?

SDwaters
1 hour ago, Valin said:

What's next? Arresting people who watched it on TV?

DO NOT give them any ideas!!😖

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SDwaters said:

DO NOT give them any ideas!!😖

With how your TV can actually track what you watch now, unfortunately, that could be possible:wacko:

Allegra1

It was quite vindictive of the FBI and DOJ to handle this the way they did. I hope people are noticing. 

1 hour ago, Allegra1 said:

It was quite vindictive of the FBI and DOJ to handle this the way they did. I hope people are noticing. 

I'm sorry to say that this type of thing has become so commonplace in the last few years that it has just become noise to most people except us news junkies.

We'll see what happens this next election, but people weren't even upset enough to throw the bums out the last couple, much less do some meaningful protests or more. After Jan6 I think some people are hesitant to protest - but wasn't that the point? Make people hesitant to protest.

The 'people' who need to bring attention are the media, and that is not likely to happen.

• Like 2

Steven Baker: journalist, advocate or advocacy journalist? - Jonathan Turley

Former New York Times writer (and now Howard University journalism professor) Nikole Hannah-Jones declared recently that “all journalism is activism.” Advocacy journalism is all the rage in journalism schools and on major media platforms.

Given that shift in journalism, one would think that these editors and journalists would love Steven Baker.

Baker was arrested for covering what he viewed as a citizen protest defying the government and demanding justice. He did not hide his support for their cause as he reported on what became a riot. 

Baker, however, is a conservative journalist and the protest that he was covering became the Jan. 6th riot. Now, the Biden administration has arrested Baker on four misdemeanor charges linked to his entry into the Capitol on that day. 

Baker would later not only supply stories to his main media outlet, Blaze News, but also sell videos to The New York Times and HBO.

Journalists often accompany protesters and even mobs as stories unfold. Indeed, there were many reporters in the crowd that entered the Capitol. But Baker, the conservative journalist, was charged while others were not.

The response from most media figures and groups has been crickets.:snip:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Geee said:

Steven Baker: journalist, advocate or advocacy journalist? - Jonathan Turley

Former New York Times writer (and now Howard University journalism professor) Nikole Hannah-Jones declared recently that “all journalism is activism.” Advocacy journalism is all the rage in journalism schools and on major media platforms.

Given that shift in journalism, one would think that these editors and journalists would love Steven Baker.

Just When Is Enough Enough!

IF this were not a Family Friendly site I would post some words for Nikole Hannah-Jones, an the rest of these Clowns. Shades of Joseph Goebbels!  😡

41 minutes ago, Valin said:

Just When Is Enough Enough!

We shall see in a few months (and not just on the National level), but we have seen this movie before and not liked the ending - and the cabal is behind the scenes doing everything legal and illegal it can to influence the outcome. The ENOUGH has to be a huge swell to overcome that.

10 minutes ago, Geee said:

We shall see in a few months (and not just on the National level), but we have seen this movie before and not liked the ending - and the cabal is behind the scenes doing everything legal and illegal it can to influence the outcome. The ENOUGH has to be a huge swell to overcome that.

And if we don't?  I've got a Bad Feeling. Now it may just be keyboard commandos, but there are A lot of Really Pissed Off people. Not like we normally see in Presidential Elections.  

15 minutes ago, Valin said:

A lot of Really Pissed Off people

I  really would not like to see that happen. Talk is easy till you get down to reality. Such.

20 minutes ago, Geee said:

I  really would not like to see that happen. Talk is easy till you get down to reality. Such.

1. It doesn't really take many

2. This is what Progressives Want. Remember The Goal is the destruction of liberal western society.

4 minutes ago, Valin said:

1. It doesn't really take many

2. This is what Progressives Want. Remember

Such = Sigh ! Dam* auto correct

"The Goal is the destruction of liberal western society." The goal is an excuse to exert control  -  I.E. Jan6 people who are now is prison for practically zilch. What's the new definition of insurrection? Anything they want it to be.

Mar 4, 2024

Megyn Kelly is joined by Stu Burguiere, host of BlazeTV's Stu Does America, and Dave Marcus, columnist for The Daily Mail and Fox News, to discuss journalist Steve Baker arrested after his January 6 reporting, the implications this chilling effect has on the media industry, and more.

Mar 4, 2024

The FBI has temporarily released Blaze Media investigative journalist Steve Baker after arresting him for his reporting at the Capitol on January 6, 2021. Now, Steve joins Glenn with the details of how the FBI treated him. Steve describes feeling "humiliated" and "overwhelmed" by the FBI's tactics, which included shackles around his wrists, legs, and waist. And he also tells Glenn that, although he was booked on misdemeanors, he was put in a cage with a meth dealer. Steve's attorney, James Lee Bright, also joins to make the case that this is NOT normal.. Out of the roughly 60 journalists who were at the Capitol on Jan. 6, Bright says that only 6 or 7 have been charged and "all of those have been right-of-center media."

Mar 6, 2024 #blazetv #stevebaker #j6

Blaze Media analysts have sifted through hundreds of hours of Capitol security footage to find and show all available footage of Baker's path through the Capitol. Judge for yourself whether or not Steve Baker committed a crime.

Rep. Barry Loudermilk of Georgia was instrumental in the release of this video. His efforts and pursuit of the truth about January 6th are greatly appreciated and worthy of praise. Speaker of the House Mike Johnson also played a key role in the release of this video and his continued support is immensely valued.

Related

Mar 24, 2023

At yesterday's House Judiciary Committee hearing, Rep. Wesley Hunt (R-TX) called out the "domestic terror" of Antifa.

• 5 weeks later...

Blaze News investigative journalist Steve Baker pleads not guilty to 4 misdemeanor charges over his Jan. 6 reporting

Dave Urbanski
April 04, 2024

Blaze News investigative journalist Steve Baker on Wednesday pleaded not guilty to the four non-violent misdemeanor charges the Justice Department brought against him in connection with his reporting at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

(Snip)

What happened at Wednesday's hearing?

Baker told Blaze News that Wednesday's virtual hearing was his first time before the Washington, D.C., federal judge presiding over the case — Christopher R. Cooper — who last week ordered Baker to "comply" with the conditions of his release, although Baker has maintained he's been in compliance all along.

Baker told Blaze News there was "quite a bit of discussion" at the hearing about pretrial restrictions on him, which relate to Cooper's order to comply.

(Snip)

An upbeat Baker on Thursday told Blaze News that despite apparent previous glitches in communication between pretrial services officers in D.C. and in his home state of North Carolina — which seem to have contributed to Cooper's order to comply, which Baker saw as unnecessary — the hearing showed him things now appear to be headed in the right direction:

"Frankly, I’m quite surprised and pleased by the cooperative nature the government has shown toward my pretrial release conditions and their willingness to modify language due to my unique circumstances as a working journalist. Unlike all other J6 defendants, I have no travel restrictions — even to D.C. or internationally — and the government is working with my attorneys to modify the language of certain restrictions that would interfere with my ongoing investigations … even those about certain governmental agencies’ corruption.

"I can only conjecture that they do not want to engage in these fights, knowing I will go public with every ruling, and more eyeballs will likely see these wranglings than any other J6 case. Both Assistant U.S. Attorney Adam Dreher and Judge Cooper seem very amenable to both parties simply 'working it out' without having to litigate each issue. This has to do with not only my pretrial conditions but also matters of discovery that are normally under the Court’s protective order, to which I may have already had access and permission from Congress to release publicly as a result of my ongoing investigations.

"The most interesting moment in yesterday’s hearing came when my attorney addressed the discovery, protective order issues, and my unique access to all this information through congressional committees. Judge Cooper asked, 'What does Mr. Baker do for a living?' My attorney William Shipley replied, 'He’s a journalist with Blaze Media.' Cooper seemed genuinely surprised to learn that, and I was genuinely surprised that the government had not already informed him of my occupation."

Baker said his next hearing is scheduled for June 3.

(Snip)