LIVE From CPAC 2012

Valin

WestVirginiaRebel

Romney wins CPAC presidential straw poll

The Republican presidential candidate won with 38 percent of the vote at the Washington conference, the leading annual meet-up of American conservatives. The victory breaks a two-year winning streak by Ron Paul.

The results, though, showed Rick Santorum gaining traction among party faithful. The former Pennsylvania senator, who won three primary and caucus contests on Tuesday, came in second with 31 percent.

Newt Gingrich was third with 15 percent, and Paul came in fourth with 12 percent.

Cheers broke out at the conference when the results were unveiled, a sign of the robust pro-Romney contingent in the audience. The results came in as the GOP candidates competed on the final day of the Republican caucuses in Maine -- Romney was later declared the winner of that contest, narrowly edging out Paul.

CPAC Shouts Down #OccupyDC Hecklers During Palin Speech

The protesters were kicked out as others in the room began chanting “USA! USA!” followed quickly by “Sarah! Sarah!”

“See, you just won,” Palin ad-libbed to more cheers.

Someday these clowns are going to get hurt.

Do Yourself a Big Favor!

Daniel Hannan at CPAC 2012

Excellent! I just wish we had carried with us to this day the wonderful way the Brits speak the English language.

However, after listening to the AF high basketball scorer talk on the radio on the way home from the game tonight I had to wish this young man could speak American English instead of sounding like he had just stepped away from the 'hood. He is going to be an AF officer and he doesn't even pronounce th properly. sigh

Oh well, back to Daniel Hannan. It was a stroke of genius to invite him to speak at CPAC.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

2012 Occupy4Change.org: Occupy protesters exchange barbs with CPAC attendees

(Snip)“They are out here protesting us because we are a threat to their agenda,” said panelist Amy Kramer, the chairwoman of the Tea Party Express. “We believe that power should be put back in the hands of people in the states and not in the federal government.”

Protesters outside said they were dismayed they hadn’t been invited to the panel. On the march to the hotel they chanted, “Racist, sexist, anti-gay, right wing bigots, go away.”

(Snip)

Occupy-CPAC-tolerance-357x620.jpg

Can't for the life of me imagine why CPAC wouldn't want to discuss politics with the these people. It's a mystery

However, after listening to the AF high basketball scorer talk on the radio on the way home from the game tonight I had to wish this young man could speak American English instead of sounding like he had just stepped away from the 'hood. He is going to be an AF officer and he doesn't even pronounce th properly. sigh

The first reason that young man was brought to the Academy was to play basketball. If he happens to become an AF officer in the process...well...nevermind. Let's first just figure out how to win more basketball games.

The first reason that young man was brought to the Academy was to play basketball. If he happens to become an AF officer in the process...well...nevermind. Let's first just figure out how to win more basketball games.

Well at least they have their priorities.

That is true. Just don't look at the team's record.

That is true. Just don't look at the team's record.

Meaning they have lost their last seven games and the head coach was fired this week.

OK clearly thread runaway, but I always pictured AF as more a golf or tennis powerhouse. Just ask @Rokke.

I went to the Naval Academy. We played croquet and pocket pool.

OK clearly thread runaway, but I always pictured AF as more a golf or tennis powerhouse. Just ask @Rokke.

I went to Lackland...our sports were walking, housecleaning, and thinking about women.

I went to Lackland...our sports were walking, housecleaning, and thinking about women.

laugh.png