Coffee Shop

Rheo

Israel to Treat Wounded Syrians

Michael J. Totten

2/19/13

The Israel Defense Forces plans to put up a military field hospital on the Syrian border to help refugees seeking assistance.

I would not expect Syrians to approach the Israeli border and ask for help, not after having their minds poisoned for so long by the violent propaganda of the Assad regime, but apparently some wounded refugees did just that a couple of days ago.

(Snip)

Not a comment on Fr. Barron or your youtube, @saveliberty....which was excellent! I offer it as a counterpoint [or antithesis of] Fr. Barron's progression of: beautiful----->good------>true

From Masermedia via iOTW.

Mona-Bama-Mona-Bama.jpg

Obamacare and The Mark of The Beast? http://www.prophezine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=674:obamacare-and-the-mark-of-the-beast&catid=42:rokstories

Recently I was sent the following from a reader.

MARK OF THE BEAST IS COMING SOON !-WIFE STANDS UP FOR JESUS AND AGINST THE RFID IMPLANT AT HOSPITAL--GOD BLESS HER FOR HER STRENGTH OF CONVICTION

Today my wife went to the Doctors office for some check-ups and she was getting tired of being asked for her ID and insurance card as this was the third time in a month. They already have her name on file and the receptionist is familiar with her so she was a bit irate of this constant asking of her ID and she let it be known that she is getting tired of this police state of having to know who you are, and run your information again and again through the system.

The head receptionist leaned over and tapped the camera and said "pretty soon you're not going to have to worry about those cards because you're going to have and RFID implant chip" and she was serious NOT JOKING!

My wife said "BS not this girl not ever, no way no how not happening."

Then the receptionist said "WELL YOU MAY NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE IN YOUR BODY" and my wife said " well I know BETTER than to take INOCULATIONS OR FLU SHOTS ETC" but she still didn't seem convinced so my wife said " Your probably right Obama care will see to it that the majority gets chipped, but I'm here to tell you if it ever gets to that point and I am deathly ill with any kind of disease or any illness I won't seek treatment if it requires a chip , I will go and die in the wilderness like an animal"

So my wife then asked her "what would you do if YOU have to take a RFID chip?" and she wouldn't answer her. So my wife asked again "I am serious what will be your response if you are forced to take one of those chips"?

The lady then did the "lips are seal gesture" and followed with saying " I have already said too much" and my wife said "yes you being in the public sector like this need to watch what you say to people" and she said "yes being in this office and also that I'm MILITARY I really need to watch what I say".

My wife then said "military or not they won't tell me what to do ever, because there is only ONE person in this world that I will EVER BOW to and that is JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF AND NO OTHER MAN OR BEING"

My wife then said " I will die on my feet fighting this BS then begging for my life on my knees" and they all then shut up.......But some of the girls in the office that worked in the office were concerned and said that this is all getting very scary. My wife then said it is BIBLICAL what is happening and people who don't understand it need to read the Bible because it is all in there.

My wife got so upset she almost walked out of the office, but she had to remain there to proceed with her test results.

Scissors-32x32.png

Is it true? Will everyone have to receive a biochip to be part of Obamacare? I have not been able to pin down the exact verbiage, but I found the following that seems to be the documentation pointing to the biochip in the healthcare bill.

“ In the massive US HEALTHCARE BILL, which your elected representatives voted for without reading, there is a section titled: Subtitle C-11 Sec. 2521 – National Medical Device Registry which states:

“The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that—‘‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; and ‘‘(B) is a class III device; or ‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable.”

The language is deliberately vague, but it provides the structure for making America the first nation in the world that would require every U.S. citizen to receive an implanted radio-frequency (RFID) microchip for the purpose of controlling medical care."

Ok, the language is vague and does allow for the possibility of chipping people.

Scissors-32x32.png

"I loved the D.C. Circuit... and I could've stayed there. But I think I got maneuvered into this job. And then I had a really bad interview."

Scissors-32x32.png

Said Clarence Thomas in this wonderful hour-long conversation with Harvard Law School Dean Martha Minow. The Harvard law students give him a standing ovation as he arrives in the room, and he jokes "I should quit while I'm ahead."

H/T Instapundit

"I loved the D.C. Circuit... and I could've stayed there. But I think I got maneuvered into this job. And then I had a really bad interview."

Scissors-32x32.png

Said Clarence Thomas in this wonderful hour-long conversation with Harvard Law School Dean Martha Minow. The Harvard law students give him a standing ovation as he arrives in the room, and he jokes "I should quit while I'm ahead."

H/T Instapundit

Clarence Thomas at Harvard Law School

smile.png

Economic Freedom’s Best Lesson in Economics

2/20/13

Welcome back to the Liberty Video Awards. Yesterday, you voted on Best Docu-mini. (If you missed it, you can still cast your vote by clicking here.)

And now, these are the nominations for Best Lesson in Economics. Make sure to vote for your favorite.

(Snip)

http://youtu.be/66PZv7Vtw3I

Don’t forget to cast your vote, and make sure to come back tomorrow when we’ll unveil the nominees for Most Humorous.

20/20 HINDSIGHT ALERT!!!

Frank Fahrenkopf (GOP co-chair Commission on Presidential Debates) says Picking Candy Crowley, to moderate one of the 2012 presidential debates was a "mistake,".

In other news Frank strongly suggests that stepping off the top of 10 story building may not be wise.

righteousmomma

II certainly agree with Fr. Barron about the alluring pull of the beautiful on heart and emotions whether it be found in religious rites and rituals, fragrances, music, art or literature. (I myself try to use beauty when I paint as a way of praising and exalting God.)

fr. Barron was using the concept as a way to evangelize. More specifically to evangelize into the Catholic Church. Perfectly Understandable - after all he is a Catholic priest.

However he said something that aroused my interest. He said that Paul called the church, the body of Christ - the Catholic Church. Not "catholic" in the contexts of meaning universal but in the very specific context of the RomanCatholic Faith?

This of course implies that Roman Catholicism is the one and only true church, the Body of Christ. Did I understand that correctly?

As best I can tell Roman Catholicism did not even exist in Paul's or Peter's days. Just individual Jews and Gentiles being evangelized and brought into God's Kingdom by their accepting faith and baptism into Christ and then gathering together for worship.

Like I said perhaps I misunderstood Fr. Barron.

II certainly agree with Fr. Barron about the alluring pull of the beautiful on heart and emotions whether it be found in religious rites and rituals, fragrances, music, art or literature. (I myself try to use beauty when I paint as a way of praising and exalting God.)

fr. Barron was using the concept as a way to evangelize. More specifically to evangelize into the Catholic Church. Perfectly Understandable - after all he is a Catholic priest.

However he said something that aroused my interest. He said that Paul called the church, the body of Christ - the Catholic Church. Not "catholic" in the contexts of meaning universal but in the very specific context of the RomanCatholic Faith?

This of course implies that Roman Catholicism is the one and only true church, the Body of Christ. Did I understand that correctly?

As best I can tell Roman Catholicism did not even exist in Paul's or Peter's days. Just individual Jews and Gentiles being evangelized and brought into God's Kingdom by their accepting faith and baptism into Christ and then gathering together for worship.

Like I said perhaps I misunderstood Fr. Barron.

Genesis Chapter 1 repeatedly says "And God Saw That It Was Good". Where beauty exists what we are seeing is an echo coming down from the beginning of that phrase.

• Like 1

@righteousmomma! Found this interesting link: http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/churb3.htm

[i believe EWTN is a Roman Catholic website]

Scissors-32x32.png

Today in an era of widespread dissent in the Church, and of equally widespread confusion regarding what authentic Catholic identity is supposed to consist of, many loyal Catholics have recently taken to using the term Roman Catholic in order to affirm their understanding that the Catholic Church of the Sunday creed is the same Church that is united with the Vicar of Christ in Rome, the Pope. This understanding of theirs is correct, but such Catholics should nevertheless beware of using the term, not only because of its dubious origins in Anglican circles intending to suggest that there just might be some other Catholic Church around somewhere besides the Roman one: but also because it often still is used today to suggest that the Roman Catholic Church is something other and lesser than the Catholic Church of the creed. It is commonly used by some dissenting theologians, for example, who appear to be attempting to categorize the Roman Catholic Church as just another contemporary "Christian denomination"--not the body that is identical with the one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church of the creed.

The proper name of the Church, then, is the Catholic Church. It is not ever called "the Christian Church," either. Although the prestigious Oxford University Press currently publishes a learned and rather useful reference book called "The Oxford Book of the Christian Church," the fact is that there has never been a major entity in history called by that name; the Oxford University Press has adopted a misnomer, for the Church of Christ has never been called the Christian Church.

There is, of course, a Protestant denomination in the United States which does call itself by that name, but that particular denomination is hardly what the Oxford University Press had in mind when assigning to its reference book the title that it did. The assignment of the title in question appears to have been one more method, of which there have been so many down through history, of declining to admit that there is, in fact, one--and only one--entity existing in the world today to which the designation "the Catholic Church" in the Creed might possibly apply.

The entity in question, of course, is just that: the very visible, worldwide Catholic Church, in which the 263rd successor of the Apostle Peter, Pope John Paul II, teaches, governs and sanctifies, along with some 3,000 other bishops around the world, who are successors of the apostles of Jesus Christ.

As mentioned in the Acts of the Apostles, it is true that the followers of Christ early became known as "Christians" (cf. Acts 11:26). The name Christian, however, was never commonly applied to the Church herself. In the New Testament itself, the Church is simply called "the Church." There was only one. In that early time there were not yet any break-away bodies substantial enough to be rival claimants of the name and from which the Church might ever have to distinguish herself.

Very early in post-apostolic times, however. the Church did acquire a proper name--and precisely in order to distinguish herself from rival bodies which by then were already beginning to form. The name that the Church acquired when it became necessary for her to have a proper name was the name by which she has been known ever since-the Catholic Church.

The name appears in Christian literature for the first time around the end of the first century. By the time it was written down, it had certainly already been in use, for the indications are that everybody understood exactly what was meant by the name when it was written.

Around the year A.D. 107, a bishop, St. Ignatius of Antioch in the Near East, was arrested, brought to Rome by armed guards and eventually martyred there in the arena. In a farewell letter which this early bishop and martyr wrote to his fellow Christians in Smyrna (today Izmir in modern Turkey), he made the first written mention in history of "the Catholic Church." He wrote, "Where the bishop is present, there is the Catholic Church" (To the Smyrnaeans 8:2). Thus, the second century of Christianity had scarcely begun when the name of the Catholic Church was already in use.

Thereafter, mention of the name became more and more frequent in the written record. It appears in the oldest written account we possess outside the New Testament of the martyrdom of a Christian for his faith, the "Martyrdom of St. Polycarp," bishop of the same Church of Smyrna to which St. Ignatius of Antioch had written. St. Polycarp was martyred around 155, and the account of his sufferings dates back to that time. The narrator informs us that in his final prayers before giving up his life for Christ, St. Polycarp "remembered all who had met with him at any time, both small and great, both those with and those without renown, and the whole Catholic Church throughout the world."

We know that St. Polycarp, at the time of his death in 155, had been a Christian for 86 years. He could not, therefore, have been born much later than 69 or 70. Yet it appears to have been a normal part of the vocabulary of a man of this era to be able to speak of "the whole Catholic Church throughout the world."

The name had caught on, and no doubt for good reasons.

The term "catholic" simply means "universal," and when employing it in those early days, St. Ignatius of Antioch and St. Polycarp of Smyrna were referring to the Church that was already "everywhere," as distinguished from whatever sects, schisms or splinter groups might have grown up here and there, in opposition to the Catholic Church.

The term was already understood even then to be an especially fitting name because the Catholic Church was for everyone, not just for adepts, enthusiasts or the specially initiated who might have been attracted to her.

Scissors-32x32.png

St. Paul -3AD to 67AD

At one time, the Church of Rome was considered a hick town parish, though......when Constantinople was the seat of Catholicism, and before it had it's great cathedral topped by a mosque.

Company selling targets with images of Americans to DHS for firearms training (Photos)

http://www.examiner....rearms-training

a02af5d20eeda9dd52821ec0f7fe33e6.jpg

b0d2554b76cf08dfea726573d326e260.jpg

Law Enforcement Targets, Inc., a company that sells law enforcement and federal agencies “realistic” paper targets for firearms training, is providing the Department of Homeland Security with images of “non-traditional threats.”

The people in these images of people are most likely Americans, with such images as “’pregnant woman threat,’ ‘older man with shotgun,’ ‘older man in home with shotgun,’ ‘older woman with gun,’ ‘young school aged girl,’ ‘young mother on playground,’ and ‘little boy with real gun,’” writes Paul Joseph Watson on Tuesday.

Scissors-32x32.png

Found @ iOTW

• Like 1

Scissors-32x32.png

H/T Instapundit

Clarence Thomas at Harvard Law School

smile.png

:bag:

Rape Survivor: A Call Box Above My Head While I Was Being Brutally Raped Wouldn't Have Helped

Katie Pavlich

2/20/2013

Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a second degree blackbelt at the time and walked to the parking garage with a large group of people. Today, Collins did an interview with NRA News host Cam Edwards to tell her horrific story. She explained why Colorado Democratic Rep. Joe Salazar's comments about call boxes and rape whistles being sufficient self defense for women on campus will only result in more uncessary victims.

(Snip)

• Like 1

Who Needs Gallup When We Have Brain Scans?

2/20/13

Researchers now claim that brain scans can indicate your politics:

A team of political scientists and neuroscientists has shown that liberals and conservatives use different parts of the brain when they make risky decisions, and these regions can be used to predict which political party a person prefers.

Democrats showed significantly greater activity in the left insula, a region associated with social and self-awareness. Meanwhile Republicans showed significantly greater activity in the right amygdala, a region involved in the body’s fight-or-flight system.

(Snip)

ven so, at Via Meadia we like to think our whole brains are working, and we’re also skeptical when supposed breakthroughs like this are announced. Human beings are pretty complicated, and we’ve known many people who move from one side of the political spectrum to the other over time, or who take the liberal position on some issues and the conservative position on others. Do their brains change shape when their politics do?

Science Marches On! blink.png