Coffee Shop

Rheo

pollyannaish

Sen. hopeful to reporter: 'Go f--k yourself'

Michael Baumgartner, a Republican Senate candidate from the great state of Washington, has told a reporter at Seattle Met Magazine to "go f--k yourself" after asking him to clarify his position on abortion.

LINK

----

Sent it in an email hours later with a picture of a recently killed Navy Seal.

@pollyannaish @Chickadee

Oh great. Why is the party self destructing? Baumgartner is a decent candidate. The article about him says: On Tuesday, the GOP followed the Akin controversy by approving a plank to its draft platform calling for a constitutional ban on abortion, without an exception for rape.

ohmy.png Is that true? It doesn't really matter to me, but it seems like a really stupid time to be that stringent.

pollyannaish

Michael Baumgartner, a Republican Senate candidate from the great state of Washington, has told a reporter at Seattle Met Magazine to "go f--k yourself" after asking him to clarify his position on abortion.

LINK

----

@pollyannaish @Chickadee

Anyone know if the reporter did?

:lol:

Reading it in context, I understand it. But it is self destructive. Good grief.

pollyannaish

Michelle Obama is sooooo cool.

I checked this out, and I'm not sure that its quite as cut and dried as the headlines. There is definitely a sex category, but there is a bunch of other stuff like parenting, makeovers, etc. It's just like any regular women's magazine you might pick up in the grocery store to be honest. Like Vogue or Cosmo. Any of those high end urban magazines.

I don't subscribe to those, but I do occasionally pick them up at the hairdressers. The last time I went, I started reading Vogue. I was sitting next to a late middle aged man who was getting his grey covered up too. Anyway, I started getting really uncomfortable because I was shocked by the quantity of full nudity and used-to-be not mainstream sexuality in the magazine. To top it off, the feature article (not including the fifteen articles on how to keep your man happy) was sort of a day in the life of a...well...one of those people who take care of unsightly bikini lines and so forth. It was explicit. I didn't want to seem like a prude, so I sort of flipped through nonchalantly and then found a People magazine to read as quickly as possible. Poor guy kept glancing up and then looking down quickly and uncomfortably.

But honestly, I would have been more comfortable reading something intellectual in Playboy.

My point is, after all of this rambling, that it is not a sex site. It is an online Women's magazine. Laura Bush might show up in something more traditional like Good Housekeeping or Better Homes and Gardens. But a younger Urban woman like Michelle Obama wouldn't think twice about being in a magazine like this.

LINK

----

@pollyannaish @Chickadee

Anyone know if the reporter did?

laugh.png

Reading it in context, I understand it. But it is self destructive. Good grief.

How weird. Would never expect this from Mr. Baumgartner (thought he was smarter). Perhaps Baumgartner was looking for any type of publicity--even negative--but I doubt it. I do see him making this strong appeal to influence those who strongly oppose war, and especially the war in Afghanistan. That said, we all reach our tolerance level at times, and I believe "reporters" are known to have a way of pushing people's buttons. Some blogs I've seen on this are fairly supportive. The one I agreed with the most was, "this should be a non-issue." I will still vote for him, just not happy right now with his choices.

Why aren’t we running as hard on Dems support for Occupy as they are on Akin?

William A. Jacobson

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Why aren’t we running hard on the Democrats support for the Occupy movement? At least as hard as they are running on Todd Akin?

One person is, Karen Harrington running against Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (via The Shark Tank):

(Snip

Here comes the next slam on Romney....

“Big business is doing fine in many places,” Romney said. “They get the loans they need, they can deal with all the regulation. They know how to find ways to get through the tax code, save money by putting various things in the places where there are low tax havens around the world for their businesses.”

Being compared to Obama saying economy is doing fine.....

Big business is doing pretty well, cheap labor, cheap interest rates, etc. Have you looked at the stock market the past 4 years?

pollyannaish

Oy vey. Romney is right. They did not say the same thing. Its very clear (at least to me) from the context.

We are all going to die, if you listen to The Weather Channel

The official word went out to the main stream media:

"Isaac, the Hurricane that might, maybe, perhaps, could change the World as we know it or at least get you wet, is coming and we are going override any GOP news."

I

We are all going to die, if you listen to The Weather Channel

The official word went out to the main stream media:

"Isaac, the Hurricane that might, maybe, perhaps, could change the World as we know it or at least get you wet, is coming and we are going override any GOP news."

Yep, still has to be a hurricane, so far not so much. If the Florida, Alabama, Mississippi coasts can't handle a Cat 1 hurricane then they really don't need people living in that area.

@clearvision

True dat!

Stephanie the weather channel lady woman girl almost sounded disappointed.

"Even though Isaac gave Puerto Rico only a glancing blow"

LOL from a site talking of Isaac:

"Word on the street is that Tampa hired Ray Nagin as an independent disaster management consultant."

One innocent person murdered in New York and it's wall to wall

How many people were murdered in Chicago yesterday or today?

U.S. Incomes Fell More In Recovery, Sentier Says

By Jeff Kearns - Aug 23, 2012 3:21 PM CT

230 COMMENTS

American incomes declined more in the three-year expansion that started in June 2009 than during the longest recession since the Great Depression, according an analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data by Sentier Research LLC.

Scissors-32x32.png

Couple of hundred comments.

One from Colorado" Change is a comin'!!

5 hours ago

Why would ANYBODY want 4 more years of THIS?

"Word on the street is that Tampa hired Ray Nagin as an independent disaster management consultant."

What his he doing these days you ask? This may come as a shock to you..I know it is to me.

Fourth defendant pleads guilty in NOAH home-remediation scam

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Richard Hall, a defendant in the NOAH home-remediation scandal that dogged Mayor Ray Nagin's administration beginning in 2008, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to conspiracy and theft from a program receiving government funds. Hall, a Harvey contractor, admitted to conspiring to steal federal funds through New Orleans Affordable Housing, a quasi-city agency that administered grants for remediation work following Hurricane Katrina.

Ray Nagin ordered to appear before grand jury, station reports

August 20, 2012

WDSU-TV reported this afternoon that former Mayor Ray Nagin has been ordered to appear before a federal grand jury on Friday. The source of the station's information is unclear; the report simply says that "the WDSU I-Team has learned" of the scheduled appearance. The station says that the subpoena went out last week.

(Snip)

It's been well-publicized that the feds have been building a case against Nagin. The Times-Picayune reported in February that he was the subject of a federal probe, and in June, former city contractor Frank Fradella pleaded guilty to giving "Public Official A" -- who is known to be Nagin -- $50,000 and showering him with free granite for his family's countertop installation business.

(Snip)

A Democrat Mayor of NO being investigated on corruption charges... who could possible foreseen this.ohmy.png

@Valin

“All the kids are winners,” stressed Michelle Obama’s Deputy Communications Director Semonti Stephens to the children that attended the dinner.

If everyone is a winner, why bother trying?

free-stuff-obama.jpg

What his he doing these days you ask? This may come as a shock to you..I know it is to me.

Fourth defendant pleads guilty in NOAH home-remediation scam

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Richard Hall, a defendant in the NOAH home-remediation scandal that dogged Mayor Ray Nagin's administration beginning in 2008, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to conspiracy and theft from a program receiving government funds. Hall, a Harvey contractor, admitted to conspiring to steal federal funds through New Orleans Affordable Housing, a quasi-city agency that administered grants for remediation work following Hurricane Katrina.

Ray Nagin ordered to appear before grand jury, station reports

August 20, 2012

WDSU-TV reported this afternoon that former Mayor Ray Nagin has been ordered to appear before a federal grand jury on Friday. The source of the station's information is unclear; the report simply says that "the WDSU I-Team has learned" of the scheduled appearance. The station says that the subpoena went out last week.

(Snip)

It's been well-publicized that the feds have been building a case against Nagin. The Times-Picayune reported in February that he was the subject of a federal probe, and in June, former city contractor Frank Fradella pleaded guilty to giving "Public Official A" -- who is known to be Nagin -- $50,000 and showering him with free granite for his family's countertop installation business.

(Snip)

A Democrat Mayor of NO being investigated on corruption charges... who could possible foreseen this.ohmy.png

I am soooooo shocked. I am sure what ever it is it's George Bushes fault!!!!!!

I am soooooo shocked. I am sure what ever it is it's George Bushes fault!!!!!!

Well That goes without saying!

Everyone knows He, Dick Cheney, and their cabal control the world