Coffee Shop- Debate thread tonight! - Open 24/7

Rheo

I confess I am not completely enthused about any of them --still would take ANY over the o.snip

... but he just does not have the "it" factor. For that matter neither do any of the others.

In any case, we'll end up better than we did in 2008.

john-mccain-thumbs-up.jpg

I confess I am not completely enthused about any of them --still would take ANY over the o.snip

... but he just does not have the "it" factor. For that matter neither do any of the others.

In any case, we'll end up better than we did in 2008.

john-mccain-thumbs-up.jpg

I'm still trying to figure that out!

Winners:

Romney, followed by Gingrich.

Breakout star: Gary Johnson. Comes across as a more rational Ron Paul. Loved his "Two dogs" line, best quote of the debates.

Biggest disappointment: Rick Perry, who seemed to fumble while Romney effectively countered his attacks.

Meh: Jon Huntsman.

Losing ground: Michelle Bachmann.

Award for spunk and optimism: Herman Cain.

I didn't see the whole thing, but I'm just getting less and less impressed with Romney and Perry (not that the bar was very high to begin with.) They were never my top picks, but I just find them less agreeable every time they open their mouths. If Perry wanted to squash his stigma on immigration and DREAM act, he would say "The federal government isn't doing its constitutional duty to protect our borders, and is fighting states rights when they try to pick up the slack. As a border state abandoned by the federal government, I'm dealing with the influx of illegals how I can. I'd rather educate them and get them citizenship than have them be criminals. When I become President, I'm locking the border down and giving the states the support they need to stop this." I don't agree with what Perry has done, but if I were him, that's how I would spin it. But then I would just dislike him more for spinning it. He can't win with me. ;)

I thought Bachmann was one dimensional. Agree that she's slipping. She was my favorite out of the gate, but she's letting me down.

When allowed to speak by the moderators, Cain has yet to say much of anything that I disagree with. He's probably my favorite at this point. He needs to be vocal on more issues besides the economy to round himself out.

You know, there is a lot of news about "Even his supporters know he can't win..."

Why the HELL not? Seriously. Every single person I talk to says that he is their favorite and that he has the most spunk and the best ideas and seems the most Reaganesque.

I think he has a REALLY great chance of being a surprise candidate. I wish I had a little money. I'd send it to him.

In fact, as of right this minute...I am declaring for Cain. Obviously, I reserve my right to withdraw my support, but he may be to Obama, what Reagan was to Carter.

. I wish I had a little money. I'd send it to him.

I have a little money Polly. Maybe we could pool out "little monies" and send him...a little money.

Nah, I'm waiting to see who shakes out in this debacle, and whether "you know who" enters. Then I "may" part with some of my little money.