Kim Potter Conviction: A Blatant Miscarriage of Justice

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
kim-potter-conviction-a-blatant-miscarriage-of-justice
Legal Insurrection

Kim Potter Conviction: A Blatant Miscarriage of Justice

Prosecution never showed evidence of recklessness and deliberately misled the jury on the law

Posted by Andrew Branca Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 06:00pm 116 Comments

I’d like to share some quick observations on the conviction of Kim Potter on two counts of manslaughter over the shooting death of Daunte Wright.  I realize that the conviction is now a week past, but feel obliged to write up my closing thoughts on the case if only to close the circle on this trial on which we all invested considerable time and effort.

As the title of today’s content reveals, it’s my professional opinion that the conviction of Potter on charges of manslaughter is a blatant miscarriage of justice based on the fact that manslaughter in this case properly required proof beyond a reasonable doubt of reckless conduct, that reckless conduct in this case properly requires the conscious disregard by Potter of an unjustifiable risk of death or serious bodily injury to Daunte Wright, and that the jury was presented with exactly zero evidence that Potter consciously disregarded the risk that resulted in Wright’s death.    :snip: 

• 6 months later...

Update

Jul 11, 2022 Liz Collin Reports | Ep. 18 On the latest episode of "Liz Collin Reports," Liz spoke with a close friend and former colleague of Kim Potter who's been tirelessly advocating for her release from prison.

• 2 months later...