Democrat Harry Reid, Former Senate Majority Leader, Dies At 82

Valin

breaking-democrat-harry-reid-former-senate-majority-leader-dies-at-82
The Daily Wire

Ryan Saavedra

Dec 28, 2021

Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) died on Tuesday at the age of 82, according to local media.

Jon Ralston, CEO of The Nevada Independent, wrote on Twitter: “Harry Reid, probably the most important elected official in Nevada history, has died at 82.” A story in the Nevada Independent reports that sources confirmed his death.

(Snip)

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) released the following statement about Reid shortly after his death was announced:

Harry Reid was one of the most amazing individuals I have ever met. He was tough-as-nails strong, but caring and compassionate, and always went out of his way quietly to help people who needed help.

He was a boxer who came from humble origins, but he never forgot where he came from and used those boxing instincts to fearlessly fight those who were hurting the poor and the middle class.

He was my leader, my mentor, one of my dearest friends. He ‘s gone but he will walk by the sides of many of us in the Senate every single day.

(Snip)

____________________________________________________________________________________

I have a personal policy of Not saying anything negative about a dead politician until they a buried.

Harry Reid dies

As is customary when a famous politician dies, tributes are pouring in for Harry Reid, who died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 82 Tuesday. Frankly, I have nothing nice to say about the man, but will observe the custom of waiting 24 hours after a death to offer any critical remarks.

But I wonder how long it will be until his co-religionist Mitt Romney, about whom Reid openly lied on the Senate floor claiming that Romney had paid no income taxes, offers words of tribute to him? Remember that when called out on his lie after the election, Reid’s response was, “Romney didn't win, did he?”

According to The Salt Lake Tribune, the two men “reconciled” following the 2016 election. But as iof 5 years ago in late 2016, the two men were still exchanging barbs: Harry Reid: Mitt Romney lost all my respect. Romney: You lost my respect first.:snip: