San Francisco, Bay Area stores ransacked; retailer warns leadership 'invited chaos' amid looting streak

Valin

san-francisco-bay-area-stores-ransacked-retailer-warns-leadership-invited-chaos-looting-streak
Fox News

Dozens of stores were ransacked in San Francisco and Oakland over the weekend

Bailee Hill

Nov. 23 2021

A San Francisco retailer is calling crime in the city "atrocious" after thieves recently targeted luxury retailers and other stores with mass looting over a period of days. Gump's owner John Chachas joined "Fox & Friends" to discuss the crime wave and share his concerns as a business owner. 

"My concern as a business person is you don't have a functioning environment anymore when you have people outside of the city who are afraid to come to the city because of rampant crime… and grit and filth," Chachas explained. 

*SAN FRANCISCO MAYOR'S PLAN TO COMBAT FLASH MOB LOOTING WILL LIMIT ACCESS TO STORES AHEAD OF HOLIDAYS

Over the weekend, at least 12 stores were ransacked, including a Louis Vuitton in the city's well-known Union Square, which was reportedly "emptied out."

(Snip)

* Typical of The Left. Lets punish the store owners, and law abiding people.  :wallbash:

12 minutes ago, Valin said:

"My concern as a business person is you don't have a functioning environment anymore when you have people outside of the city who are afraid to come to the city because of rampant crime… and grit and filth," Chachas explained. 

I'm sure blocking traffic (reserving parking for the looters?) will make out-of-towners a lot more likely to drive in to shop in the SF cesspool!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Geee said:

Nancy Pelosi just bought a 11,000 square foot $25 million mansion in Florida

Nancy Pelosi just bought a 11,000 square foot $25 million mansion in Florida. Someone doesn't want to pay exorbitant taxes in her home state she has ruined. Climate change and global warming thrown out the door.

FE2LJ6kXwAAryT3.jpeg

1. I will take *Global Warming/Climate Change/Disruption/Crisis seriously when those who warn me, lecture me about it do. 

2. How does Nancy afford a Twenty five million dollar mansion on her paycheck?

3. Dear Lord. I have a favor to ask. Could you send a hurricane to Jupiter Island, Florida? I don't want anyone hurt, but there is this One house..... Thank You.

PS * I wish they would make up their mind what to call it. Being not that bright , I am easily confused.

• 2 weeks later...

California 'smash-and-grab' looting suspects back on the street thanks to 'zero-bail' policy

Phil Shiver

December 03, 2021

ourteen "smash-and-grab" robbery suspects recently arrested in Los Angeles, California, are back on the streets thanks in part to the county's controversial zero cash bail policy, the city's police chief said this week.

During a press conference Thursday, Chief Michel Moore told reporters, “All the suspects taken into custody are out of custody, either as a result of one juvenile, or the others as a result of bailing out or zero-bail criteria," according to Fox News.

Moore added that the 14 suspects had been arrested in connection with 11 separate robberies that took place over a ten-day period late last month, from November 18 to 28. In total, the crimes are believed to have cost the targeted businesses $338,000 in total stolen merchandise and more than $40,000 in total property damage.

(Snip)

Team Biden, you can’t blame looting gangs on COVID and Trump — look in the mirror

It’s all Donald Trump’s fault. Or COVID. Whatever the issue, count on Team Biden to shift the blame to the pandemic — or the president’s predecessor.

That’s precisely what happened Thursday when White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki — in an incredible stretch, even for her — claimed COVID-19 was a “root cause” of the outbreak of smash-and-grab attacks plaguing the country.

“When a huge group of criminals organizes themselves, and they want to go loot a store, CVS and Nordstrom, a Home Depot, until the shelves are clean, you think that’s because of the pandemic?” asked Fox News’ Peter Doocy.

“I think a root cause in a lot of communities is the pandemic. Yes,” replied Psaki.:snip:

37 minutes ago, Geee said:

"When a huge group of criminals organizes themselves, and they want to go loot a store, CVS and Nordstrom, a Home Depot, until the shelves are clean, you think that’s because of the pandemic?” asked Fox News’ Peter Doocy.

“I think a root cause in a lot of communities is the pandemic. Yes,” replied Psaki.

Because without COVID the members of those communities would have happily bought thousand-dollar handbags and work-out outfits! (sarc)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Geee said:

Team Biden, you can’t blame looting gangs on COVID and Trump — look in the mirror

It’s all Donald Trump’s fault. Or COVID. Whatever the issue, count on Team Biden to shift the blame to the pandemic — or the president’s predecessor.

That’s precisely what happened Thursday when White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki — in an incredible stretch, even for her — claimed COVID-19 was a “root cause” of the outbreak of smash-and-grab attacks plaguing the country.

“When a huge group of criminals organizes themselves, and they want to go loot a store, CVS and Nordstrom, a Home Depot, until the shelves are clean, you think that’s because of the pandemic?” asked Fox News’ Peter Doocy.

“I think a root cause in a lot of communities is the pandemic. Yes,” replied Psaki.:snip:

The sad thing is there are people who will buy into this. The True Believers, members of the Materialist/Progressive Religion.

Next Tuesday she'll blame it on Clime Change, White Supremacy, or we're not spending enough money on Education. Anything but their policies.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

Because without COVID the members of those communities would have happily bought thousand-dollar handbags and work-out outfits! (sarc)

If/When an investigation is done on these looting gangs they will find behind it all Drug Gangs. They may not be as *hierarchical or organized as Cosa Nostra was/is, but they Are organized.

* i could be wrong maybe they are.

Epidemic of smash-and-grab crime is definitely man-made - Jonathan Turley

Crime is raging across the country, from violent attacks to brazen shoplifting to mob “smash and grab” attacks. The White House this week had a simple answer for the cause of this rising lawlessness: It was not “defund the police” efforts, or more restrictive policies for police and prosecutors. It was the familiar scourge cited in debates ranging from infrastructure to supply chains to tax increases — the pandemic.

The pandemic now seems to have reached the mythic levels of gods who once were blamed for everything that went wrong in life. Africans had Anansi the Spider, while the Norse had the trickster Loki. Both were known to assume different identities to wreak disorder or steal precious things.

For politicians, it is useful to have a lurking Loki to explain that social problems are not really of their making, the result of their failures. The Loki factor was evident in the press conference this week when Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy asked about the rising lawlessness seen in major cities such as New York, Chicago and Los Angeles: “Does the president still think that crime is up because of the pandemic?” White House press secretary Jen Psaki replied that “many people have conveyed that.”:snip:

George Soros' network of woke DA's he has bankrolled in cities across the US: How the Billionaire Democrat megadonor gave Chicago's Kim Foxx $2M and Philly's DA - where murder has doubled - got $1.7M

• Soros donated $2million to a PAC that supported the reelection campaign of Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx
  • Cook County's murder rate is the highest  it has been since 1994
  • He also donated to a PACs that prop up Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascón and Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner 
  • Soros is most known for donating to Democratic presidents Clinton and Obama
  • The Hungarian billionaire spent $3m on seven local DA races in 2016 
  • In 2020, he pumped $28million into Democratic elections across the US 

@Geee

What does Georgie want for all the money he spent? Chaos and disruption in the American political/economic/education system. And he is close to getting it. A deeper question is What does he get out of it? Remember my 3 small simple questions

1. What do you want? (Chaos)

2. How do you get it? (fund the most extreme parts of the Democratic Party)

3. Then What Happens?

If I'm correct we know the answers to 1 & 2. Question 3? Its way to easy to see him as some mustache twirling  Evil super villain.  He has to know IF he is successful in taking down America (if I'm correct), he's not just taking us down, he's taking down civilization as we know it.

Well have a good idea if he'll succeed by November 5, 2024.

Like I've said before, I'm starting to take Alex Jones lessons.

OTOH I Could Be Wrong. I would LOVE to be wrong.

2 hours ago, Valin said:

@Geee

What does Georgie want for all the money he spent? Chaos and disruption in the American political/economic/education system. And he is close to getting it. A deeper question is What does he get out of it? Remember my 3 small simple questions

1. What do you want? (Chaos)

2. How do you get it? (fund the most extreme parts of the Democratic Party)

3. Then What Happens?

If I'm correct we know the answers to 1 & 2. Question 3? Its way to easy to see him as some mustache twirling  Evil super villain.  He has to know IF he is successful in taking down America (if I'm correct), he's not just taking us down, he's taking down civilization as we know it.

Well have a good idea if he'll succeed by November 5, 2024.

Like I've said before, I'm starting to take Alex Jones lessons.

OTOH I Could Be Wrong. I would LOVE to be wrong.

Something I found interesting

Google: what does george soros really want

Go Duck Go: what does george soros really want

3 hours ago, Geee said:

There are companies that specialize in getting bad press way down the line for ou on the net. He can more than afford to hire them.

I'm so old I can remember when Google would actually try to answer a question like What does George Soros really want?.

Just now, Valin said:

I'm so old I can remember when Google would actually try to answer a question like What does George Soros really want?.

I do a lot of family tree research on line. Its not like it used to be. It's hard to find any info. It's all a big advertisement trying to sell you something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Wilson considers measures like Proposition 47, the "Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Act," passed by nearly 60% of voters in 2014, as the sort of deceptive reform that opened the door to this rash of smash and grabs. The Los Angeles Times endorsed the measure because it would "reduce sentences for a handful of petty crimes."

Petty Crimes is like beauty, its in the eye of the beholder. If you own a small store and are hit with a series of $100.00-$200.00 thefts that's not petty. 

There is a story told about when Tommy Lucchese was just getting started, he started the Lucchese window washing company. If you owned a small store you had a choice, use his company, or have your windows smashed.

In L.A., ‘The Criminals Know They Can Do Whatever They Want’

A day after a career criminal was arrested in the fatal shooting of philanthropist Jacqueline Avant at the lavish Beverly Hills home she shared with her husband Clarence, a 90-year-old music producer inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame this year, her family issued a statement that read in part, “Now, let justice be served.”

But in Los Angeles, where left-wing lawmakers and activists have pushed a litany of progressive reforms that help violent criminals spend less-time behind bars, justice is not only fleeting — it’s twisted, critics say.

“It’s a s–t show over here,” said LAPD Det. Jamie McBride, a director of the Los Angeles Police Protective League, a police union. “Bad guys are released quicker than we can finish the paper work, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.”

The Avants — whose daughter Nicole is a former ambassador to the Bahamas and married to Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos, had been living a comfortable life in their sprawling 4,000 square foot , $7 million home in the ritzy Trousdale Estates neighborhood for decades, friends said.:snip:

Newspaper Photographer Working in San Francisco Robbed at Gunpoint: ‘Incredibly Troubling’

A newspaper photographer working in the San Francisco Bay Area was recently robbed at gunpoint, Fox News reported Sunday.

“The photographer for the San Francisco Chronicle was robbed of two cameras around 3:30 p.m. Friday in the 1400 block of Fifth Street in West Oakland, according to the newspaper, citing an Oakland police spokesperson,” the outlet said.:snip:

San Francisco crime surge prompts city to suspend cannabis tax to help dispensaries versus drug dealers

City supervisors in San Francisco unanimously approved an ordinance suspending the city's business tax on cannabis retailers last week.

San Francisco Supervisor Rafael Mandelman, who penned the ordinance, said in a statement to the San Francisco Examiner that the suspension is intended to help out legal cannabis retailers who are trying to compete with illegal drug dealers and a spike in theft.

The tax, which imposes a 1% to 5% citywide tax on gross receipts from cannabis businesses, was approved by voters in November 2018 and was slated to go into effect on Jan. 1, 2022. The ordinance, which passed Tuesday, suspends the tax through Dec. 31, 2022.:snip:

45 minutes ago, Geee said:

San Francisco crime surge prompts city to suspend cannabis tax to help dispensaries versus drug dealers

San Francisco Supervisor Rafael Mandelman, who penned the ordinance, said in a statement to the San Francisco Examiner that the suspension is intended to help out legal cannabis retailers who are trying to compete with illegal drug dealers and a spike in theft.

Translation: Illegal dealers sell at a lower price.

Gosh never saw that one coming.