Twix ad features boy in 'princess dress' with 'witch nanny' who harms children

Valin

twix-ad-princess-dress-with-nanny
The Post Millennial

Hannah Nightingale

October 28, 2021

In an odd commercial airing ahead of Halloween weekend, a Twix ad that fails to mention what product it's for selling instead focuses on a boy who wears a princess dress and his witch nanny.

(Snip)

Don’t Buy Twix!

John Hinderaker

October 28, 2021

(Snip)

Also Rod Dreher:

What is the message of this two-minute clip? That genderfluidity is right and good, and opposing it is what wicked bullies do. … This is an aspect of the weird totalitarianism we are living through today. We have seen harder manifestations in cases where physicians, academics, and others lose their jobs for questioning transgender ideology. Things like the Twix ad cannot be understood as apart from the overall message discipline of the Left: that there is only one permissible opinion to hold, and those who do not hold it are enemies to be crushed.

That is certainly true, yet one wonders what Mars management was thinking. A two-minute ad like this one can’t air on television, and Mars doesn’t seem to have promoted it heavily on the internet. They evidently hoped it would go viral and give them a lot of free advertising. For that to make sense, they likely thought the ad would be promoted and shared by people who agree with it, while others–the large majority–wouldn’t see it.

That’s a cynical strategy underlying a fundamentally bad message. And, as Glenn Reynolds says, “That’s a curious message from a manufacturer of candy bars, but this is where we are in 2021, I guess.”

Disney/Hulu Halloween Short Film Alludes to Nanny of ‘Non-Binary Child’ Killing Boy

What happens when leftists throw Halloween and their woke agenda into a cauldron and mix it together? The nightmarish result is this year’s “Bite Size Halloween,” a Hulu short film series sponsored by Mars Inc. — the company responsible for some of America’s most popular trick-or-treating candy.

One of the most notable episodes in the series, which Hulu released on October 1, is called “The New Nanny” and features a goth witch who uses her dark powers to defend a little boy wearing princess dress from a bully.:snip:

59 minutes ago, Valin said:

@Geee

I hope Someone loses their job over this.

Doubt it. Now if someone had used the wrong pronoun - that would be another matter.

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Doubt it. Now if someone had used the wrong pronoun - that would be another matter.

I

d REALLY like to disagree...but.

All I know is Mars is one more company I won't be giving my money to.