Loose Ends (139)

Valin

loose-ends-139.php
Power Line

Steven Hayward

Oct. 17 2021

(Snip)

babylon-bee-nfl-removes-all-fans-players

Speaking of the Bee, its latest scoop is exposing that The Atlantic magazine’s Emma Green really is as vapid as most everyone else in the mainstream media. Green interviewed Bee impresario Kyle Mann, and the exchange includes these impossible-to-top bits:

Green: You guys wrote an article in January 2020 that was shared roughly 3 million times, claiming that Democrats called for the American flag to be flown at half-staff when the Iranian general Qasem Soleimani was killed in an American strike. What makes this funny? I know that’s the worst question to ask somebody who writes jokes.

Mann: It’s funny because General Soleimani died and then they called for flags to be flown at half-mast. Get it?

Green: But that’s what I’m saying. Besides just saying the joke again, what makes it funny?

Mann: Do you want me to explain the joke to you? Because the joke is that General Soleimani died and Democrats were sad. If you don’t know why that’s funny, then you’re not the audience for the joke. The funniest part is that it got fact-checked because it was so believable that Democrats would do that. That’s a real honor. . .

(Snip)

Green: Right, but you’re not just talking about stick figures. You’re making a joke about how progressives think about the hierarchy of race.

Mann: I’m not going to sit here and deconstruct and explain every joke to you. We’re taking this ridiculous position in order to mock something—to make fun of this idea that your skin color matters in setting up a hierarchy of the oppressed versus oppressor class. If you really don’t get the joke, I can’t help you.

Give up, Kyle. There is indeed no stopping people like Green from making fools of themselves, and providing you with more material.

(Snip)