BREAKING: White House expresses support for Pelosi after she drops two key Republicans from her Jan 6 committee

Valin

breaking-white-house-expresses-support-for-pelosi-after-she-drops-two-key-republicans-from-her-jan-6-committee
The Post Millennial

"We also have long stated our support for Speaker Pelosi and getting to the bottom of what happened on January 6, a dark day in our democracy," Psaki said.

Libby Emmons

July 21, 2021

(Snip)

In a surprise move on Wednesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected two of Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy's GOP picks to serve on her January 6 "select committee." The two lawmakers who Pelosi refuses to seat on the committee are Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio and Rep. Jim Banks of Indiana.

In response, Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, who made the picks, has pulled all GOP members from Pelosi's committee. The rules of the committee's formation gave Pelosi veto power over McCarthy's selections.

Both of these congressman had voted against certifying the electoral college votes for Joe Biden on January 6, something that many Democrat legislators did in 2016 when they refused to vote to certify Donald Trump as president.

Banks responded to Pelosi's veto, saying "I'm a sitting member of Congress and served my country in Afghanistan and the Speaker knows how hard I will fight for my country."

(Snip)