Larry Elder announces candidacy in California recall election, Newsom denied party affiliation on ballot

Valin

larry-elder-announces-candidacy-in-california-recall-election-newsom-denied-party-affiliation-on-ballot
The Post Millennial

Elder is an advocate for school choice programs which could factor heavily in the election as Critical Race Theory dominates the national conversation.

Ari Hoffman

July 12, 2021

Nationally syndicated talk radio host Larry Elder entered California’s recall election on Monday in an effort to oust first-term Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom.

The 69-year-old attorney, nicknamed the "sage from South Central" told the Associated Press that he decided to launch his first campaign after witnessing California’s out-of-control homeless crisis, spiking crime, power and water shortages, and draconian COVID lockdowns.

"I have common sense. I have good judgment. I’m born and raised here. I think I understand the state," he said adding that he was driven by a "fire in the belly to see if I can do something … to move the needle in the right direction."

Other Republican candidates in the race include former San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer; businessman John Cox, state Assemblyman Kevin Kiley, reality TV star and former Olympian Caitlyn Jenner, and former US Representative Doug Ose.

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

July 12 2021

Elect Elder.com

• Like 1

Part 1: We're in court in less than an hour over this B.S. Before we submitted the over 200 pages of 5 yrs of tax returns, my accountant made sure we complied with the law, as did two election law lawyers http://ElectElder.com #RecallGavinNnewsom #WeveGotAStateToSave https://pic.twitter.com/NXkxvDfis5

Part 2: This new law was passed by the supermajority Democrat legislature to force Trump to turn over his tax returns to get on the 2020 ballot. California Supreme Court struck it down unanimously for presidential, but let it stand for gubernatorial elections. See you in court. https://pic.twitter.com/enR61ZWJ69

·2h

The deeply corrupt California machine is trying to keep Larry Elder out of the recall because they know he’s the real threat to evil cartoon villain Gavin Newsom. I’ll discuss in studio with Larry later today…

July 19 2021

Larry tells Dennis why he thinks he is being excluded from the ballot in the California recall election. "This guy is scared to death," says Larry referring to Newsom. "No Lawyer I've talked to thinks this is gonna disqualify me." Visit: ElectElder.com for the latest.

Anyone Can Grow Up To Be Governor, Except Larry Elder [Updated]

John Hinderaker

July 21, 2021

Radio talk show host Larry Elder is one of more than 40 candidates who have jumped through the hoops necessary to get on the ballot in California’s upcoming recall election. Only, unlike the others, Elder won’t be on the ballot if California’s Secretary of State gets her way.

California recently adopted a statute, apparently aimed at Donald Trump, requiring presidential and gubernatorial candidates to supply five years worth of tax returns as part of the filing process. As I understand it, the law was declared unconstitutional as to presidential candidates but was allowed to stand as to candidates for governor. Whether it applies to recall elections is unclear.

In any event, the Secretary of State notified the Larry Elder campaign Sunday evening that Elder’s tax returns hadn’t been properly redacted, and Elder therefore will not be on the recall ballot. Elder has filed suit, asking for a temporary restraining order. I haven’t yet seen a ruling on that motion.

My friend Roger Simon comments at the Epoch Times:

(Snip)

The fact that the Democrats tried to use a pretext to keep him off the ballot should give a boost to Elder’s campaign.

• 2 weeks later...

CALIFORNIA The Governor California Voters Don’t Deserve, But Surely Need

The California gubernatorial recall election was a dull affair that looked to be a loser for those who want to remove Gov. Gavin Newsom from office. Then Larry Elder entered the race. Now we get to see how ever-so-tolerant, diversity-obsessed Californians deal with the angst of seeing a black man with a serious chance on the Sept. 14 ballot.

No one would shake up single-party California more than Elder, a talk show host – the “Sage of South Central” – who is also a small business owner, author, and columnist. Though the election of Arnold Schwarzenegger to replace recalled Gray Davis in 2003 was a landmark political moment, it’s small-time compared to the state electing a black libertarian-leaning Republican, one who happens to lead the field of possible replacements by a large margin.

Anyone who has listened to Elder’s radio shows knows he’s smart, that he supports his beliefs with facts. He’s also a happy warrior, not a scold like the current governor, who is an operator; a slickster, who according to veteran California journalist Dan Walters “continues to say and do things to bolster that image”; an angle-player; and one lucky man who has relied on his good looks and extensive Democratic Party IOUs to reach the governor’s mansion.

(Which will be his final political destination. It’s obvious he’s been eyeing the White House, but the presidency is no longer possible for him, even should he survive the recall. He’s too wounded.)

Elder’s top campaign themes are lifting the statewide ban on cash bail, unwinding harshest-in-the-nation pandemic restrictions, expanding school choice programs, and easing the state’s burdensome environmental regulatory framework. If successful, his policies would reduce crime, which has become world famous, thanks to viral videos; free Californians from the grip of elected and unelected officials who have used the pandemic to manipulate and control; repair the state’s once highly regarded schools; and set off the homebuilding boom California desperately needs.:snip:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'Everything Is on the Line': Obama Wades Into California Recall Election

California! You’ve got a big choice to make by September 14, and everything is on the line. Your vote could be the difference between protecting our kids or putting them at risk; helping Californians recover or taking us backwards. Vote “no” on the Republican recall.

Meanwhile The Natives Are Restless.