The Unfit President

Geee

the_unfit_president_.html
American Thinkerrr

There was another time in U.S. history when a president was incapable of serving.  His name was Woodrow Wilson, and he had had a stroke, a debilitating one.  He never recovered.  For about 18 months, the nation was without a president.  World War I was over, and the country was on the cusp of the Roaring 20s, so perhaps having a leader wasn’t as imperative.    

Politico remembered Wilson’s October 1919 stroke in this October 2019 article

For a time, it was one of greatest cover-ups in the annals of the American presidency. (Many more years would pass before ratification of the 25th Amendment in 1967, which specifies the procedures to be followed in the event of a presidential disability.) Edith [Wilson, the First Lady] would regularly review pending legislation and executive documents -- becoming, according to some historians, the de facto acting president. [Italics added]:snip:

Lindsey Graham: 'Deal-maker' Biden from Senate 'is AWOL or doesn't exist'

President Joe Biden "no longer exists" as he was in the Senate, according to Sen. Lindsey Graham, who blames liberal Democrats and says the administration's agenda is "the most radical in the history of American politics."

The South Carolina Republican told the Washington Examiner in a wide-ranging interview on Wednesday that Biden is no longer reminiscent of the senator from Delaware he served alongside for several years, known there and during his time as vice president for being a bipartisan deal-maker.

"If he does exist, he needs to reemerge and reassert," Graham quipped.:snip:

Biden’s firing squad stands in a circle - Asia Times

The Biden Administration last week set a new historical record by threatening sanctions against Germany, India, Russia and China in the space of 72 hours. Germany and India are, or at least were, American allies.

Washington is angry at Germany for building a natural gas pipeline with Russia, at India for purchasing a Russian air defense system, at Russia for mistreatment of President Putin’s opponents and at China for treatment of its Uighur Muslim minority.

None of Washington’s recent threats is consistent with identifiable policy objectives. On the contrary, recent outbursts from Biden and his cabinet will cement a Sino-Russian alliance against the US, undermine US efforts to rebuild relations with European allies and damage US efforts to create a “Quad” alliance against China in the Pacific.

It is hard to avoid the conclusion that no one is in charge at the White House, and that senior officials are jockeying for position in a power vacuum by signaling to domestic constituencies. But the net effect recalls the old joke about the firing squad that stands in a circle.:snip:

58 minutes ago, Geee said:

@Geee

I'm starting to sound like some tin foil hat wearing Nutter (and you know how I feel about conspiracies), but I have to ask, who's running the show at the WH?

35 minutes ago, Valin said:

@Geee

I'm starting to sound like some tin foil hat wearing Nutter (and you know how I feel about conspiracies), but I have to ask, who's running the show at the WH?

I know, and it's kind of scary, because enemies are smelling weakness.

39 minutes ago, Valin said:

@Geee

2 minutes ago, Geee said:

I know, and it's kind of scary, because enemies are smelling weakness.

Recall last year people saying Joe Biden...Joe Biden! That's the best they could come up with?

I believe Joe made a deal with the Powers That Be in the DNC, "I'll do whatever you tell me, as long as I can sit in the Oval Office."

This is the 1st time I'm asking Who's Really In Charge?

• Like 1

Joe Biden Showed He's a Massive Coward at Today's Press Conference

Joe Biden held his first press conference since taking office today. It came after the longest drought in not only modern presidential history, but going all the way back to the 19th century. Needless to say, things didn’t go well, and RedState is covering plenty on that front.

Biden looked tired and out of it at times, unable to articulate his points and often rambling. In a highly unusual move, he also chose to use a briefing book, something presidents simply don’t do at these pressers because they are meant to be the president’s real thoughts, not some preconceived answer.:snip:

2 hours ago, Geee said:

Joe Biden Showed He's a Massive Coward at Today's Press Conference

Joe Biden held his first press conference since taking office today. It came after the longest drought in not only modern presidential history, but going all the way back to the 19th century. Needless to say, things didn’t go well, and RedState is covering plenty on that front.

Biden looked tired and out of it at times, unable to articulate his points and often rambling. In a highly unusual move, he also chose to use a briefing book, something presidents simply don’t do at these pressers because they are meant to be the president’s real thoughts, not some preconceived answer.:snip:

Meanwhile

Opinion: Biden excels at his first news conference. The media embarrass themselves.
Jennifer Rubin (former conservative)

H/T

DU

Fact-checking Biden's first press conference since taking office

President Joe Biden’s first press conference since taking office featured a heavy focus on the border crisis, the future of the filibuster, and how and whether he plans to work with Republicans — but not everything he said was completely accurate.

Despite receiving generally favorable press reviews for the hourlong appearance, Biden made some misleading or even outright false statements. Here are some:

ON THE MIGRANT SURGE

“The truth of the matter is nothing has changed,” Biden said. “It happens every single solitary year. There is a significant increase in the number of people coming to the border in the winter months of January, February, March. It happens every year.”

The president is correct that within individual years, migration tends to surge seasonally. But a comparison of the current pace of immigration to that seen during the same months in previous years shows we are in historic territory.:snip:

On Afghanistan, Biden Makes Three Gaffes in 30 Seconds

CNSNews.com) –  During his first press conference on Thursday, President Biden within the space of 30 seconds made three gaffes when responding to a question about Afghanistan.

He got a name wrong; he implicitly questioned the status of an elected U.S. ally who is Afghanistan’s head of state and commander-in-chief of the armed forces; and he corrected himself on “if” troops leave to “when we leave.”

When asked about one of the three gaffes, Biden reversed himself. The other two raised no comment.

“You face a May 1st deadline for the withdrawal of U.S. troops” from Afghanistan, said Ken Thomas of the Wall Street Journal. “As a candidate, in Foreign Affairs, you wrote that it is past time to end these forever wars. Can you commit to the American people that by May 2nd the U.S. will no longer have forces in Afghanistan?”:snip:

Biden Almost Causes Another International Incident With Huge Gaffe At Press Conference, WH Edits It Out

While he was talking about Afghanistan, he forgot the name of the Afghan president, calling him by the wrong name. “And General Austin is — just met with Kayani and I’m waiting for the briefing on that,” Biden said. The president’s name is Gen. Ashraf Ghani. Biden appeared to confuse him with the former chief of Pakistan’s defense forces, the retired Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani. According to the New York Times, Kayani was often accused of “double-dealing and bad faith.” Probably not a good thing to call someone who you’re supposed to know and be friendly with. Yikes. Just another one of those “no problem here” issues with Biden.

On top of that, Biden seemed to question the legitimacy of Ashraf Ghani as the president of Afghanistan.:snip:

• 7 months later...

Biden calls Satchel Paige 'the great negro' in latest gaffe

President Biden referred to the late baseball player Satchel Paige as "the great negro" before correcting himself during his Veterans Day address at Arlington National Cemetery on Thursday.

Biden was honoring former U.S. Ambassador to Hungary Donald Blinken, an Army veteran and father of Secretary of State Antony Blinken, during his speech when he launched into a story about Paige, who played in the so-called "Negro leagues" before moving to Major League Baseball in the late 1940s.:snip:

8 hours ago, Valin said:

Something think about.

If Joe Rob jr goes Who's next?

th?id=OIP.tEOdZC4CEyxAOeQFculhpAAAAA%26p

If She goes...

20090805_nancy-pelosi_33.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Then

th?id=OIP.Yp8leWRin9N7m7_Zplha9QAAAA%26p

It doesn't get Any Better.

I Know. I keep thinking about this and its scary.

41 minutes ago, Valin said:

Do you suppose that is why Kamala was picked?

?

Because she's a puppet?

Because she's so incompetent that they would keep him?

Because?